ToB Beta-Testing Report Thread

berelinde

Hello,

Thank you for making this great mod. I got burned by way too many NPC mods, so it was a complete shocker (In a good way) when I installed Gavin and the game didn't suddenly turn into Gavin's Gate : Shadows of Gavin's Throne. The character fits in really well and the friendship path makes me actually care about the NPC. (Playing a male PC)

I played through SOA with the dude and no problems to report, but in TOB after Sarevok was told to buzz off, Gavin piped up asking how <charname> feels about having a piece of his soul removed. (The dialogue starts with "I realize this may not be the best to talk, but what you just did...."). That banter went well till the point he got to the closing comment about Illasera mentioning other Bhaalspawn and instead, I got the "No valid responses" or something to the effect. Gavin spent most of Illasera fight mazed, if it matters. Just a minor thing and the fault probably lies in my own install, but I figured I would report it anyway.

Thanks again for the great mod, cheers!

-A

No, the friendship path of ToB needs to have a few kinks worked out. That's one of them. I was hoping that this weekend would be the magic weekend where I got my updates done. As usual, work interfered.

I bring bad news this time. I hit a very crippling bug after killing the Chinchilla in marching mountains. Gavin constantly pipes up and the Player Initiated Dialogue window appears. I tried messing with variables in shadowkeeper but that doesn't help. I think the dialogue in his SOA dialogue file about Bhaal having strange tastes is supposed to trigger here, but doesn't for some reason.

I tried everything from telling him to be quiet using the menu, telling him he sounds strange, killing him and resurrecting him, kicking him out and what not. I bulled my way through the bug by keeping Gavin far away from the party to stop the constant dialogue and finished Yaga-Shura off. But I really hope I won't have to keep doing this through Amkethran and the rest of the cheesy boss fights TOB throws at the player with what's effectively a five man party and a cleric of Lathander suddenly struck by amnesia and a constant need to ask the PC if he wants something! :D

If there's no solution right now, I don't particularly mind continuing by keeping Gavin out of the party's range. His dialogue about the Lathander priestess in the Oasis to Amkethran area did trigger normally, so I am likely still going to see all the content in TOB friendship path and will post a progress report when I am done with TOB.

Thanks for the heads up. I think that bug was Chinchilla-specific and I think it was fixed locally. I really need to do that update.

If the bug comes back, I've got a troubleshooter mod that will help pinpoint it and allow me to give you a definitive fix.

The bug didn't actually go away. He is constantly starting the PID, so I worked around it by keeping him far away from PC to stop the dialogue triggering. I did this through the fire temple and he was way out on the other side of the bridge during Yaga Shura fight. I pushed through despite it because I was hoping the Amkethran Oasis dialogue will fix the stutter. (This is stutter, right?). It didn't. He was left on one corner of the map while my party worked their way through the army ambush. (Thankfully, his dialogue doesn't start in combat, it does stop his spells though, so no buffs :() When the area was clear, I brought him to the edge of the map while leaving the area and his dialogue recognising Priestess of Lathander triggered. Rangers and Hamsters everywhere rejoiced thinking the bug is now gone. But he is back to square one in Amkethran. I am still using the 'keep Gavin away from party' workaround.

Oh, another thing I noticed is his PID gives me the option of telling him my PC won't mind if Gavin gets naughty with him. I, as a player will find this hillarious but I suspect my Chaotic Good Male Berserker, who refused to romance through the saga as it's stupid when so much is going on around him, will probably not appreciate being hit on by Gavin. :p

Thanks for that heads up about the unintended m/m flirt options.

I had a look at the Marching Mountains interjections and talks and they look OK on my end. Would you be able to email me your saved game so I can match up the variables and see which one isn't closing? To do that, go into your saved game folder, find the one where the PID keeps popping up (it will be a separately labeled folder with a name like Sav00001 or something like that, and zip the entire folder, both the .gam and .sav files. And then email them to me at my screen name at gmail dot com. If you can include your weidu.log, it would help.

Or are you willing to run that troubleshooting mod? It's more work than emailing a sav file, but it will definitely be less annoying than no buffs in combat.

Hello,

I don't mind sending you a save, but I hacked around variables using Near Infinty and I am not really sure I even have a 'clean' save anymore. (I know, I know, I should be more careful when playing Betas!).

