Error when installing v0.8.8

Moongaze

I downloaded and tried to install Cleric Remix v0.8.8

Everything went fine until the installation of the Nightcloak of Shar kit.

The install program said something about a missing A#Shar file in chitin.key :D

Now I'm very unfamiliar with the install programs of these Mods, which will hopefully change soon btw, so could anyone help me?

It could also be the older PC I'm currently using while away from my normal PC. I've already seen several "bugs" that occur here, but never occured on my own PC. :thumbsup:

The DEBUG you sent to me indicates that the A#SHAR kit is already installed. As a result, it doesn't copy the A#SHAR.2da file for kit install, which in turn causes the error message you see when it tries to modify a#shar.2da.

I'm not entirely sure why the kit would be installed (i.e. in kitlist.2da) w/o the rest of the files. Was there a previous issue where the installer crashed during install, or a game re-install, or some other issue?

The DEBUG you sent to me indicates that the A#SHAR kit is already installed. As a result, it doesn't copy the A#SHAR.2da file for kit install, which in turn causes the error message you see when it tries to modify a#shar.2da.

I'm not entirely sure why the kit would be installed (i.e. in kitlist.2da) w/o the rest of the files. Was there a previous issue where the installer crashed during install, or a game re-install, or some other issue?

None. The installer never crashed, and I never re-install the game. If I decide to install it anew, I fully remove the previous version, and start with a clean install. I did install some Mods before installing the Cleric Remix, so that might have caused it?

The Mods I frequently use are:

• Banter Packs
  • NPC Flirt Packs
  • Oversight
  • Unfinished Business
  • Sorcerer's Place Collection
  • PnP Celestials
  • NPC Kits
  • G3 Tweaks
  • Refinements
  • Chloe
  • Kelsey SoA
  • Kelsey ToB
  • Gareth
  • Tashia
  • Edwin Romance
  • Edwin Romance ToB
  • Corthala Romantique Beta 2
  • The Longer Road
  • Kiara - Zaiya
  • Kindrek, Tsujatha, Yasraena ... OR ... Keto (the first three Mods do not work properly with Keto installed)
  • Kivan of Shilmista
  • Kivan of Shilmista Soundset
  • Hubelpot
  • And of course, the Cleric Remix

I also did not install any other cleric kits, such as the ones in Ashes of Embers.

OK, I got a similar bug report via email--the mods you have in common with the other error report are Unfinished Business, SP Collection, Ghareth, Kivan of Shilmista, Refinements, and NPC Kit. I've checked them all and have found nothing that messes with a Shar kit. I'm going to continue investigating the remainder of the list and see what I can turn up. Could you email (webmaster@gibberlings3.net) me or post the DEBUG file?

I got an email bug report too (could well be the same one), will investigate when back at my modding computer... Like Cam, I see no obvious reason for something being up. Unless we missed one of the files in our packaging and it only works for us as we had older versions installed?

Archived