"Roll Your Own Beta Pre-Beta Post-Alpha Pioneers"

cmorgan

-Aran's interjections are firing fine, but the Oghma temple comment didn't fire. It appeared like Aran started to say something in the temple, but then stood upright again. Checked my saved game and the c-aranoghma variable in his locals is set to 0. I must be missing something here, because it looks to me like the last two blocks would cut the variable on, then back off again. What prevents this from continuously looping until it happens to read true?:

/* Scenery Dialog : Temple Comments, Only If Not A Cleric (even minimal training would keep him from starting a holy fight) Firing */

IF

!Class(Myself,CLERIC_ALL)

GlobalTimerExpired("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL") // Timer (game-time) has expired

Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) // a PID - set "silencer" for folks who hate unsolicited comments

Global("c-aranoghma","LOCALS",1)

InParty(Myself)

!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

StartDialogNoSet(Player1)

END

/* Scenery Dialog : Temple Comments, Only If Not A Cleric (even minimal training would keep him from starting a holy fight) */

IF

Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)

Global("c-aranoghma","LOCALS",0)

AreaCheck("AR0319") // Temple of Oghma

InParty(Myself)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("c-aranoghma","LOCALS",1)

END

IF

Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)

Global("c-aranoghma","LOCALS",1)

!AreaCheck("AR0319") // Temple of Oghma

InParty(Myself)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("c-aranoghma","LOCALS",0)

END

EDIT: The music in game, so far, is pretty consistent with other mods.

No interjection for the Trademeet fortuneteller? It's kind of expected.

This is the appropriate code from Gavin...

EXTEND_BOTTOM TRGYP02 2
IF ~!InPartySlot(LastTalkedToBy,0)
Name("B!Gavin2",LastTalkedToBy)~ THEN GOTO BGavFortune
END

CHAIN TRGYP02 BGavFortune 
~You have a stout heart, priest of the Morning God, but you were not made for great deeds. You were meant to live your life in contented obscurity and leave this world as quietly as you entered it.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~It's a little late for that now, so I guess we'll just have to make the best of it.~ 
EXIT

-Aran's interjections are firing fine, but the Oghma temple comment didn't fire. It appeared like Aran started to say something in the temple, but then stood upright again. Checked my saved game and the c-aranoghma variable in his locals is set to 0. I must be missing something here, because it looks to me like the last two blocks would cut the variable on, then back off again. What prevents this from continuously looping until it happens to read true?:

Something else must be going on - I'm investigating.

If you take a look at the two blocks, the critical line is

AreaCheck("AR0319") //	Temple of Oghma

in the "set the var" block (#2)

and

!AreaCheck("AR0319") //	Temple of Oghma

in the "roll it back if it has not played"

The ! negates the check, so basically if Aran is in any area other than AR0319 and the var is set to 1 (the dialog closes this to 3) it resets to 0 and lets the engine try the whole sequence again when he goes back into AR0319.

I'm rechecking to make sure everything else is going according to plan; for the block to fire and then reset immediately, something odd is going on.

EDIT: The music in game, so far, is pretty consistent with other mods.
Cool! I still need to go back in and edit some of the popping/clicking on the VO.
The dialogue from Gavin you are taking is the ring placement dialogue. It fires from ar0602.bcs as soon as Player1 has the ring in her inventory. It has absolutely nothing to do with Gavin's first night talk. It also uses b!gavd.bcs rather than player1d.bcs.

Serves me right for not investigating closely - I looked at files but niot their context (the .tp2 would have told me that - sorry...)

Gavin's first night dialogue is the one where all the romance variables are set. It uses the cutscene rest simulation rather than an actual RestParty().

That makes it easy to screen - I'll swap the line to Global("B!GavTalk","GLOBAL",1)

and then do the backup of the nighttalk so anything in any mod that hangs up the talk gets a reset to "aimed but not fired" status.

This is how that is going to play out...

1) PC tells Aran "Hey, how 'bout it."

2) Aran's player1d.bcs partially fires, advancing the variable.

3) Gavin's night talk blocks it

4) player1d.bcs isn't running anymore because they aren't resting. It won't run again until the next night.

5) the code quoted above won't run until the next night, but the Continue() will ensure that it never does execute. Dream scripts make one pass. If it doesn't happen on that pass, it isn't going to happen at all.

6) Moral of the story: move the block that resets the conditions for that night talk to c-aran.bcs NOT player1d.bcs. Lose the Continue().

I need to remember that dreamscripts do not cycle like regular scripts - they play once and only once, and the first block that evaluates true stops it. I was thinking that the Continue() would mean that the next call to the script would evaluate and set the global and then pass on to check for other viable blocks further downstream, so the talk would not fire (it would reset) but someone else's could.

Great idea on the "move it to regular script"; that would also allow the talk to reset for the next rest, rather than skipping one!

I'm cleaning this up and then immediately committing it to GitHub, as I may or may not have modding time today.

