No Sound

Guest Strikerty

Guest Strikerty

I have no sound when playing. I found the post about removing the no sound and that removed the duplicate error i was getting but I still have no sound . I also have quite a laundry list of errors when starting although the game seems to start and run with no problem except the no sound issue. Just wondering if anyone has any idea. Here are the errors.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GJNVFVJA\

that is the whole loading log .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Strikerty

Hmm Ok looked for instructions on here for how to do that, used the windows installer from openal , it put a openal32.dll in the system32 directory but thats all it seemed to install . Copied it from the system32 directory to the plugins directory and it found it and attempted to load it but gave me an error when loading. I know there is something on the installation instructions im missing on installing the openal but i cannot for the life of me find it.

form what you explained it sounds like you are trying to load the openal.dll as the openal plugin? If so thats not right. once you have openal installed on your system you can build the openal plugin. I dont know how to build gemrb on windows, but id like to think you just use cmake like everybody else. when you run cmake the first page of output you should see the line "-- Looking for OpenAL: found" then cmake will automatically build it for you just like everything else.

when you built originally you should have gotten a big colorful warning about missing openal. i guess you missed it.

Archived