I think I will go down the full beta tester route. I will can this run, start back at the final save in Hell before Irenicus showdown and play through TOB again, this time making check point saves and actually noting down stuff when (IF) it goes wrong. I think I will even do a multi-route run hacking variables after the clean 'Didn't know Gavin from BG1, Friendship only' run is done to see if the Imoen romance works as intended, apparently having Gavin romance Imoen isn't a popular choice with the ladies and hasn't had much testing here :p

If it isn't too much bother, may I have that troubleshooting mod? I will not run it now, but if I run into trouble in the fresh run, I will use it and report so you know if there's any problems. Apologies for the annoyance. :)

And here's the Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods<br>// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod<br>// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Blindness As Spell Description: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #104 // Disable Stoneskin Grey Colour [C]: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #114 // Rest Spawns Advance Time: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Dialogue Greeting Subtitles: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #117 // Universal Four Inventory Weapon Slots: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Subtitles For Standard Soundsets: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0022<br>~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0022<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers   and Stalkers: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01<br>~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v9.01<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2293 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table (Blucher): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9<br>~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v9<br>~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v1.9<br>~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing): v1.9<br>~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience -> On initial joining and rejoining: v1.9<br>~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Update game references to NPC classes/kits: v1.9<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v19<br>~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v19<br>~CONTAIN/SETUP-CONTAIN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v3<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Allow Dispel/Remove Magic to take down Globes of Invulnerability: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #104 // PnP Color Spray: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #105 // PnP Dimension Door: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Magical arrows and bolts deal bonus damage equal to their enchantment level: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #117 // Allow Mages to scribe memorized spells onto scrolls -> Scrolls can only be scribed at inns and strongholds: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #153 // PnP Fiends -> Give aTweaks scripts to all fiends but do not alter statistics: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #155 // Further Revised Fiend Summoning: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #156 // Fiendish gating: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #180 // PnP Mephits: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #185 // PnP Fey creatures: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #186 // Revised Call Woodland Beings spell: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // PnP Elementals: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // Increase the Hit Dice of Elemental Princes: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #241 // Revised Bhaalpowers -> Only standardize the Bhaalpowers' casting time: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #218 // Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #204 // Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #205 // Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #211 // Make Death Ward protect against Vorpal Hits: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #212 // Make alignment detection spells more accurate: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #213 // Expanded saving throw bonus tables for Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #216 // Bard songs break invisibility -> Only the Jester song breaks invisibility: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #301 // Change the appearance of Valygar's armor: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #302 // Change the appearance of the Robe of Vecna: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #315 // Distinctive creature soundsets: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #500 // Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers -> Use the recommended storage capacity value (999): v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #510 // Expanded temple services: v3.82<br>~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for aTweaks content: v3.82<br>~HIGHLEVELABILITIES/SETUP-HIGHLEVELABILITIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // High Level ABILITIES: v0.1<br>~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: 4<br>~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: 4<br>~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: 4<br>~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): 4<br>~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: 4<br>~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: 4<br>~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 30 Minutes: 4<br>~IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship for SoA: 2<br>~MAZZY/SETUP-MAZZY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mazzy Friendship: 2<br>~VICONIA/SETUP-VICONIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Viconia Friendship: 3.1<br>~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn<br>~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)<br>~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal<br>~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything): v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Install Holy Strategist of the Red Knight Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Install Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #127 // Install Feywarden of Corellon Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #130 // Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #203 // Install Oozemaster Druid kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #403 // Install Bowslinger Ranger Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #406 // Install Feralan Ranger Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #409 // Install Forest Runner Ranger Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #412 // Install Justifier Ranger Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #415 // Install Wilderness Runner Ranger Kit: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #605 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v7<br>~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia: v7<br>~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3.1<br>~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3.1<br>~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v3.1<br>~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v3.1<br>~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #40 // Cure Sleep Fix: v3.1<br>~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v3.1<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components): v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Acrobat bard kit: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Chorister bard kit: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Dirgesinger bard kit: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Gypsy bard kit: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Adventurer thief kit: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Burglar thief kit: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install Soulknife thief kit: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Sharpshooter thief kit: v5<br>~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Shadowdancer thief kit: v5<br>~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2<br>~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin for BG2: 20111016 TOB<br>~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-romance cheat -> Normal romance kills: 20111016 TOB

Hmmm... now that I look at it, this char did romance Nalia using the PPG mod. Been a while since I played. But that shouldn't conflict as it has no TOB content. Also, why does the Weidu log say TOB 2011016 when the download has a different version number? =/

I'll post a link to the troubleshooting mod tonight. There are a few steps involved, but the directions are straightforward and that will definitely pinpoint the problem and allow me to make up a hotfix (or give you the console commands) that will enable you to complete your playthrough without a lot of grief.