For further research, other mods out there (probably not a comprehensive list; need to update my mod archive) that extend plater1d.bcs:

Search "player1d"

D:\iecheckfiles\angelo-v4\Angelo\Setup-Angelo.tp2

Line 575: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~Player1d.bcs~ ~Angelo/Scripts/Player1d.baf~

D:\iecheckfiles\atweaks_v342\aTweaks\Setup-aTweaks.tp2

Line 729: COPY_EXISTING ~PLAYER1D.BCS~ ~override~ // Player 1 dream script

D:\iecheckfiles\BGT111-Install\Setup-BGT.tp2

Line 2693: COPY_EXISTING ~PLAYER1D.BCS~ ~override~

Line 2694: EXTEND_TOP ~PLAYER1D.BCS~ ~BGT/Modify/BAF/aPLAYER1D.BAF~

D:\iecheckfiles\Crappackv2\setup-MTS_Crappackv2.tp2

Line 34: COPY_EXISTING ~player1d.bcs~ ~override~

D:\iecheckfiles\ervonyrah_v1.3.1\Sovereign\Setup-sovereign.tp2

Line 902: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~player1d.bcs~ ~sovereign/extend/player1d.baf~

D:\iecheckfiles\Imoen-v1202Full\Imoen-v1202Full\Imoen.tp2

Line 350: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~Player1d.bcs~ ~ImoenRom\ImDreams.bcs~

D:\iecheckfiles\impasylum\setup-impasylum.tp2

Line 186: EXTEND_TOP ~player1d.bcs~ ~impasylum/appends/resting.baf~

D:\iecheckfiles\Korgan\setup-Korgan.TP2

Line 43: EXTEND_TOP ~player1d.bcs~ ~Korgan/baf/player1d.baf~

D:\iecheckfiles\MTS\Setup-MTS_Crappack.tp2

Line 43: COPY_EXISTING ~player1d.bcs~ ~override~

D:\iecheckfiles\questpack\setup-d0questpack.tp2

Line 2551: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~player1d.bcs~ ~questpack/coronet/scripts/player1d.baf~

D:\iecheckfiles\RE\Setup-RE.tp2

Line 74: EXTEND_TOP ~Player1d.bcs~ ~RE/Aimi/Script/RE_AimiPlayer1d.baf~

Line 564: EXTEND_TOP ~player1d.bcs~ ~RE/Renal/Script/C-RenalPlayer1d.baf~

Line 620: EXTEND_TOP ~player1d.bcs~ ~RE/Sendai/Player1d.baf~

Line 633: EXTEND_TOP ~Player1d.bcs~ ~RE/Sheri/Player1d.baf~

Line 895: EXTEND_TOP ~player1d.bcs~ ~RE/Cernick/RE_CernickPlayer1d.baf~

D:\iecheckfiles\Tashia_Remix_v1.2\Tashia\Setup-Tashia.tp2

Line 285: EXTEND_TOP ~player1d.bcs~ ~tashia/Scripts/tashia1d.bcs~

D:\iecheckfiles\Xan_v9\Xan\Setup-Xan.tp2

Line 442: EXTEND_TOP ~Player1d.bcs~ ~Xan/Scripts/Player1d.baf~

COOL! I am so, so happy -

I am holding off on the GitHub upload, as I have a few hours today to get some stuf repaired. The next GitHub version up will definitely require a full reinstall of Aran, as I am re-ordering the SoA scenery comments and messing about in the files to make things work for easy weighting troubleshooting, and taking a stab at integrating the (completely untested) secondary bath talks.

The male PC friendship was fun and simple. This accounting for romance stuff is definitely fun, but 10x more difficult.

Guest lurker83

Hello!

Sorry for bothering you (I'm a lurker, not a tester, and just couldn't wait for the official release). But it seems that I have something to report. Aran asked me how I felt without my soul in chaper 3, when we were doing the last of Linvail's quests (AR0801).

I started the game with TOB, official TOB patch, Xan v9, Aran version 78c9cb7 installedv (25th november download, I think). Picked up Aran, Xan, released all slaves in Slums. Upgraded to Aran 1d012bb yesterday, did Nalia's quest,

reported Moira Delryn's murder to Bylanna, did some Graveyard and Bridge district quests, spoke to Bodhi, Bayle and Linvail(completed two of his quests).

Right before Aran asks his question, the variables are

C-ARANROM = 2

C-ARANROMTIMER = 747880

C-ARANFRIENDBG2 = 23

C-ARANFRIENDTIMER = 795672

Thank you very much!

Currently using the c6a297a files.

-Oghma banter didn't fire, same as in other games.

-The intimate and kisses variables still don't seem to be matching up with level of intimacy. Sex variable is set at 4. (Shared everything). Intimate and kisses are both still at one. Been there since they set.

-This install I chose the cleric configuration. Once dual classing Aran to a cleric, the option to flirt with him has disappeared. Why?

-Banters, interjections, and flirts all appearing in game fine now.

The option to flirt with him via PID was disappearing in my recent games after having any sort of intimacy with him - the move away flirts were the only ones I could see. I haven't had time to investigate it, which is why I didn't mention it before now, but I wanted to confirm that I've also had something similar to what piper's describing. The Aran I was using was the soldier (not the default) with all the nicest gear.

Went back to my previous save before dual classing Aran. After the inn flirt and some intimacy, forcetalked him repeatedly to see if/when the flirt option would disappear. When selecting to check relationship status and telling Aran "I know the touch of you, the feel of you...", (may not be exact, but something like that). After this ends, the option to flirt with him is no longer available. So, dual classing Aran had nothing to do with it. The flirt option seems to be disappearing after Aran registers a level of intimacy above 1. At least, that's what happened in my game. This has not happened when installing the default configuration of Aran. The flirt option is there at all times.

@B - Have any idea how and/or what made the option come back in your game?

Archived