"Roll Your Own Beta Pre-Beta Post-Alpha Pioneers"

cmorgan

Potential solution to the gift thing. Make it an item and classify it as "food," like goodberries. Chocolates, whatever. That way, if the PC wants room in her inventory, she can just gorge herself on sweets. Yum!

Edit: ditch the timer on the drunk talk. If you're going to go with a timer here, go with a global timer that mediates all drunk talks. It saves a world of pain.

I'm not sure i follow you, B - dump which timer?

As for the Nin thing, how about this:

/* Madam Nin Dialog : Playing Aran */ 
APPEND MADAM

IF WEIGHT #-1 ~Name("c-aran",LastTalkedToBy)~ THEN BEGIN c-aranmadamnin
 SAY ~[MADAM] Greetings, my <LADYLORD>.  I am Madame Nin, and I am here to ensure you are pleasantly accompanied.  Are you interested in companionship, my <LADYLORD>?~
 + ~OR(2) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)~ + ~[ARAN] Now, if I didn't already have my eye on a certain someone, I might be a bit interested, an' that be th' truth. But I was actually hopin' you might have one o' those Calshite bathin' places around here. Any luck on that?~ + c_one_nin 
 + ~!Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)~ + ~[ARAN] No, I think I won't rightly need anyone to help in that direction. I saw a lass up th' street what looked more like my type. You know, young... beautiful... unattainable... th' usual ego-smashin' fun a lad likes to subject himself to, eh?~ GOTO MADAM 2
END

IF ~~ c_one_nin
 SAY ~[MADAM] I am sorry, my <LADYLORD>.  We do not have a large enough establishment to offer such delights.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXTERN C-ARANJ c-no_such_delights
END

END

APPEND C-ARANJ

IF ~~ c-no_such_delights
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now there be a golden opportunity wasted, you know. You ever decide to expand, an' mayhap need a hand wi' th' contracts an' such, look me up, eh? Aran Whitehand, Sword n' Pen. Trade Contracts and Copywork Drawn. Here, have one o' my broadsides. Wait, take two.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Short, fun, steamlined - or should it be more in-depth?

Oh, and have a gratuitously fun Gypsy Fortune Teller while I am at it - should have tucked one of these in there!

/* NPC Gypsy Fortunetelling */
EXTEND_BOTTOM TRGYP02 2
IF ~!InPartySlot(LastTalkedToBy,0) Name("c-aran",LastTalkedToBy)~ THEN EXTERN TRGYP02 c-aranfortune
END

APPEND TRGYP02

IF ~~ c-aranfortune
 SAY ~[TRGYP02] Your loyalty is your friend, your foe; your death, your life... it will bring you great happiness and great pain. Your sword swings wide of its mark, but your worth lies in the swing not the connection. There is little you will accomplish alone, yet you have the path of greatness open before you.~
 IF ~OR(2) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN EXTERN C-ARANJ c-aranfortunetold
 IF ~!Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN EXTERN C-ARANJ c-aranotherfortunetold
END
END

APPEND C-ARANJ
IF ~~ c-aranfortunetold
 SAY ~[ARAN] Gond's Great Gear, an' here all I wanted was to know if I should be bettin wi' this set o' dice, or get new ones, on account o' th' last few times they seem a mite bit cursed.~
 IF ~~ EXIT
END

/* Fun with songs! */ 
IF ~~ c-aranotherfortunetold
 SAY ~[ARAN] Gond's Great Gear, an' here all I wanted was to know if I should be sendin' nice little notes back to Erika, on account o' her bein' just about th' right stage to break up wi' that beau o' hers. Or mayhap th' young lass in Trademeet, th' one wi' th' coppery hair hangin' over her shoulder all tied up in a black velvet band. Or mayhap th' young lass outside o' Nashkel, th' bold bright black eyes what sparkled... no, no... mayhap some other lass be th' right one to be courtin' from afar.~ // Black Velvet Band, The Raven Eyed Lass
 ++ ~[PC] Or the young woman in the stables outside the Government district? The one they call 'Mustang Sally'?~ + c_mustangsally // pickett
 ++ ~[PC] Just don't bother with Alice. I have heard all the gilrs love Alice.~ + c_allthegirlslovealice // Elton John
 ++ ~[PC] You always go on and on about some girl named Eileen, and how at this moment she means everything...~ + c_comeoneileen // Dexy
 ++ ~[PC] There was that Elenor somebody you used to mutter about.~ + c_elenorrigby // Beatles
 ++ ~[PC] What about that bardess Chiquitita? I heard she has a new song...~ + c_chiquitita // ABBA
 ++ ~[PC] I thought you liked that barmaid in the Trade district... Sue, wasn't that her name?~ + c_runaroundsue
END

