Trouble with Mother Egenia & Sheemish

Guest Popov

Hi,

I've ran into a snag in Dragon's Eye: Mother Egenia and Sheemish won't realise I've killed all the monsters. After searching for an aswer I ran into this post:

"Okay, I tried something with AR4002.

In the AR4002.ARE file I changed the names of actors 37 thru 40 and 60 thru 64 as follows:

Talonite_Priest_# to TalonitePriest# (2 actors, these two for consistency only)

Talonite_Priestess_# to TalonitePriestess# (2 actors)

Wraith_Spider_Kid_# to WraithSpiderKid# (2 actors)

Lizard_Man_Shaman_Kid_# to LizardShamanKid# (LizardManShaman# was still too long) (3 actors)

In the AR4002.BCS file I likewise changed the above nine character references.

All globals set, Sheemish and Mother Egenia recognized they were free! One more bug resolved!"

Now, I'm not a coder wizard. Can someone explain how to implement those changes? Sorry for being stoopid.

@ Popov: I'm all too aware of the Egenia/Sheemish problems in AR4002. Just check my walkthrough thread. Some of the needed SPRITE_IS_DEAD globals are too long and get truncated, so fail to set the other key globals. I've found the problem and posted it. It can be fixed using the CLUAConsole commands.

For Mother Egenia, set this global:

SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTalonite","GLOBAL",10)

For Sheemish, set this global:

SetGlobal("Pathdead","GLOBAL",5)

If I've stated the above wrong, someone will come by shortly and set us both straight...

@ Dakk: Thanks, but it feels like I'm the only one keeping this forum alive lately, and my knowledge come by "plain simple stuborn orneriness." :)

Archived