v15: Material for inclusion

berelinde

Thanks!

Just to let folks know, I did work on this last weekend, but hectic RL commitments are presently consuming most of my free time, so progress is slow. This update is also a good 10-15X the size of the usual update. No joke. I'm seriously considering setting it up as an SVN to enable others to help get this done.

Just to let folks know, I did work on this last weekend, but hectic RL commitments are presently consuming most of my free time, so progress is slow. This update is also a good 10-15X the size of the usual update. No joke. I'm seriously considering setting it up as an SVN to enable others to help get this done.

From the looks of this thread, I can well believe it will be so large. ...and I'm really looking forward to grabbing it when it is complete. Thanks for all your hard work berelinde :)

After about 30 hours worth of work, I'm about 25% done, so figure another 90 hours still to go. Keeping in mind that I don't work very quickly and am very easily distracted. If I set it up with SVN, it would enable others to work on it without worrying about overwriting files. I'd like to say that I'll do it tonight, but this weekend has been more hectic than usual and I'm beat. By Wednesday, definitely.

I've seen berelinde at DA3 forums just today, so hopefully we may get some v15 progress.

However, since most of the banters I see in this thread are non-coded, maybe it'll make sense for other NPC authors to quietly code their banters Crossmod-style and submit them here, like me, Rhaella and several others did?

Because if we do have all banters coded and tested by their authors, the matter of building v15 would be one hour of copy-pasting + adding a new romance variable(s) to the scripts. I'd say it's worth it to release just the banters and leave the complicated stuff like mod-in-mod interjections for later, given how many people want the new version.

It's not just that, it's also that they have to be tested as installing correctly, so we have to build a mega-install with all of the crossmod NPCs and make sure everything installs correctly. I'd estimate there's roughly 30-45 hours of work involved in this update. It's not a small update.

Which is why I believe each NPC author should take his share of coding and testing for his/her banters - there's no need for a mega-test if the authors coded and tested their submissions. (Unless, for example, you don't believe me that Dace or Isra banters already work, but that wouldn't sound so good). Then, like I said, it would be a small enough update.

Testing could be made public, like, the alpha could be linked and people (e.g. the mod authors who contributed) could also test the install, at least for the mods they contributed to. There is really no need for all that work to be done by one person alone.

Archived