Aklon's Joining Dialogue

Gospel

Well, it’s Christmas (or it is where I am anyway) and I thought I’d give everyone a small present. So here is Aklon’s joining dialogue, re-written to reflect his placement in the Copper Coronet. This isn’t the whole thing (lacking dialogue for return visits) and the final form you see may be altered a bit, but enjoy anyway.

Merry Christmas. (And for those of you that don’t celebrate Christmas, I don’t know, have some cake or something) :)

[First Sight (Killed the Beast Master)]

Aklon: You there! Please wait! If those sounds I heard were any guide, you are not employed by Lehtinan. If that is indeed so, then release my chains and I shall assist you as far as I am able and for as long as you wish it.

PC: 1. Who are you? How did you get here? [to WhoHow]

2. I shall free you, but I require no aid from you. [to Farewell] or [NoKey]

3. I will gladly free you and accept your offer. [to Release] or [NoKey]

4. No, I think I’ll leave you right where you are. [to Leave]

5. What use are you to me? [to Use]

[First Sight (Got the Key from Lehtinan)]

Aklon: Strange. I thought the animal keeper was to handle me from now on. Has Lehtinan decided that it is time to use me again, or are you just curious?

PC: 1. I don’t work for Lehtinan. [continue]

2. Just curious. Goodbye. [End Dialogue]

[continue]

Aklon: You do not? Yet you walk unmolested in the secret places of his operation. Interesting. Regardless, I would ask that you set me free. If you do this, I will serve you to the best of my abilities, which are not inconsiderable.

PC: 1. Who are you? How did you get here? [to WhoHow]

2. I shall free you, but I require no aid from you. [to Farewell] or [NoKey]

3. I will gladly free you and accept your offer. [to Release] or [NoKey]

4. No, I think I’ll leave you right where you are. [to Leave]

5. Why should I risk Lehtinan’s ire for you? [to Ire]

[WhoHow]

Aklon: My name is Aklon. I am usually a travelling scholar and warrior, lately a slave and gladiator. Several months ago, I arrived here in Athkatla, travelling from Tethyr and parts beyond. I was staying at the Mithrest Inn and my food was apparently drugged, using a very powerful and subtle compound. Before I could obtain an antidote, I was set upon in the Mithrest’s corridors and rendered unconscious. I awoke here in the Copper Coronet, taken captive and used as an attraction for Lehtinian’s more bloodthirsty customers. My abilities have proved popular.

PC: 1. Very well, I shall free you, but I require no aid from you. [to Farewell] or [NoKey]

2. That’s good enough for me. I will free you. [to Release] or [NoKey]

3. Very interesting, but I think I’ll leave you right where you are. [to Leave]

4. What are these abilities? What use are you to me? [to Use]

[NoKey]

Aklon: In order to unlock my chains you will need the Beast Master’s keys. If he is not in the Coronet, then Lehtinan likely has it. If you could find Lehtinan’s overseer orb, that would also be helpful.

PC: 1. I will look for the key and return. [End Dialogue]

2. Overseer orb? [to Orb]

[Farewell]

Aklon: I thank you for my freedom. Should you wish to reconsider your decision about my offer, you may find me at the city’s docks, in one of the waterfront inns there. Farewell, my benefactor. [End Dialogue]

[Release]

Aklon: Many thanks, my benefactor. I will endeavour to be of use to you and repay your act. [End Dialogue] (Aklon joins party).

[Leave]

Aklon: Do as you will. [End Dialoge]

[use]

Aklon: A valid question, I suppose. I am a warrior of no small ability, though my body is my deadliest weapon. That is partially why I am kept under such security and bound with an enchanted slave’s collar. I am also possessed of a number of minor magical abilities, derived from my training and combat discipline. In my youth I was highly educated and had access to many books of lore. Perhaps most importantly, I have experience. I have spent many years travelling, east to Kara-Tur, south to Zakhara, the Land of Fate and all across the face of Faerun.

PC: 1. So, who are you? How did you get here? [to WhoHow]

2. That sounds a little exagerated. Still, I can’t leave you here. I’ll free you and you can go your own way. [to Farewell] or [NoKey]

3. Sounds impressive. You can join me. [to Release] or [NoKey]

4. Hah, see what good that experience does you, locked in a prison cell. [to Leave]

5. Slave collar? [to Collar]

[ire]

Aklon: I could easily dispatch Lehtinan, if I were free. Only these chains and this enchanted slave collar have kept him and his lackeys alive. Set me free and you can have my service. You can then take all of Lehtinan’s possessions, or not, just as you wish.

2. I don’t need you, but I’ll free you anyway. [to Farewell] or [NoKey]

3. I like the way you think. Let’s go. [to Release] or [NoKey]

4. I’ve got no desire to antagonise Letinan. Stay here and rot. [to Leave]

5. Slave Collar? [to Collar]

[Orb]

Aklon: Lehtinan has a magical orb, which he can use to control those wearing an enchanted collar, which is attuned to the orb. My will is strong enough to resist the subtle coercion of the collar, but the orb can also be used to inflict crippling pain. As long as Lehtinan has the orb, he can prevent me from acting. If you gain or destroy the orb, then Lehtinan has no power over me.

PC: 1. I’ll see about getting it when I get the key. [End Dialogue]

2. What is this collar? [to Collar]

[Collar]

Aklon: This enchanted slave collar is of a design used many years ago, probably in the ancient Shoon empire, or possibly before that. I have not seen it clearly, so I cannot be sure. The collar can control a slave through the use of an overseer’s or master’s orb. The orbs can place a glamour on a slave, making the target more receptive to the master’s wishes, or they can be used to cripple a slave with pain. Specific orbs control specific collars, though only a master’s orb can open a collar, once affixed.

