Strange AI Behavior

achobo

After installing SCS v20 some creatures in packs, such as gibberlings/hobgoblins, cease in pursuing the party until they have been damaged. When encountered they will stand in place until they are damaged or engaged in melee then that single one will rush the party. It's like they are blinded from the parties approach and don't call for help. Even more frusterating is that it only occurs in some groups, and others are fine.

Please advise...

Here is the mods I have installed in this order. I would give you a WeiDu.log but I'm not sure how to out print one.

Games:

Full Game Install BG/BG2/ToB

BG: No Patch, 3-disc The Original Saga Package

BG2: Patch 26498

Tutu:

EasyTutu ToB

Easytutu Hotfix

EasyTutu Degreenifier

Mods:

Baldur's Gate Mini-quests and Encounters

BG1UB

BG1 NPC Project

One Pixel Productions

Sword and Fist

SimDing0's D0tweaks (only Sensible Lore)

Spell Revision

BG2 Tweakpack

Sword Coast Strategems

EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer

Widescreen Mod

The group of six gibberlings you meet right after the first Elimister encounter will do it, but sometimes they don't. Sometimes Xvarts will spawn near the gibberlings and you have to fight both parties and if one does it the others don't. But I've had times where the same creatures don't have any problem and attack normally. Same with the hobgoblins outside the Friendly Arm. The first group will attack normally, but the second group (one with Joia's flamedance ring) will wait patiently for you to slaughter them one by one. Once engaged they will fight normally.

Haven't had any trouble with wolves or the belt ogre yet.

I would give you a WeiDu.log but I'm not sure how to out print one.
weidu.log is located in the main game directory. you can open it with any text editor. copy then paste the contents inside of the spoiler tag. you'll need to manually type the spoiler tag, which would be spoiler /spoiler both inside of [ ]

you'll end up with

your weidu.log content

Note: I just discovered that you can also click the little icon when on mouse hover it states "Special BBcode", the spoiler tag is listed in the box that pops up.

Here's the log.

I reinstalled everything again, but this time ran SCS two times. First time for general changes and second time for Ai enhancements. I've only played about 10 minutes, but everything is looking good so far. Don't know what the previous problem could have been still.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Hotfix: A64 Saves Beregost

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components): v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Acrobat bard kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Chorister bard kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Dirgesinger bard kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Gypsy bard kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Adventurer thief kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Burglar thief kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install Soulknife thief kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Sharpshooter thief kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Shadowdancer thief kit: v5

~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections: v12

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open Cloakwood Lodge (first Cloakwood area only): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v20

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // One Pixel Productions: v2 New Potion Graphics (2): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #2 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flaming Swords (3): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #3 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords (4): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #4 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords item patches (5): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #5 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords mod item patches (6): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #6 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #7 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Bucklers (D1) (8): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #8 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Small Shields (D2) (9): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #9 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Medium Shields (D3) (10): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #10 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves core (11): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #11 // 1PP: Colourable Quarterstaves core item patches (12): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #12 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves mod patches (13): v2.7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #1 // Monk Remix: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #30 // Install Hexblade fighter kit: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #31 // Install Duelist fighter kit: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #32 // Install Fist of Order fighter kit: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #33 // Install Blackguard fighter kit: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #34 // Install Duskblade fighter kit (by ronin69hof, ronin69hof@gmail.com: v7

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Sensible Lore Table

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #40 // Cure Sleep Fix: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v3

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v9

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Initialise (required by almost all other mod components): v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2011 // Replace many magic weapons with fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2 -> Introduce BG2 spell scrolls into BG1: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Faster Bears: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // NPCs go to inns: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Allow Yeslick to use axes: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Improved shapeshifting: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3101 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // More realistic wolves and wild dogsS: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Skip Candlekeep: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Move Boo out of quick access and into Minsc's pack: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Ease-of-use player AI: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Smarter general AI: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Better calls for help: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5015 // More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats): v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5022 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5031 // Smarter mages -> Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages do not pre-buff: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5041 // Smarter priests -> Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests do not pre-buff: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Smarter deployment: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5070 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5090 // Smarter basilisks: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Improved doppelgangers: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6050 // Improved Ulcaster: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Improved Bassilus: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6110 // Improved Drasus party: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Improved Red Wizards: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Undercity party: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6140 // Improved minor encounters: v20

~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #4 // EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer -> Base Spawn Chance: 70%

~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #14 // Respawn Interval Selection -> Respawn Interval: 7 game days

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

Double Post Update:

After some further playing the issue is not resolved. Issues from my short adventure:

#1 After getting out of Candlekeep meet some Diseased Gibberlings (6) near Mort and Xar. Two 'activate' and rush me and are killed. Party stands next to the other four waiting. The gibberlings just ignore the party. Talk to Mort and go back, the other four attack.

#2 Encounter some Xvarts (6) after the Elimister encounter. The behave normally.

#3 On the way to the belt ogre encounter two non-hostile wolves (2). Greed gets the best of my and I decide to kill them for the 65xp. The neither turn hostile nor run until critically injured. Once their morale fails they run, but are stall flagged non-hostile (no yellow ring for morale failure).

#4 Fight the belt ogre. Behaves normally.

#5 Head south and encounter some Gibberlings (6). They behave normally.

#6 Found the caravan bandits with the lady bandit. She triggers the dialogue and attacks, but her friends just sit and watch. After the lady bandit is killed other three bandits do nothing until they are slaughtered. Even then they die too quick for me to know if they even defended themselves.

After the caravan encounter I quit and came to report.

Also, I'm not sure how the AI should be behaving when it is behaving normally, but I've yet to see any intelligent moves by the AI. My party was a C/M, Imoen, and a familiar. In all the encounters that behaved normally the monsters were content trying to pummel my familiar. Not once did they charge the C/M or Imoen. Like I said, not sure if they should have been because those monsters are not really "intelligent" so their AI might not be written for things like that.

