Issues with the new Atart Anthology games

ZanThrax

I bought the new Anthology pack that Atari has put out a couple weeks back (All of BG, ID, Torment, and ToEE). I don't know if they've done something with the executables for this release, but they really don't seem to play well with the widescreen mod. Icewind Dale will run fine windowed after the mod, but trying to fullscreen it leaves the screen garbled and unplayable. Torment of course can't run windowed, but when it runs, it's also garbled, although not quite as badly as ID. I wanted simply to run at 854 x 480 so as to keep things large enough on screen to still be easily legible, but what seems to be happening is that the 640 standard width is being broken up into about ten vertical bands and spread across the wider resolution.

I bought the new Anthology pack that Atari has put out a couple weeks back (All of BG, ID, Torment, and ToEE). I don't know if they've done something with the executables for this release, but they really don't seem to play well with the widescreen mod. Icewind Dale will run fine windowed after the mod, but trying to fullscreen it leaves the screen garbled and unplayable. Torment of course can't run windowed, but when it runs, it's also garbled, although not quite as badly as ID. I wanted simply to run at 854 x 480 so as to keep things large enough on screen to still be easily legible, but what seems to be happening is that the 640 standard width is being broken up into about ten vertical bands and spread across the wider resolution.
Screen shot would do nicely here... use the print screen button while playing the game so you move the characters on the levels... then exit the game and go to the game folder, and there's ScrnShot folder that holds the shot, and upload them to imageshack or somewhere else and copy the link it gives...

Archived