The Imoen romance thing is only available if the PC knew Gavin in BG1. That part is actually thoroughly tested because I ran it when I was making sure the interjections worked... before the PC dialogues were implemented.

Link to the troubleshooting mod (make sure it is the absolute dead last item in your installation:

http://www.tolkienacrossthewater.com/downloads/gavin_npc_troubleshoot.exe

Instructions:

- Install the troubleshooting mod.

- Fire up your game with the stutter.

- Make note of the line that keeps coming up over and over and over, e.g. Running block 72 of b!gavs.bcs

- Exit out of the game.

- Decompile the script named by following the instructions here:

http://www.tolkienacrossthewater.com/forum/index.php?topic=458.0

- Open up the file weidu created in your game directory with a a text editor like Notepad. Look for the script block labeled with the number indicated by the troubleshooting mod

- Post the script block here and I will tell you how to get it to stop looping

Let me know if you run into any trouble.

Hello,

Thank you for the mod. I installed it and ensured Weidu log says it's the last thing installed. I ran the game and no lines showed up. I figured the fault lies with my own game. (As I said, I messed around with variables, Mazzy friendship has its own problems with a variable that won't increment normally, so I figured I could fix Gavin by doing something similar).

I started back at Irenicus final save and had to do that battle a few times as party members died during the final cutscene. Doing it so many times did allow me to notice that Gavin doesn't say anything to Irenicus in hell. (The part where everyone, including Mazzy pulls out all stops to show even Halflings can be hammy :p). I first thought you left it out as having him unvoiced would make it stick out when everyone else was shouting something at Irenicus. But I checked Near Infinity and he does have dialogue there. So I ran through the save repeatedly till it finally triggered and when Gavin says his dialogue, the game hangs. No CTD, no warnings, it just hangs in cutscene mode with me having no option but to Alt + F4 out of it =/

After that bit of funkiness, I went through TOB, following my old save as closely as I can remember and got to the Chinchilla part and same thing happens again. Gavin's PID constantly pops up and the mod I installed doesn't show me any repeating line. So I am sending you the fresh save file. The only edit I made to this one is I incremented Mazzy's friend talk counter manually. I am now starting to wonder if the fault isn't in my own install. Hope the save I am sending helps you figure it out and sorry for the bother if it turns out it has nothing to do with Gavin.

-A

That bit about Gavin's interjection not firing in hell is troubling. It's a simple bit of coding, an interjection rather than scripted dialogue. There is no reason it should hang. There is a cutscene following the dialogue, so it is possible that your installation itself is corrupted and the vanilla scripts are hanging. Don't do anything drastic like reinstalling the game or anything. Let me have a look at your save files first. Since there will be about 40 variables I will have to check individually against the code, this will not be a quick process, but I may be able to find something. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the report!

Well, I checked the variables in your saved game and couldn't find any that had opened but not closed. This does not mean that the problem is necessarily in your installation. It may be that I'm not checking the right files with the debugging mod I sent you earlier. IIRC, I made it before the beta came out, so it is possible that I omitted a key script. If you're to try the debugging mod once more, I'll put together one that includes more ToB-specific scripts to check. It will not take long, but it will have to wait until this evening.

Apologies for the frustration that I know this is causing you. I didn't encounter the stutter you have when I ran it myself, so I'm having a hard time pinpointing the issue. If worse comes to worst, I may have to rebuild your installation locally and attempt to duplicate the problem by loading your saved game.

No need to apologise. I knew the risks of installing a beta and I am just glad that the game still has people working on improving and adding to it without any compensation. As for the troubleshooter mod, it showed me a few lines in Irenicus battle, so I guess it doesn't work for ToB?

I started a BG Tutu run to get my Baldur's Gate fix, but I am ok with nuking my current BG2 install and testing this save on a new install. Will I be able to just import it and play without having to add all the mods and only installing Gavin? If nothing else, if there's no stutter in that case, we can at least eliminate Gavin as the culprit for the stutter.

Hi

I got Gavin intoxicated (drunk) and asked him why he sounded different: then the screen stalled for a second as if something should have happened and the game returned to normal without futher comments.

Was that intended?

Shaitan, I think that is correct if it is coming from the PiD:

++ ~Your voice sounds strange.~ + StringFix

IF ~~ StringFix
SAY ~(coughs)~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~ClearAllActions()
  StartCutSceneMode()
  StartCutScene("b!gavstr")~ EXIT
END

the cutscene resets his .cre assigned voiceset strings (if someone imported him into a game that had slightly different strings but wanted to continue). But Berelinde may have to weigh in, as i don't know if he has ToB drunk talks or not.,..

Archived