Another thing to note, except for the wolves, all the monsters were flagged as hostile and still did not attack the party.

I can reproduce the wolf behaviour: it's a slight glitch in the realistic-wolf AI. (I didn't allow enough for people who go around killing innocent wolves - for shame!)

I'm afraid I can't reproduce the other behaviour (this is on a clean install). I've no idea what's going on here. If anyone else is getting the same problem, let me know.

I didn't allow enough for people who go around killing innocent wolves - for shame!

In my defense, wolves are at their most problematic when food becomes scarce, and with the Sword Coast going through the troubles it is during Baldur's Gate there are probably enough people falling back on hunting as a source of food. More than there would usually be. While there is no evidence of this happening, at least two people have taken up fishing, so it's not much of a stretch. With increased hunting the wolves would have more competition for game and would probably turn to killing livestock even if they didn't outright attack humonoids. By killing the wolves I'm protecting the farmer's livelihoods.

At least that's what I tell Jaheira.

And now for something 100% more useful.

The laptop I use for IE gaming recently needed an overhaul and i reformatted. Is there anyway that the fresh XP Pro install I have on here is missing something that could affect the game like this? Higher DirectX? Registry entries?

I can reproduce the wolf behaviour: it's a slight glitch in the realistic-wolf AI. (I didn't allow enough for people who go around killing innocent wolves - for shame!)

I'm afraid I can't reproduce the other behaviour (this is on a clean install). I've no idea what's going on here. If anyone else is getting the same problem, let me know.

DavidW, could you adjust the wolf AI so that wolves do attack you when your party gets too close? Right now I can walk right between them, whcih feels a bit weird. I'd expect the wolves to either take their distance, or snarl, at the least.

Also, would it be possible to remove wolves from the traveling random encounter list? It's really strange when you get the "You've been waylaid by enemies" message and find yourself accosted by two non-aggressive wolves. Or stranger yet, a worg and a non-aggressive wolf. You slaughter the worg while the wolf watches apathetically.

Also, I think the problems I'm having is a global one. I tried a complete reinstall down to reinstalling BG/TotSC and BGII/ToB. The original problem, some creatures in groups not attacking, seems to be resolved, but the bandits at the caravan still don't attack. But the AI is working for intelligent creatures as I attacked a group of archer bandits and the ones not in combat fled a few steps away before resuming firing. So I really don't know what's up with those encounter bandits. it seems like they're not getting a script to attack after turning hostile when you talk with the lady bandit. Perhaps a BG1NPC problem?

A second problem has turned up though, the "Send NPCs to an Inn" component isn't working after being installed. They just stand there like in the original game. I'm starting to get the strange feeling that my problem is in SR and BG1NPC interaction, not with SCS. Maybe the SR "Update NPC Spell Selections" component.

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Hotfix: A64 Saves Beregost

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components): v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Acrobat bard kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Chorister bard kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Dirgesinger bard kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Gypsy bard kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Adventurer thief kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Burglar thief kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install Soulknife thief kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Sharpshooter thief kit: v5

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Shadowdancer thief kit: v5

~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance: v12

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open Cloakwood Lodge (first Cloakwood area only): v20

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v20

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // One Pixel Productions: v2 New Potion Graphics (2): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #2 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flaming Swords (3): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #3 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords (4): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #4 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords item patches (5): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #5 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords mod item patches (6): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #6 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #7 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Bucklers (D1) (8): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #8 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Small Shields (D2) (9): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #9 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Medium Shields (D3) (10): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #10 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves core (11): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #11 // 1PP: Colourable Quarterstaves core item patches (12): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #12 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves mod patches (13): v2.7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #1 // Monk Remix: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #30 // Install Hexblade fighter kit: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #31 // Install Duelist fighter kit: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #32 // Install Fist of Order fighter kit: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #33 // Install Blackguard fighter kit: v7

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #34 // Install Duskblade fighter kit (by ronin69hof, ronin69hof@gmail.com: v7

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Sensible Lore Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v9

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #40 // Cure Sleep Fix: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v3

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Initialise (required by almost all other mod components): v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2011 // Replace many magic weapons with fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2 -> Introduce BG2 spell scrolls into BG1: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3101 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Move Boo out of quick access and into Minsc's pack: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5015 // More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats): v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5022 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5031 // Smarter mages -> Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages do not pre-buff: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5041 // Smarter priests -> Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests do not pre-buff: v20

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v20

~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #4 // EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer -> Base Spawn Chance: 70%

~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #14 // Respawn Interval Selection -> Respawn Interval: 7 game days

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

Wolves: good idea.

General issues: if you've got the patience, try a pure BG1NPC+SCS+Tutu installation and play for a bit - see if the same problems occur. (The fact that this thread isn't awash with "me too!" posts suggests this is something relatively specific about your install.)

(Totally random thought: I assume you have patched ToB?)

Tried a "pure BG1NPC+SCS+Tutu" install as recommended (weidu.log below) and have the exact same two problems. Can't send NPCs to an inn, but I only tried with Imoen as soon as I got her, and the bandits don't attack after turning hostile. The gibberlings and xvarts are attacking in groups as is intended and I couldn't see any other problems from my short excursion.

And I'm using "BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH"

Decided to try a Tutu install with just SCS tonight (weidu.log below). I couldn't test the bandits since those are added by BG1NPC, but Imoen still couldn't be send to an inn even with the component installed. I also tried adding her and kicking her out again thsi time around and got some more strange behavior. After getting kicked out the second time she went into her getting picked-up after being left script instead of her complaining about getting dumped one. Definitely strange. I'm going to try an BG1NPC only install tomorrow when I have more patience.