Window Mode for BG2 ToB

Guest Guestrequireshelp

Guest Guestrequireshelp

I successfully installed the mod to play the game in 1920 x 1200, however unlike in description it never asked me whether or not I wanted window/full screen mode. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me why that is, because frankly it is quite annoying having to play in fullscreen mode.

Thanks in advance,

as i understand it, you have to set up the window vs full screen option first in the game config or editing the ini file then run the widescreen mod and it will use the existing setup. but you cannot change it afterwards as the widescreen mod isn't capable of making any changes without being uninstalled and reinstalled.

Guest Guestrequireshelp

No, it apparently does not work like this. I had the window-mode activated before when playing it with 800x600, then ran the mod over it and it still would be fullscreen afterwards. I read some instructory (baldurs-gate.eu i think) where it said with non-standard-resolutions, the window thing ain't working.

quoting:

"

Do you want fullscreen? (doesn't work for non-standard resolutions)

1 = yes

2 = no "

I didnt even get this question so I assume it was skipped due to my resolution being considered non-standard. Any way to fix this or I simply have to play it smaller? :<

that question isn't even in the current version of WSM, if it was in an older version I don't know. Sorry I'm not much help. I've only installed WSM on one game so far and that's PST and I had my own issues with it too. the bigg told me that I had to uninstall change my settings to windowed and run the mod again but when I did that the mod didn't want to work. Only ran properly when the game was set to full screen mode. I gave up trying to figure it out LOL

No, it apparently does not work like this. I had the window-mode activated before when playing it with 800x600, then ran the mod over it and it still would be fullscreen afterwards. I read some instructory (baldurs-gate.eu i think) where it said with non-standard-resolutions, the window thing ain't working.

As far as I know, this is quite the opposite. If you choose a non-standard resolution, i.e. one that your graphic card driver doesn't know, DirectX will refuse to work in full screen, so you will be forced to use the windowed mode.

quoting:

"

Do you want fullscreen? (doesn't work for non-standard resolutions)

1 = yes

2 = no "

I didnt even get this question so I assume it was skipped due to my resolution being considered non-standard. Any way to fix this or I simply have to play it smaller? :<

I'm following the mod since before version 1 and I don't think this question was ever asked.

I'm quite sure that Widescreen doesn't have a clue whether your resolution is "standard". It would have to ask DirectX or Windows about that and I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

My monitor is using 1920x1200 too. I set this resolution in my Widescreen configuration. If I change manually the setting in Baldur.ini, "Full Screen=0", in order to go into window mode, I also see no change, the game runs full screen. But hey, I asked for the full screen resolution, so how would I know whether there is a window border drawn around it? :)

With Baldur's Gate, I'm using a resolution of 1280x800, in order to benefit from the TWM_GUI mod enhancements. I can switch between window and full screen mode without problem.

Unless your monitor is bigger than 1920x1200, I believe you can't see the difference between window or full screen mode with your settings.

Archived