"Roll Your Own Beta Pre-Beta Post-Alpha Pioneers"

cmorgan

Still using the gc6a297a files and the Party is Aran, Kivan, Minsc, Gavin and Anomen. PC CG Elf Ranger. (Cleric PC didn't get the option to flirt with Aran)

Other than the things I emailed to you while G3 was down, I've come across a few more things in this game:

-The c-aransex variable isn't setting. Going thru the PID and checking relationship status is the only way it sets.

-The variable c-aranpcbedding will set to 0 but doesn't change/advance.

-The inn flirt: How many times or how often should it be appearing. It appeared while the party was in The Broken Sword, but has not appeared since. Last game with previous files, it only appeared twice.

-a4313

[PC] Just don't bother with Alice. I have heard all the gilrs love Alice.

gilrs = girls

-The c-arankisses variable seems to be setting/advancing now. But in the night visit talks, for some reason the game still pulls the below response for Aran instead of changing as the kisses variable changes. It's like the game is ignoring what the local variable is set at and pulls this line for Aran each time.

a3576

[ARAN] What do you be wantin', now, m'lady o' th' warm lips?~

Amazing. I can't figure out how that can happen. Ending a dialog should not be able to cause a CTD. At the worst, it could have no valid replies or links (NVROL), and throw an error message up within the dialog box, then exit the dialog. I can't figure out how/why it would do that in your game, piperb.

I do have the testing materials dealing with the c-aranintimate globals almost ready (they wouldn't set because they are not universally applied - this next version should be a lot closer to applying them correctly).

The CTD after the necklace flirt happened after I put the pearl necklace, (from Aran), on my PC. Returned to the game from the inventory screen and the game crashed. My guess, it has something to do with the necklace itself. Or if Aran was supposed to have another talk after the PC equips the necklace, that may have something to do with it. Otherwise, no clue. The crash from the drunk talk was just like it was happening in earlier test games. Instead of the talk firing, the game CTD.

Nope, no talk afterwards, except perhaps on a future flirt. I'm investigating...

OK, anyone see where this:

IF ~~ a1462 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, that be alright for some women, but I am not so sure when it comes to you. I think it sets off your eyes right nice, but I think it be a mite clunky. Here. This pearl necklace might be better.~ IF ~~ THEN DO ~GiveItemCreate("AMUL11",Player1,0,0,0) SetGlobal("c-aljewel2","LOCALS",1) IncrementGlobal("c-aranflirt","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("c-aranlightflirt","GLOBAL",0) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranflirttimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FLIRT)~ EXIT END

could CTD? We could check that amul11.itm is not corrupted, but it is a vanilla game resource.

GiveItemCreate("AMUL11",Player1,0,0,0) seems pretty standard. Hmmm.

The crashing did something to my saved games, after the last crash the previous saves with Aran in the party refused to load. It's possible the first crash corrupted game files. I had to do another clean install so I will try it on this game and see if it happens again.

Oh, and what about an Aran comment for Salvanas?

@B - Already have a clean install and a new game going. The last install got messed up with the crashing.

Just got the necklace flirt and this time Aran told my PC the necklace is the only thing she should wear. He is adorable. You've created an excellent NPC cmorgan, (in case I haven't told you that yet.) Since the same response didn't come up again, let's just chalk it up to a corrupted install unless it happens again.

Also, got him drunk in the C.C., (first time), and the drunk talk didn't try to fire this time. Last install it did try to and that's when it crashed. Forcetalked Aran and the talk appeared fine.

I'll have time to reload the previous save later and try the drunk talk again to see if it tries to fire.

Cool - glad you are liking him :) - I just need to get some more time to incorporate the feedback! Got an hour or so now, so I'm pushing for getting some resolution on your PM and merging fixes from the testing branch into the master.

"Hey, I been thinking" talk mentions that the PC has no soul. Either Aran is being uncharacteristically judgmental or this talk is supposed to fire post-Spellhold. Since it's happening in Waukeen's Promenade in Chapter 2, my poor Seline of Candlekeep is a little confused.

Hello!

Sorry for bothering you (I'm a lurker, not a tester, and just couldn't wait for the official release). But it seems that I have something to report. Aran asked me how I felt without my soul in chaper 3, when we were doing the last of Linvail's quests (AR0801).

