"Roll Your Own Beta Pre-Beta Post-Alpha Pioneers"

cmorgan

Heya - I'm sorting through and reordering fixes, etc. - building everything out not addressed in these posts. Divided time right now, but I have not forgotten; I am going to start a new thread for better management tomorrow. All the work is appreciated!

No luck yet - but it might be conflicting scripts, which can be worked around by me adding a blocking/delaying variable to Aran. I'll let you know as soon as I can get back into the testing install (still catching up).

I expect mid-April, if I can get some of the worklog cleared. I haven't stopped working on him, just slowed to a crawl; ME3 multiplayer is oddly addicting. I'm focusing on the tough issue for the female romanceable portion, where I need those transitions from flirt-to-action-too-fast. I am having lots of trouble coming up with transitions that make sense.

Structurally, it is pretty simple. I can build something that looks kind of like this:

[aran] I be right sure there be someplace more private...

IF AreaCheck = 1 then goto transition1

transition1 [aran] (The rough stone of the alcove is cool to the touch, hiding you both.)

But there are challenges, including avoiding repetition.

I've been reading through the dialogue (don't have a playthrough that I can insert him into at his point) and it's pretty excellent so far. The bit with the documents in his knapsack was one of my favorite little touches so far (I was laughing pretty hard at a few points). His speech drives me absolutely nuts (thank you for that option, by the way), but he's a well written, interesting guy so far. If you need someone else to grammar/spellcheck I'm more than willing. I'll be one of the first in line when an official beta is released :).

Hello everybody^^

I am playing the beta with Aran and in TOB, when he tried to flirt the PID option came instead. Every 2 seconds or so.

I have asked him to stop flirting and everything is going well.

Except...

I am past saradush, having complete gromnir and all the little task in the city and he hasn't started a dialogue.

Is it normal? :S

The ToB portion of Aran's romance is currently unplayable without extensive console use. It's on cmorgan's To Do List, but his real life job makes many demands of him during the month of June.

OK, confirmed and "fixed" on GitHub, but not tested... most of the ToB is a work in progress rather than usable content. Wraith was not being created/assigned scripts and dialog on the .cre in ToB. Interesting that it created a .cre... perhaps Bif the Understudy?

Second point, confirmed and "fixed" on GitHub, but not tested... none of the NPC-initiated flirt materials had made it over to the ToB.

I am wishing that I had done what Amber (Darioas and Miera) did, and created "shell" scripting, because of the shared SoA/ToB content. I need to remember to put everything into one big huge file and traify it, then use that one file for everything in the mod, so that the files are not bloated with multiple lines. This will be pretty important in this mod, as there are plenty of examples of

+ ~RanomNum(5,1)~ + ~[PC] Heya~ + a1

+ ~RanomNum(5,2)~ + ~[PC] Heya~ + a2

+ ~RanomNum(5,3)~ + ~[PC] Heya~ + a3

+ ~RanomNum(5,4)~ + ~[PC] Heya~ + a4

+ ~RanomNum(5,5)~ + ~[PC] Heya~ + a5

used in both SoA and ToB content. No biggie when it is just SoA, as it will resolve to one strref;

+ ~RanomNum(5,1)~ + @1 + a1

+ ~RanomNum(5,2)~ + @1 + a2

+ ~RanomNum(5,3)~ + @1 + a3

+ ~RanomNum(5,4)~ + @1 + a4

+ ~RanomNum(5,5)~ + @1 + a5

but it means a duplicate line in the ToB content.

Sometime soon I will have to move up to Beta 2 and start a new thread, as I am getting confused in my worklogs!

Still working on sorting out things for the new beat thread, but in the meantime, ToB FT1 rechecked, ToB FT2 written and integrated, and ToB FT3 is definitely a work in progress. If you use the GitHub stuff, don't enable his FriendTalk script - all three roughed-in friendtalks are at the bottom of the file below the PID materials, so you will get a stutter. I will enable them as I test them!

new content SoA

/* SoA Interjections : Wellyn's Teddy Bear in the Graveyard */

/* SoA Interjections: HaerD'alis search: started */

/* SoA Interjections: HaerD'alis search: reaction */

/* SoA Interjections: Aran Linvale Reactions: state 4 */

/* SoA Interjections: Aran Linvale Reactions: state 20 */

/* SoA Interjections: Aran Linvale Reactions: state 49 */

/* SoA Interjections: Aran Linvale Reactions: state 51 */

/* Arriving in Brynnlaw */

/* S. Havarian, Traitor */

/* Keeping Up (Drow) Appearances */

/* Ployhar and Yoshimo and Aran */