IF ~~ c_mustangsally // pickett
 SAY ~[ARAN] I tried to get that lass to spark, but all she wanted to do was ride. Now, don't you be lookin' at me that way... I mean ride th' horses around an' look at th' sights! If that were innuendo, my friend, you would not have me along. I'd be right by her side to this day!~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c_allthegirlslovealice // Elton John
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, how were I to know she preferered th' ladies? She wore th' flower in both ears, an' seemed interested in me as much as any. No, I think I wouldn't be askin' about her.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c_comeoneileen // Dexy and the Midnight Runners 
 SAY ~[ARAN] No, I want naught o' Eileen. She ran off in th' dead o' night wi' some young lad named Dexy. That girl were a keeper, though. She could keep a lad wantin' more.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c_elenorrigby // Beatles
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now that were a lass to remember. last I heard, though, she up an' died. She be buried somewhere right lonely, too. Not many made th' funeral. Pity.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c_chiquitita // ABBA
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now that be a right fine young lass. Th' way her neck moves just so, an' th' gentle curves... hells, what were I talkin' about? Oh, no. Not her. She loved th' sadness an' despondency o' broken romance. Hells, we broke up three times in one night, just on account o' she wanted to make up. Not that makin' up were hard to do...~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c_runaroundsue
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now don't be bringin' that evil wench into th' conversation. Chestnut hair, snub little nose, eyes set just too wide to be pretty... but a sparkin' spirit an' a body like to kill a man what looks at it. That wench done run around wi' half o' Amn, an' she kept promisin' I were her one an' only. No Sue on th' questionin' for me!~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

END

Potential solution to the gift thing. Make it an item and classify it as "food," like goodberries. Chocolates, whatever. That way, if the PC wants room in her inventory, she can just gorge herself on sweets. Yum!

Love that idea...Chocolate!!!!!

Party: Aran, Kivan, Xan, Anomen and Minsc (on the way to get Gavin to replace Minsc). But seem to be having an issue with Aran banters with other party members. After Xan banters with Kivan and Anomen appeared, (2 with each of them), I used ctrl+I to get Aran's first banter, (the one with Anomen). Then using ctrl+I again later to get the text exchange between Aran and Anomen. No other banters have appeared for Aran with any other party member. For some reason his banters aren't freely firing in every game. Talks with the PC are firing fine and the interjections seem to be firing fine as well.

FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION -cmorgan

a1178

[ARAN] (Aran glances in your direction occasionally, attempting to concentrate. He loosens his arms a bit, flexing slightly, then glances your direction...

...glances in your direction...

Rewritten, fixed! -cmorgan

Edit: Aran initiated flirts are showing up as they should this game.

Cool!

Party: Aran, Kivan, Xan, Anomen and Gavin. Forgot to tell you before, but this is the first game in which I'm not using the 15 min timers, chose the 30 min timers this time. Also, chose the default configuration (Soldier) version of Aran this game.

-This appeared forcetalking Aran while party was in the Docks area:

[ARAN] Home o' th' Cryin' God, an' any poor soul what's washed up here. Not that I'm judgin', mind you. A follower or two o' his has pulled me out o' more than one tight spot, an' not always after a battle. I'd better make a donation. (It happened only once, the first time Aran was forcetalked in the docks area)

-This appeared after entering the City Gates area the first time - did not forcetalk him that time, it just appeared:

[ARAN] Greetin's, oh Great an' Wise Oghma, Keeper of Lore an' Flame o' Knowledge - how's my girl doin' eh? Nice to see that there's still a ton o' things to read, an' visitin' the old girl's haunts is always a right fine experience. I'll be over here, browsin' through th' stacks.

