Happy 8th Anniversary G3! Shiny Things Now Included!

theacefes

Hmm, well as long as the spam's gone it's cool I guess. I was expecting to see an actual gibberling incorporated into the logo though (a mutated one preferably).

Can't forward PMs? I only get options to edit/reply/report. Also when I switch tabs and come back my post history goes poof (using Opera on Linux).

Can't forward PMs? I only get options to edit/reply/report. Also when I switch tabs and come back my post history goes poof (using Opera on Linux).

hey at least you can reply with Opera... I have to switch to Firefox to reply. Opera on Windows 7 for me doesn't give any reply options. Can type new topic post, reply to mail messages & make new mail messages, even type in the chat room. but no reply box in fast or full modes is every displayed. it's annoying but I can work around it. I typically have both Firefox & Opera open anyway when I'm 'surfing'

Hmm, from a logical perspective, it would be better if the dates were on the front page for actual announcements anyway. Additionally no one is going to bother to read a news page that isn't up to date with the actual front page news, whether the link is easy to find or not. I do support the design choice of not including each date in every heading on the main page (it would take away from the impact of the actual announcement), but it would be nice to know at a glance from the front page the last time the site was updated. It looks like the new design is a CMS of some sort, would eat my proverbial hat if they didn't provide a way to date announcements automatically. Even just one small, grey coloured or italicized text line underneath the header but before the content featuring the post date would be really appreciated by casual browsers taking a quick stop by.

That is just a suggestion, by the way, not a demand. :-)

Hmm, from a logical perspective, it would be better if the dates were on the front page for actual announcements anyway. Additionally no one is going to bother to read a news page that isn't up to date with the actual front page news, whether the link is easy to find or not. I do support the design choice of not including each date in every heading on the main page (it would take away from the impact of the actual announcement), but it would be nice to know at a glance from the front page the last time the site was updated. It looks like the new design is a CMS of some sort, would eat my proverbial hat if they didn't provide a way to date announcements automatically. Even just one small, grey coloured or italicized text line underneath the header but before the content featuring the post date would be really appreciated by casual browsers taking a quick stop by.

That is just a suggestion, by the way, not a demand. :-)

Not a CMS - static html that just gets updated manually.

Decent suggestion - we'll consider it in the future.

is there some pattern on when you get the top menubar folded or expanded? It seems to toggle for me every few visits. :s

Also, the emoticon bar doesn't display any images for me. Using the image url, it becomes obvious there are some errors (old paths?).

No that's probably a jquery thing (my fault, I'll fix it).

I need to do a forum-wide recount of all the emoticons...they don't show up for several posts too. It just takes a while to do so I haven't done it yet. (we use a lot of emoticons)

Archived