"Roll Your Own Beta Pre-Beta Post-Alpha Pioneers"

cmorgan

a3783; a3785; a3786; a3787; a3788; a3789

[PC] I think you stop talking so much, and start kissing!

Sounds like a word is missing.

a3785; a3786; a3787; a3788; a3789

This PC response is duplicated, (with the same GOTO blocks), in the above blocks.

[PC] I think I would like to fulfill that fantasy.

I actually didn't do that one, and I should. I did a variant on the final "die you evil creature!" that takes forever to play out if the default good-guy BioWare crew is in play.

Yeah, it was pretty amusing. Loved Irenicus's line at the end.

Guest lurker83

Flirts disappear for good after I tell Aran that I am romantically interested in him.

That, and his responses to my flirting were always the same (he smiles and moves away and adjusts his belt/rubs one hand behind his neck). They were the same but did not disappear after Aran-initiated 'spooning' talk (I chose to hug him and ask how it feels), when our relationship status turned into 'involved and maybe someday he could coax me into a kiss or two'.

Guest lurker83

Oh, and PID pops up when we rest outside of Athkatla (be it 'involved' and 'into a kiss or two' or 'involved' and 'into more than that'). I'm sure he's trying to say something...

The encounter with Melcer and friends had me giggling. My hero!

My PC wanted to rip them apart. The final response from Aran: Hey! Nice girls don't rightly use that finger th' way you are! :)

cmorgan - What happened to the spar talk? It hasn't appeared in this game. I hope you didn't take that one out.

Nope, it is in there, but because of the way I tried to account for other dreamtalks in the last commit, it may not play right now. It is fixed in the latest local copy, but I have hesitated to put those changes up quite yet because I am still tinkering with the bathing talks and moving things around in the .d file, and I need to do an install and recheck before uploading. Because of these changes, folks exploring the current stuff will not be able to use a savegame; they will need to start a new one.

I expect to have a viable set of changes up by Friday, so I am poking at things whenever I have a free moment!

Flirts disappear for good after I tell Aran that I am romantically interested in him.

That, and his responses to my flirting were always the same (he smiles and moves away and adjusts his belt/rubs one hand behind his neck). They were the same but did not disappear after Aran-initiated 'spooning' talk (I chose to hug him and ask how it feels), when our relationship status turned into 'involved and maybe someday he could coax me into a kiss or two'.

Got it- the flirt counter is still low in your game but lovetalks have progressd, and the intimacy level has not been set - I'm rechecking all actions in the dialog and adding the missing variables, and moving the script check for flirting and intimacy levels close to the top of the script. I may need to research just how many blocks are feasibly processed by the game engine (I assume hundreds, based on SCS and SCS2, but it never hurts to check).

Most of all, I need to recheck to see if I have an accidentally "always true" block somewhere in that script.

Just wanted to let you know my father-in-law is having heart bypass surgery later today and it will be late Thurs or Fri at the earliest before I'll be active again. Sounds like I will be able to make it back around the time of the next release tho. TTYL

Hope your father-in-law recovers quickly!

@cmorgan: The PC can attack Countess Santele (SARCNT01 14), and if that happens, all the good guys go hostile and attack. Just so you know.

If you decide to go there, you need ICT2 or ICT+passback.

Just wanted to let you know my father-in-law is having heart bypass surgery later today and it will be late Thurs or Fri at the earliest before I'll be active again. Sounds like I will be able to make it back around the time of the next release tho. TTYL

Good luck, and best wishes to your father-in-law! I'll try for some serious updating and retesting of some pathways as quickly as I can find the time.

Saradush talk repeats. Forgot to close the globals.

/* ToB Plot Talk 1: Saradush */
IF ~Global("c-aransaradsush","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN a2380
 SAY ~[ARAN] That were an ugly sight, for sure. Th' whole city sacked. Enough to give anyone a right nasty set o' dreams.~
 ++ ~[PC] I couldn't close my eyes at all. I kept seeing the city of Saradush... burning.~ + a2289
 ++ ~[PC] I slept well enough, though I do have sympathy for those hurt because of my kind.~ + a2291
 ++ ~[PC] What? Did I miss something? I slept like the dead.~ + a2292
 + ~Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)~ + ~[PC] I had you as a distraction. I slept well enough.~ + a2295
 ++ ~[PC] I have seen worse. Saradush is not the first time I have experienced full-scale slaughter of innocents.~ + a2296
 ++ ~[PC] I... I do not want to talk about it.~ + a2297
END

Edit: "Stars" will too. You probably knew that.

Bleh. I need to work faster. The interim betas close those out, but I have all that in the "testing" stuff.

Basically, ToB is a CLUAConsole fest if you play the betas earlier than this week. There is content, but a number of talks don't close their variables.

For me, that isn't a problem. I can CLUAConsole:SetGlobal() with the best of 'em. Or would you rather I just dumped Aran and picked up Sarevok in the Pocket Plane?

'Course, it might have been nice if you didn't misspell "Saradush" in the variable name...

Archived