-You know, 41 flirts is a massive number to get to that goaded talk. Anyways, the goaded talk appeared and the follow-up bedflirt talk appeared at the next rest. But, the variables aren't lining up - unless you've made some big changes: (They shared everything during the bedflirt talk, but not before) No intimate or sex variable has set. In Aran's locals c-arankisses still set at 1. Some of the others: c-aranflirts=41; c-aranrom=2; c-aranbedflirt=2; c-aragoaded=3; c-aranpcflirtstart=2

-PC is a thief and couldn't resist taking the letter from Aran's pack during one of his talks, (believe it's c-aranbg2rom=5). The variable c-arlettertaken=1 did set. The letter that appeared in my PC's inventory was the exact same letter she received when Aran joined - Was it supposed to be the same letter again?

-Aran's battlecry "Spellcasters die first" still has a strong pop at the beginning. Doesn't go well with headphones. Installed the third option of sounds: Vox Vulgaris (midaevil wih a twist)

-Other variables that have set:

c-arancityflirt=1 (Don't remember seeing this one before)

c-aranremoon=1 (Guessing this one is similar to the c-aranreinn variable)

c-arangardenmakeout=1 (sounds promising)

-Haven't used ctrl+I again to see if Aran's banters would just appear - they haven't. Getting banters between all other members of the party though.

Hai (This is a long post, beware!)

I'm enjoying Aran alot (occasionally fire up ToB just for the pebble talk). But I've found a couple of small errors.

The glaring one is:

IF ~~ a1101 SAY ~[ARAN] Yep. Red Wizards, Xanathar's Guild, Zhents, an' us. Gets th' job done right quick when we say '[b]<CHARNAME[/b]', an' folks start tremblin' an' hidin' their children.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

<CHARNAME> .

3 instances across project repaired! -cmorgan

The second one is that Aran is having troubles penetrating the heavy armor, of my mage.

He's using

IF ~OR(20) HasItemEquiped("chan01","c-aran") ... ect

So I tried offering some help. It seems to been a success.

IF ~~ a2059
 /* Idea from Berelinde's Gavin BG2 - check for armor. Must make sure it can't e accessed from the PC responses where PC is showing off a dress, so needs some tidying before integration. */
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, there be a bit more to it than first appears, eh? Here, let me help. Now, take th' quill, like this... dip it here. No, not that far down. We want naught in th' way o' splatter, just a fine line's worth. Good. Now, let me take your hand... an' then it be a circular motion, like this...~
 = ~[ARAN] (His breath whispers warmth on your neck as he leans against your back, guiding your hand over the rough parchment.)~
 IF ~OR(20) HasItemEquiped("chan01",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan02",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan03",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan04",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan05",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan06",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan07",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan08",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan09",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan10",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan11",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan12",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan13",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan14",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan15",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan16",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan17",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan18",Player1) HasItemEquiped("dwchan01",Player1) HasItemEquiped("dwchan02",Player1) RandomNum(3,1)~ THEN GOTO a2060
 IF ~OR(20) HasItemEquiped("chan01",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan02",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan03",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan04",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan05",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan06",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan07",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan08",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan09",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan10",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan11",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan12",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan13",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan14",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan15",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan16",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan17",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan18",Player1) HasItemEquiped("dwchan01",Player1) HasItemEquiped("dwchan02",Player1) RandomNum(3,2)~ THEN GOTO a2061
 IF ~OR(20) HasItemEquiped("chan01",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan02",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan03",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan04",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan05",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan06",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan07",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan08",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan09",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan10",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan11",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan12",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan13",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan14",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan15",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan16",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan17",Player1) HasItemEquiped("chan18",Player1) HasItemEquiped("dwchan01",Player1) HasItemEquiped("dwchan02",Player1) RandomNum(3,3)~ THEN GOTO a2062
 IF ~!HasItemEquiped("chan01",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan02",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan03",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan04",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan05",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan06",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan07",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan08",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan09",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan10",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan11",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan12",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan13",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan14",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan15",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan16",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan17",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan18",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("dwchan01",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("dwchan02",Player1) RandomNum(3,1)~ THEN GOTO a2063
 IF ~!HasItemEquiped("chan01",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan02",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan03",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan04",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan05",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan06",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan07",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan08",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan09",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan10",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan11",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan12",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan13",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan14",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan15",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan16",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan17",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan18",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("dwchan01",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("dwchan02",Player1) RandomNum(3,2)~ THEN GOTO a2064
 IF ~!HasItemEquiped("chan01",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan02",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan03",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan04",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan05",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan06",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan07",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan08",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan09",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan10",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan11",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan12",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan13",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan14",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan15",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan16",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan17",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("chan18",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("dwchan01",Player1) !HasItemEquiped("dwchan02",Player1) RandomNum(3,3)~ THEN GOTO a2065
END

