Planescape Torment Full Install (4 cd) v1.1.0000 widescreen mod error

Sketch Slayer

Ok this time I'm sure my install is full but it still gets the error message saying:

Copied [empty] to [widescreen/areas]

Copying and patching 123 files ...

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD5\/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD5\/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment/AR0100.cbf]

ERROR: BIFF [./AR0100.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./AR0100.BIF")

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [AR0100.WED] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

You need to perform a full install of your game and make sure that the .ini points to the correct paths.

Posts reporting this problem WILL BE IGNORED unless you can prove you're under exceptional circumstances.

ERROR Installing [for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 53 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Restoring backed-up [widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe]

widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe copied to torment.exe, 5713981 bytes

Uninstalled 53 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Unable to Unlink [widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0")

Unable to Unlink [widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")

ERROR: Failure("resource [AR0100.WED] not found for 'COPY'")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://bit.ly/hf2XsG

Using Language [English]

From what I've read on many pages this is the error people without a full install get but my version runs without cd switching and the torment.ini says:

[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Black Isle\Torment

CD1:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1

CD2:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2

CD3:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3

CD4:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4

CD5:=E:\CD5\

[Config]

CacheSize=120

[Movies]

BISLOGO=1

TSRLOGO=1

OPENING=1

[Game Options]

Footsteps=1

Mouse Scroll Speed=50

GUI Feedback Level=5

Locator Feedback Level=3

Command Sounds Frequency=3

Selection Sounds Frequency=3

Bored Timeout=3000

Always Dither=0

Keyboard Scroll Speed=50

Effect Text Level=62

Attack Sounds=1

Auto Pause State=0

Difficulty Level=3

Quick Item Mapping=1

Always Run=0

Memory Access=100

Memory Level=1

Health Bar Settings=63

Subtitles=0

Environmental Audio=1

Sound Processing=1

Music Processing=1

[Program Options]

Tooltips=0

Sprite Mirror=1

Gamma Correction=0

Brightness Correction=0

Volume Movie=100

Volume Music=100

Volume Voices=100

Volume Ambients=100

Volume SFX=100

Strref On=0

Screen Position X=0

Screen Position Y=0

Full Screen=1

Path Search Nodes=32000

Maximum Frame Rate=40

Translucent Shadows=1

SoftSrcKeyBltFast=0

SoftBltFast=0

SoftSrcKeyBlt=0

SoftBlt=0

SoftMirrorBlt=0

So could anyone tell em how I can get the mod to work?

out of curiosity did you happen to start a game and get past all the cutscenes and dialog to a point where you could save the game?

If not, you need to get the game back to a clean state (uninstall & reinstall if needed) then start a game. don't need to save just need to get to a point where you can. doing this fully sets the game into mod ready state. (Trust me if you don't start a game prior to installing mods it can cause issues, especially with mods that affect the exe files. I had to re-install BG2 and subsequently EasyTuTu because I did not start the game prior.)

and be sure to keep it on full screen mode. windowed mode and widescreen mod do not work well together.

Try it again after doing that and see what happens.

and if you haven't seen this yet, it is a good guide to getting PST up and running at its best. worked for me tho my issues with WSM & PST were in the windowed vs full screen

out of curiosity did you happen to start a game and get past all the cutscenes and dialog to a point where you could save the game?

If not, you need to get the game back to a clean state (uninstall & reinstall if needed) then start a game. don't need to save just need to get to a point where you can. doing this fully sets the game into mod ready state. (Trust me if you don't start a game prior to installing mods it can cause issues, especially with mods that affect the exe files. I had to re-install BG2 and subsequently EasyTuTu because I did not start the game prior.)

and be sure to keep it on full screen mode. windowed mode and widescreen mod do not work well together.

Try it again after doing that and see what happens.

and if you haven't seen this yet, it is a good guide to getting PST up and running at its best. worked for me tho my issues with WSM & PST were in the windowed vs full screen

yeah I can play and save and whatnot but the mod just keeps getting that error

and I don't play windowed anyway, games tend to work better fullscreen

linking your other thread here http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=23028 just so the history of your problem can be tracked :)

check your discs to make sure they aren't scratched or dirty. if you've been doing a full install and you keep getting the same error, there might be corrupted data due to the cd drive not being able to completely read some part. you wouldn't know of any problems in game necessarily until you tried to access that particular set of files...

linking your other thread here http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=23028 just so the history of your problem can be tracked :)

check your discs to make sure they aren't scratched or dirty. if you've been doing a full install and you keep getting the same error, there might be corrupted data due to the cd drive not being able to completely read some part. you wouldn't know of any problems in game necessarily until you tried to access that particular set of files...

I have made it very close to the end of the game(somewhere a bit after the angel guy in the sewers and the pillar of skulls and all that(I even rescued the weird little robot nordom or something)) with data from these cds (which haven't had a chance to be damaged since then) so I doubt there is cd damage

I'm guessing from the message it might be a problem with the chitin.key registry (which wouldn't open because it's not a registry script) not having some info it should have(if anyone has a copy of chitin.key (4cd version)from before installing the widescreen mod and some program that can open the chitin.key then I might be able to use them to figure out how to fix it)

along with being able to play the whole game it also worked with all the extra content available such as unfinished business and the tome of cheats so yeah seriously doubting it's any cd damage problem, they look fine

so I'm seriously clueless as to why the widescreen mod finds an error

ugh I AM SUCH AN IDIOT

turns out somehow when I copied cd2 it skipped ar0100.bif for no reason...

so sorry for wasting so much of your time guys

thanks for trying to help

next time you find someone with this problem get them to check they copied ar0100 from cd2... honestly I don't know how I missed it...

sorry again

Archived