Ps:T v1.1 having error installing widescreen mod

Sketch Slayer

Assuming you did all the CD copies properly, and where it is specified in the Torment.ini file, the only issue I can think of is, as I said, the missing \ at the end of all the CDn:= lines in the Torment.ini file.

Basic check is: do you have the specified file in the CD2 copy on the hard disk? Is the directory where you find the file the one stated for CD2 in Torment.ini?

I still suggest you add a final \ and try again. I've always seen the final \ on these lines.

[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\

CD1:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1\

CD2:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2\

CD3:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3\

CD4:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4\

CD5:=E:\CD5\

As for CD5, I had it on the CD drive without problem. However it's probably better if you have it set to something that actually exists, not a fake location.

tried it the extra \ had no effect

plainab combining all cds into 1 directory had no effect either and I'm sure the ini points to the right spots since it doesn't ask for any cd apart from the occasional cd 2 to verify I have the cds but the ini does point to the right spots and yes i did manually copy em all over

I suspect it might be a problem with the chitin.key judging by what the log said but that is a wild guess

I really wanna get the mod installed :)

ugh I AM SUCH AN IDIOT

turns out somehow when I copied cd2 it skipped ar0100.bif for no reason...

so sorry for wasting so much of your time guys

thanks for trying to help

next time you find someone with this problem get them to check they copied ar0100 from cd2... honestly I don't know how I missed it...

sorry again

Archived