Version 20 comments/bug reports

ScuD

Dunno if it's bug, but..

at graveyard i met my first vampire with room full of traps - he is in mist form and not leaving it. I tryed +3 axe with +2 fire dmg, magic missile, both dispells, different magic and cant do anything to him - he resists any dmg or magic and keep charming/damaging my party.

How do you deal with him?

Install failure under Mac OS X 10.4.11 on my PPC (non-Intel) Mac:

ERROR: [FINBALTH.bcs] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [scsii/DS/oldfiles_asc.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  21 files for [setup-scsii.tp2] component 1000.
Uninstalled	 21 files for [setup-scsii.tp2] component 1000.
ERROR: Not_found

I've edited scsii.ini according to earlier advice I saw in these forums to disable TobEx-related stuff, as I can't install TobEx on my machine. I've been able to install and play with SCSII v.19 before, but I no longer have that version, and am in the process of installing mods on my secondary BG2 installation.

What must I do to remedy this, and proceed to install the mod?

Can anyone help with the issue I posted about above? I can't continue to install any more mods (and can't play the game in the state it's in) until I resolve it, and either install SCSII or skip it...but I really don't want to skip it, as the mod has installed and played successfully in the past.

I'll shelve this for now, as I'm restoring clean installation and installing mods again. Will report again if SCSII has any issues this time around.

Some potential typos.

english.tra:

@41=~Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele~

@42=~Gaylan wants 40,000 gold pieces~

@43=~Gaylan wants 60,000 gold pieces~

@44=~Gaylan wants 80,000 gold pieces~

@45=~Gaylan wants 100,000 gold pieces~

@46=~Gaylan wants 120,000 gold pieces~

Gaylan -> Gaelan

@158=~Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix")~

d'Arnise -> de'Arnise

@401

This particular battle axe is unusually finely made, with a perfectly balanced blade sharpened to razor thickness. Though not magical, it will strike more truely and cut more deeply than a lesser axe.

truely -> truly

@407, @427, @429, @431, @433

THACO -> THAC0

@413 = ~Mounted knights cannot effectively use long pole weapons while on horseback, and as a result, many weapons have been fitted with shorter shafts so they may be wielded with just one hand. Maces and flails are two previous examples of this - the war hammer is another. The horseman's war hammer is the descendent of the Lucerne hammer. It is made entirely of steel, with rondels protecting and strengthening the grip. Rondels are small disks of metal, often shaped into decorative designs. The shaft is about 18 inches long. ''

long. '' -> long.

@606

1) The character will fight, prioritising opponents who are not immobile and helpless, not fighting if they're trying to Turn Undead, and not wasting Melf's Minute Meteors, Energy Blades or

Invisibilty.

Invisibilty -> Invisibility

@2506 = ~Sephuchral Sleep~

Sephuchral -> Sepulchral

@15030=~What sort of spirit trolls do you want in the Improved D'Arnise Keep component?

D'Arnise -> de'Arnise

ii5.tra:

@100 = ~Very well, <CHARNAME>. I am beginning the entertain the possibility that I will not defeat you.~

the entertain -> to entertain

Im not sure how demogorgon is supposed to work but during the whole fight of me with him (it lasted a lot of rounds) he cast only the initial chain contingency + contingency, storm of vengeance then after a couple of rounds he summoned 3-4 glabrezu, then after a looong time not long before he has been defeated he used implosion and beguilging gaze. He was meleeing most of the time. Cant he cast spell, use a gaze and then melee at the same round?(i have demons instantly casting setting).

Judging by the spoilers information he should ve been casting a lot more as some of his spells are once per 2, 3 or 6 rounds. And he also should have used his gaze every round as a free action but he did it only once in the end when he cast a spell (implosion).

Not sure if this is how it is intended to work. Looks like he couldnt fight and cast at the same time and looks like he wanted to cast implosion really badly so he had to wait 30 rounds to cast it(and he couldnt cast anything before because it would break his spell cooldown and reset the implosion timer back to 30 rounds). I have instantly casting demons setting.

How s the demogorgon supposed to cast/fight/gaze?

"scsii/abazigal/abazigal.tph":

1)ADD_CRE_EFFECT function here uses duration=1, should be timing=9.

2) Lizard shamans need WRITE_BYTE 0x273 14, otherwise they may end up being mages instead of C/Ms.

"scsii/clericmage/clericmage.tph":

1) Lizard shamans need WRITE_BYTE 0x273 14, otherwise they may end up being mages instead of C/Ms.

"scsii/sendai/sendai.tph":

1) It copies DEMBAL01.CRE into DW#SBAIM.CRE, however the original appears to be completely unchanged by the Fiend component.

improved abazigal's lair are not immune to vorpal effects. In fact it may be that they have some sort of vulnerability as sarevok one hit (first hit) 3 of them in a row (maybe it was some insane luck)... Both black dragons and the one that comes right after them and before the red.

Well, right after I tried to do the battle again and ended up killing both black's before they could deliver their lines which caused me to be stuck.

And yeah, I do have both smarted dragons and standardized immunities.

Thanks,

K7

EDIT:

Another one, even though I have the component which changes globe of blades and blade barriers so they do not cause damage to allies ( and the fact that the ones cast by enemies were not supposed to cause damage to their allies in vanilla), somehow Amelysan basically killed Yaga Shura with hers... and he was barely injured before, took her like a round...

Thanks.

Whenever I try installing this, it crashes whenever I try to create a monk (specifically at the creation step right after you roll for stats... abilities?). I have tried installing my mods in different orders. Even when it was the only mod installed, monk failed. Anyone know what's up?

I've encountered a strange bug: liches casting MGoI. I've tested this with the shade lich, the elemental lich, and the lich in the undead city that you encounter in the unseeing eye quest. Ctrl+Q shows that the liches all have this spell memorized.

An example screenshot (of the elemental lich): http://img137.images.../3790/lichk.jpg

My Weidu log: http://pastebin.com/APHpcTBP. Notably, this is a SR+SCS II install.

Also, currently enemies do not react to offscreen casts of Chaos, whereas they do to almost any other spell. If possible, it would be a good idea to remedy this (for instance, beholders could use their anti-magic ray to dispel the confusion effect on allied beholders).

I've encountered a strange bug: liches casting MGoI. I've tested this with the shade lich, the elemental lich, and the lich in the undead city that you encounter in the unseeing eye quest. Ctrl+Q shows that the liches all have this spell memorized.

Thanks, fixed (I hope) for next version.

Also, currently enemies do not react to offscreen casts of Chaos, whereas they do to almost any other spell. If possible, it would be a good idea to remedy this (for instance, beholders could use their anti-magic ray to dispel the confusion effect on allied beholders).

Good idea.

Enemy summoned death knights (SR 7th level demon summon) do not attack the caster, but do attack other hostile summons; I had a lich summon two death knights and they tore each other apart (I also posted this to the SR forum).

Edit: Beholders are not using their anti-magic ray. I engaged a pack of beholders with a buffed character and they only pummeled him in vain with their other rays. I have this option installed: "~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6112 // Smarter beholders -> Give beholder rays some chance to "burn through" spell protections; beholder antimagic removes defences and prevents casting but does not block harmful spells (original game behaviour): v20".

Archived