Repaired! -cmorgan

And the final thing (which might just be the awesomeness of my charname)

IF ~~ a824
 ++ ~[PC] (You play carefully and calmly, but at every turn your moves are twarted... and Aran wins the game.)~ + a862

which leads to...

IF ~~ a862
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now then, <CHARNAME>, I do believe I lost. Problem is, I don't have no coin, not right now. Double or naught'?~

when it should(?) be...

IF ~~ a854
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now then, <CHARNAME>, I do believe I won. Hand it over, then!~

Re-mapped - Repaired! -cmorgan

Hope this is helpful and good!

Deleted the temp games files and the cache files, then reloaded the save right before picking up Gavin the second time. Aran's banters started appearing and each one has already fired in game. Don't know why that worked, but it did. Got to the goaded and bedflirt talk again. This time the intimate variable did set to 4, the sex variable did not set. Got it to set by checking the relationship status thru the PID.

[ARAN] Mayhap I have been knocked on th' head...

[PC] Shall I jog your memory...

[ARAN] I would love that.

[PC] Aran I know the touch of you, the feel of you...

But a "come to me at rest" request that ended in playing around caused the intimate variable to change from 4 to 3. c-arankisses is currently at 5. The other variables are the same as stated above.

-Got the same lines as before, (instead of the PC flirt menu), forcetalking Aran the first time in the Docks area: "Home o' th' Cryin' God, an' any poor soul..."

Hmmm. Something is not letting the Temple flirt play; it is hanging, and there is no "rollback" block. I'm taking a look.

The c-aranintimate should change after any action, so after a kiss it goes to 1, etc. It should vary widely. Then c-aransex should pick up a change via script, and be indicative of the most mature level of intimacy engaged in. Right now, 90% of the actions are not flagged with specific c-aranintimate changes (though much of the c-aransex filters are already in place). I need to check why the script is not picking up those changes.

I changed those all to C-ABVAMP and the scene triggered fine, vampires attack, Bodhi runs off, Aran leaves party and drops stuff...but he's still standing there in his knickers once the battle is over. I can't talk to him.

Repaired and successfully playtested in current Beta (the one up a day ago); more edits going up tonight.

!GlobalTimerNotExpired("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL") // Timer (game-time) has never been set or has expired

This timer. I don't know why it isn't working either, but it clearly is not.

This is driving me nuts!

On my install, this works fine - but temporarily, I'm commenting them out until we can fuigure out why it is working on my machine but not on other folk's.

Temple scenery dialog now has rollvbacks so they don't hang open if they don't fire. GlobalTimer and RealGlobalTimer moved from !RGTNE to RGTE with a timer set up in the initial setup; all the scenery spacer timers moved out of the .bcs and put in DO actions in dialog. Going back for one more "what can I fix in 10 minutes" pass and then committing the changes; more work time available tomorrow, so I will try for flagging all the actions with relevant c-aranintimate settings.

Archived