Repaired by delaying FT 12 until after soul-stealing accomplished:

/* Conditioned Friendtalks (interrupts the series if PC lingers in Chapter 2 */
IF 
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5) // Not in Underdark - specialized talks for that
RealGlobalTimerExpired("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL")	// Timer Expired (also used by UD Friend talks, so should space out evenly)
Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",22) // set up SoA_FT_12
GlobalGT("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",40)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",23)	// move up from even to odd
END

and fired using the regular block. So those last few current FT's (12, 13, 14) will not show up until after Underdark, or might show up just before it, depending on timers/game progress.

Another lurker testing Aran here (the latest version) - amazing mod; his interjections really liven things up (and his comments when the party fights certain monsters or enters certain locations are unexpectedly awesome!)

I've been running him on a mega install (with Shadows over Soubar and Check the Bodies) and have had no incompatibility problems so far. I have noticed a few bugs/typos, though:

Typo: 1st friendtalk - "Most times, I keep to myself. And you are not so bad yourself, CHARNAME. Kinda easy on the eyes."

Option 4 should be "You're not so bad yourself" from (no)

When resting outside, PID comes up instead of spar talk (which I presume is what was supposed to come up?) I later got the "want-to-spar-later" talk immediately after speaking with Sethle in the Graveyard District.

Around talk where "Aran glances at his hands, then at you"; PID comes up immediately after or before. I'm assuming this occurs instead of a flirt or other dialogue.

Typo: For Inn Talk 2 (go over to Aran), it should be "It is too warm and stuffy", not "an" in the first walk option.

In my install, flirts don't disappear, but they are stuck on the same set of initial options (I know this has been mentioned before; is there a global we can set via CLUAConsole to make more appear, or is it more complicated?)

I've gotten banters with all party members, but Anomen's LT sequence has progressed to LT 19 (still hasn't taken his test; the talk about the PC's heritage) and I haven't seen any romance conflict between him and Aran. Is there one scripted, or is this a bug?

Also, one thing I've noticed is that Aran's talks seem to trigger only upon ending dialogue with some other NPC (example: I finished the De'Arnise Keep quest, talked to the Major Domo, and immediately afterward got 3 (!) Aran dialogues one after the other). Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks so much for your hard work! :)

Thanks for the reports and feedback!

I'm out of time for tonight, but will get back to you quickly.

I have just comitted and merged a bunch of fixes, but please note - this set of changes is *not* savegame compatible. You will need to uninstall Aran, reinstall him, and then start a new game - so if you are already playing, don't upgrade further than Tag #1, "beta1_piperb" or you will get mismatched string references in your savegame, garbling the text...

As far as things backing up, no, they are definitely not supposed to - I think the combination of the way I have been using timers and a large script is hanging things up on multi-mod games. Still investigating!

Did a clean install and using the ga90b7ba files - started a new game. Came across one thing so far. After you get past the initial PID flirts, (at the point where the flirts change and Aran stops moving away, etc.), an additional flirt option becomes available. So there are two "You decide to flirt with Aran." lines listed in the PID. (2 are better than 0 any day tho) Since you stated in the dlg file that only one should be active at any given time, thought you might want to know.

I went back to the first save with Aran in the party and ran thru it again to get the variables for you. Party at that time was Aran, Kivan and Minsc. PC CG Elf FM:

Save shortly before the two "You decide to flirt with Aran." lines appeared:

c-aranmatch=1; c-aranflirt=1; c-aranrom=1; c-aranearlyflirt=9; light and heavy flirt=0; c-aranar01PID=1; c-innflirts=1; c-aranintimate=4; c-aranbathf1=1; (c-aranfight, c-aransex, c-aranpcflirtstart, and c-arankisses not set yet-so all them are @0)

Saved right after the two "You decide to flirt with Aran." lines appeared:

The above variables plus these changes/additions: c-aranpcflirtstart=1; c-aranflirt=2; c-aranearlyflirt=13; c-arankisses=1 (c-aranfight and c-aransex not set-so they are @0)

-The bathflirt is Very Good BTW.

Archived