Sorry about the downtime!

theacefes

Hey everyone.

As you probably noticed, G3 has had a series of outages that have been inconvenient to put it nicely. We had a series of spambots that came in as registered users and began putting a bunch of crap on the forums. Because of the rate at which they were posting and the fact that my Admin control panel for the board was broken somehow, I was unable to deter the spam fast enough before our host informed me that the excessive spam entries and the nature of the entries violated the terms of the hosting deal. So this site and other sites I host were suspended until I could manually clear the database of such entries.

Hopefully we got all the spam out of the database and the spambots banned for good (these recent ones anyway). In the meantime, I'll be working on repairing the board itself.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

I am glad to see hotKiz is not in the members list any longer. That leaves a few that still are...

If you have the time you could vet posts by new members. Failing that, you could delay posts until you can vet them if they have any external links, Boards of Magic has that system for new members.

Never posted before, but just started a new BWP game last week and was really sorry to see the site down. Blew my mind this morning when I started looking for weidu mirrors and the site was back up. Way to go - hope ya got everything worked out and glad you're back.

Archived