2. I don’t really want your service, but I’ll free you anyway. [to Farewell] or [NoKey]

3. I’ll try to get the key and the orb to set you free. [to Release] or [NoKey]

4. Interesting. But I don’t think that I’ll set you free. [to Leave]

5. What use are you to me, that I should go to all this effort to free you? [to Use]

I haven't decided who to give the orb to yet, so discussion about it and the collar may alter a bit.

But Lehtinan does have the Beastmaster's keys if you get the other ones from him, yiss?

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever kill the Beastymaster anymore since it would also mean hurting aminals, so umm, you can still get him in your party without hurting the Beastmaster, yiss?

You have the Oversight mod, don't you, Gospel?  Just have a ranger use Charm Animal once the animals go hostile, and set them on the Beastmaster.

I'm surprised you don't always want to kill him, since he's training the animals to kill each other.

But Lehtinan does have the Beastmaster's keys if you get the other ones from him, yiss?

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever kill the Beastymaster anymore since it would also mean hurting aminals, so umm, you can still get him in your party without hurting the Beastmaster, yiss?

Yes, you can get Aklon without killing the Beastmaster (or his widdle pets :)). If you get the keys from Lehtinan (in order to kill Hendak or decieve Lehtinan), all you have to do is walk into Aklon's cell and unlock the chains. As far as the orb is concerned, I might leave it with Lehtinan, so you can buy it from him, or take it from his corpse. :D

The initial part were Aklon says he was drugged, looked for an antidote, then was attacked and rendered unconscious sounds too complicated, IMO. I think it would flow better if you kept it simple. Food drugged, rendering Aklon unconscious, woke up in this slave pen etc. Just a thought!

Also will Aklon attempting to kill Lehtinan alter Hendak's storyline, Hendak seemed to go hostile whenever I directly (physically) helped him fight Lehtinan.(don't know whether this was a bug)

Thanks for the preview! :)

Hendak seemed to go hostile whenever I directly (physically) helped him fight Lehtinan.(don't know whether this was a bug)

A bug. Perhaps the result of the fact that the game treats Hendak and Lehtinan as "similar" enough that if Lehtinan goes down and you don't immediately redirect anyone you had attacking him, that character will attack Hendak. I've killed Lehtinan plenty of times, and Hendak always thanked me--as long as I reined my party members in fast enough afterward that I didn't have to reload.

The initial part were Aklon says he was drugged, looked for an antidote, then was attacked and rendered unconscious sounds too complicated, IMO.  I think it would flow better if you kept it simple.  Food drugged, rendering Aklon unconscious, woke up in this slave pen etc.  Just a thought!

Suggestions are always welcome! :D Now that I read it again, that bit does seem a little excessive. I've got the feeling there'll be alot of that to purge during the editing run :D .

Also will Aklon attempting to kill Lehtinan alter Hendak's storyline, Hendak seemed to go hostile whenever I directly (physically) helped him fight Lehtinan.(don't know whether this was a bug)
I think Kish is right and this is a bug, since I've beaten the hell out of Lehtinan lots of times and Hendak hasn't gone nuts on me.

However, it won't be a problem either way, since Aklon won't actually leap into hand to hand with Lehtinan the second he claps eyes on him. Once free, Aklon is at your command (one way or the other) and won't randomly attack people he finds annoying ('cos Anomen could get into a lot of trouble with that). :)

That doesn't mean that Lehtinan is safe from retribution, however, especially if you find Aklon's Pharmacopoeia. :D

Nice. :)

I would change "A valid question, I suppose." to "A valid question."

By the way, are you planning any more previews? There are too few of them now. One, to be precise. :party: And I am still undecided on whether I am interested in it or not. (<- Blasphemy! How can a poster say she is not *sure*? She must adore it, crave it, love it and dream of it! :party: )

How about about buying Aklon with the collar and everything from Lehtinan that way you can decide if you want to keep him as your pet slave :) or free him and get his eternal gratitude, of course you would have to pay a large among of coins say 15000.

By the way, are you planning any more previews? There are too few of them now. I agree previews are alwyas welcome.
Nice. :)

I would change "A valid question, I suppose." to "A valid question."

Aklon talks to himself sometimes... he's been locked in that dungeon for a while. :party:

By the way, are you planning any more previews? There are too few of them now.  One, to be precise. :party: And I am still undecided on whether I am interested in it or not. (<- Blasphemy! How can a poster say she is not *sure*? She must adore it, crave it, love it and dream of it! :beer: )

I wasn't thinking of any more major previews, but I'm sure I can dig up something that's not too spoilerish somewhere (that's for you too Kari). And thanks for the compliment on what you've seen so far. :band:

How about about buying Aklon with the collar and everything from Lehtinan that way you can decide if you want to keep him as your pet slave  :beer: or free him and get his eternal gratitude, of course you would have to pay a large among of coins say 15000.                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                By the way, are you planning any more previews? There are too few of them now.                                                                                                                            I agree previews are alwyas welcome.

You'll be able to buy Aklon as your slave if that's what you want to do. But you don't have to ask him for his permission now, do you? :bday:

But Aklon will be expensive to buy as he's a bit of a draw card for Lehtinan and that collar sure wasn't cheap!

You can indeed wish... I'll have a flip through the dialogues and see if there's anything not too spoilerish I can post up. A lot of the early LT's are going to get a serious editing, so I can probably post one of those without too much spoiling. :)

Archived