"Roll Your Own Beta Pre-Beta Post-Alpha Pioneers"

cmorgan

WooHoo! I got the banter. I had to comment out both !Timer(etc) lines to do it, though. This is the script that got through.

well, if that is the case, perhaps I should be a meanie and simply extend the relevant timers, thus letting Aran's take priority over RE stuff...

!RealGlobalTimerExpired("RE_DreamTimer","GLOBAL")

was set up to stop his spar talk from firing if a RE talk was about to fire (the timer has been set and it has expired).

!RealGlobalTimerNotExpired("c-arandreamtalk","GLOBAL") is set up to make sure he doesn't have two dreamtalsk fire at once, but I could probably do the same thing by filtering via globals.

Just so you know, I'm coding up the completed crossmod banters for folks who want to play with both Aran and Gavin in the party. It can be integrated into the Crossmod Banter Pack later, but why wait?

I'm probably going to post some proposed banters (Aran/Gavin drunk banters, crossmod with Haldamir, and/or Keldorn Romance jealousy banters) in Gavin's workroom. I won't integrate them in the crossmod mini-mod until you approve them, though. :)

Cool! Are you thinking of aran_aware, or just doing what they did in Tutu with Indira/Finch et. al and setting it up so if Gavin is installed aran_aware skips silently? Or perhaps we just jump right to Crossmod, since aran_aware handles more stuff, including "controversial" stuff like me writing banters with Tashia and Tsujatha and such?

WooHoo! I got the banter. I had to comment out both !Timer(etc) lines to do it, though. This is the script that got through.

well, if that is the case, perhaps I should be a meanie and simply extend the relevant timers, thus letting Aran's take priority over RE stuff...

!RealGlobalTimerExpired("RE_DreamTimer","GLOBAL")

was set up to stop his spar talk from firing if a RE talk was about to fire (the timer has been set and it has expired).

!RealGlobalTimerNotExpired("c-arandreamtalk","GLOBAL") is set up to make sure he doesn't have two dreamtalsk fire at once, but I could probably do the same thing by filtering via globals.

Me stoopid half-orc. No follow tricksy code.

I've been completely ignoring any and all RE encounters this playthrough. There were never an RE timers set because my PC has enough beefcake in her party to tide her over FOREVER without soliciting attention from passers-by.

I'd go with filtering via globals instead. Because for whatever reason, voided timers=non-functional dreamscript. This seems to be peculiar to my installation, but I've found that what happens to one tester will happen to others, at one point or another.

Regarding the crossmod stuff, I was just going to treat them like regular crossmod banter. Is Aran installed? Is Gavin installed? Good, then install this mod. Because eventually, this stuff will wind up in Crossmod Banter Pack and I like simple code. The simpler, the better. But that doesn't mean we can't do something along the lines of

Gavin: ~What's this about you and <CHARNAME> taking all these moonlit strolls together?~

Aran: ~She be fine company.~

Gavin: (Jaheira in party) ~No offense, Whitehand, but you say the same thing about Jaheira.~

Gavin: ~No offense, Whitehand, but you said the same thing about that lass in the Mithrest Inn.~

Aran: ~So, ye reckon I shouldn't like elverquisst because a man'll get just as drunk off cheap ale?~

Gavin: ~I didn't say that.~

Aran: (Keldorn romance) ~Don't know why ye're singlin' me out. Don't see ye wringin' yer hands o'er the looks Sir Keldorn be givin' her.~

Gavin: (Keldorn romance) ~They're just friends.~

Aran: (Keldorn romance) ~Ye just keep tellin' yerself that.~

etc

Excellent, B! :) Count me in with the players who will have Gavin and Aran.

cmorgan - About the panties talk in the files I've been testing, if you haven't already done so you might want to consider the possibility that some parties will have all male NPCs. The only female being the PC, (mine rarely has other females). I don't remember seeing many pathways in the file for this possibility.

If you're playing with both Aran and Gavin installed, the crossmod... er... mod is ready. These are just a few banters and one interjection. There will be more later, but it's still better than nothing.

To use this file, make sure that you have both mods installed before attempting to install the xmod thingy.

This is important:

If you need to reinstall Aran for ANY REASON, make absolutely certain that you uninstall this mod before you even think about unintalling/reinstalling Aran. I'm serious! You know those inexplicable script glitches? That's how they happen. So:

1) Install Gavin and Aran (preferably Aran last)

2) Install this mod.

3) Profit!

Download Aran-Gavin Crossmod for Windows

Cool!

I'm about to upload a major change in timer settings and installation along with everything I have been able to integrate today. I tried it out, and it works... we can't adjust for all of the possible timer-interfering stuff, but we can start the PC off with a straightforward sequencing. The player choice it removes is having different timer settings for flirts vs friend talks vs romance talks. It has extra feedback that gets printed to the DEBUG, explaining what the settings mean. And most critically, it moves the initiation of romance and NPC-initiated flirt timers to the block that sets up the romance talks, which won't fire until after the third friend talk.

It also re-timers the inn flirts; I am not sure the interval is right, though. If it is too long, someone let me know - I had to rest for more than the alloted day before I got the second inn flirt to fire.

Code on the new "set the timers in staggered formation based on player choice" stuff is here.

On the "finding the underwear",

+ ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] ARAN! Put that away before someone sees you! Where in the nine hells did you come up with those?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpanties","LOCALS",1) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranblush","GLOBAL",TEN_DAYS)~ + a1605
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] No, I think those are neither yours nor mine. Generally speaking, I do not wear women's underthings. Where did you find them?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpanties","LOCALS",1)  SetGlobalTimer("c-aranblush","GLOBAL",TEN_DAYS)~ + a1605
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] Do you want to explain why you have a woman's undergarment in your pack?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpanties","LOCALS",1)  SetGlobalTimer("c-aranblush","GLOBAL",TEN_DAYS)~ + a1606
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] I did not realize you liked women's clothes so much. We should put you in some of the 'armor' they make for them. On second thought, seeing you in a chainmail bikini is not something I would really like to experience.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpanties","LOCALS",1)  SetGlobalTimer("c-aranblush","GLOBAL",TEN_DAYS)~ + a1607

escapes the conversation for PC's who are male, but there are pathways that will get NVROL - i'll log it for additional writing!

Oh, no, I understood - I found more logic failures! we need replies that are more tailored to a PC + all male party, and we need to correct the all-male party, too, as several of the pathways make the assumption that at least one of the PlayerFill slots will be female... and even *I* have played an all-dude game :)

Piperb is saying "Aran says that the undies wound up in his pack because he was doing laundry for the group and Imoen's/Jaheira's/Mazzy's/Imoen's/Aerie's/Viconia's/Tashia's/Fade's/Xzar's underwear got mixed in with his load. If there are no other females in the party, Aran lacks plausible deniability.

heh. Sorry. I hit = when I when I was trying for + :0 I got it. If no female except PC is in the group, he is stuck out on a limb claimimh it was someone elses if PC denies ownership; needs something like "so just how close did that barmaid you were flirting with at that last inn get to you, boyo?" or something along those lines - or simply a red-faced stammered apology that bypasses the lack of plausible denyability.

Hmm, Bodhi's abduction cutscene went bad on me twice. It did her initial back and forth with PC and Aran, but the spot at the end when Aran should be taken just went to an eternal cutscene screen with Bodhi and party standing there twiddling thumbs. I ended up just terminating the romance temporarily to continue because I needed to finish HD's romance with that character. Had to do a lot of uninstall/reinstall mod stuff lately, so it's entirely possible that it's not something on your end, but I figure it's best to mention it just in case.

Repaired and playtested - thank you! -cmorgan

Archived