Adding/Changing Item Effects

grogerson

It actually places one at the bottom (all zeros) and one at the top with the proper data. In other words, I've two new effect slots.

it wasn't two new effects. it was one new effect and a replacement of the AC modifier effect (which is the one at the top).

Only one effect is added per use of the function wipt_new_eqfx

Your new code helps (only one new effect is added), but comes up short.
that's cause it wasn't in your code which i pulled and tested and why i suggested you look at the other values and add as needed

After suffering a bout of insanity (otherwise known as playing Ultima IX) I'm back to BG1 Tweaks. Strange thing is, I had it working but now it doesn't. Instead I now get this:

ERROR: cannot convert wipt_fx_off or %wipt_fx_off% to an integer

This code occurs only in the wipt.tph file. Can you help me on this?

I expanded this component to include mod items as well. This is the first part of the mod component (six colors, six times the size). I compared it to the setup I had for BG1 only shields and the code (except for color) is the same.

INCLUDE ~bg1tweaks/lib/wipt.tph~

COPY_EXISTING ~X#AJSBG1.ITM~ ~override~ // add effect, change to shield panel color cycle RED (AJANTIS BG1)
LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~wipt_new_eqfx~  INT_VAR wipt_n_opco = 9 wipt_n_targ = 1 wipt_n_par1 = 38400 wipt_n_par2 = 2621474 wipt_n_tmod = 2 wipt_n_pro1 = 100
END
BUT_ONLY

COPY_EXISTING ~shld02.itm~   ~override~ // effect exists, change to shield panel color cycle RED
		  ~CMSHQ01.ITM~  ~override~ // SMALL SHIELD OF FIRE +2 (CoM Dark Horizons)
		  ~SHLDDS01.ITM~ ~override~ // CUCHOINNEACH'S SMALL SHIELD +3 (CoM DSotSC)
		  ~CUSHLD01.ITM~ ~override~ // CUCHOINNEACH'S SMALL SHIELD +3 (IEGMC NTotSC)
 LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~wipt_item_reader~
 FOR (idx=0;idx<%wipt_eqfx_num%;idx+=1) BEGIN
PATCH_IF ($wipt_r_opco("%idx%") = 7) AND ($wipt_r_par2("%idx%") = 34) BEGIN
  LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~wipt_item_writer~ INT_VAR $wipt_w_opco("%idx%") = 9 $wipt_w_par1("%idx%") = 38400 $wipt_w_par2("%idx%") = 2621474
  END
END
 END
BUT_ONLY

The strange thing is, I tested this while the various mods were installed with no problem. The magic shields glowed the proper colors. Now it won't install, either in basic BG1 or TotSC. Both give me the same error code.

Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: [X#AJSBG1.ITM] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

You aren't launching the item reader.

add this

after the COPY line of the first copy block

You've already got it in the second copy block so that one would work fine.

Edit: all the write macros/functions depend upon the reader being used. but I wanted/needed the ability to change values from what was read. thus it was easier for me to keep them separate rather than having the write macros/functions call up the reader.

So it should read:

COPY_EXISTING ~X#AJSBG1.ITM~ ~override~ // add effect, change to shield panel color cycle RED (AJANTIS BG1)
LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~wipt_new_eqfx~  INT_VAR wipt_n_opco = 9 wipt_n_targ = 1 wipt_n_par1 = 38400 wipt_n_par2 = 2621474 wipt_n_tmod = 2 wipt_n_pro1 = 100
END
BUT_ONLY

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Didn't work.

Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: [X#AJSBG1.ITM] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

I've included the item in the ALLOW_MISSING section (~X#AJSBG1.ITM~), and verified the spelling (~X#AJSBG1.ITM~) in the component. And it worked before my bout of madness. I'd like to get playing and testing again, but...

if you comment that particular patch out, does the other one following work properly?

I downloaded Ajantis expansion.... when i've some time I'll take a look at it locally.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work of the top of my head, so I'll delve into it as soon as I can.

for now, move on to other things you need to get done in the mod....

aside from putting in some checks to make sure files existed or not and putting in a PRINT line so i could see whats going on during install. I had no problems.

I do not have the wipt.tph file in the same location so I had to point to it elsewhere. Is it possible that your copy has gotten messed up?

Also I had incorrectly told you to add the launch of the reader. its already done inside the function that adds new equipping effects.

this worked for me

INCLUDE ~bgfixpack/tph/wipt.tph~
ACTION_FOR_EACH file IN ~X#AJSBG1.ITM~ BEGIN
ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%file%~) THEN BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING ~%file%~ ~override~ // add effect, change to shield panel color cycle RED (AJANTIS BG1)
  END
  PATCH_PRINT ~%file% - changed shield panel color to RED~
 BUT_ONLY
END
END
ACTION_FOR_EACH file IN ~shld02.itm~ ~CMSHQ01.ITM~ ~SHLDDS01.ITM~ ~CUSHLD01.ITM~ BEGIN
ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%file%~) THEN BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING ~%file%~   ~override~ // effect exists, change to shield panel color cycle RED
  FOR (idx=0;idx<%wipt_eqfx_num%;idx+=1) BEGIN
   PATCH_IF ($wipt_r_opco("%idx%") = 7) AND ($wipt_r_par2("%idx%") = 34) BEGIN
 LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~wipt_item_writer~ INT_VAR $wipt_w_opco("%idx%") = 9 $wipt_w_par1("%idx%") = 38400 $wipt_w_par2("%idx%") = 2621474
 END
 PATCH_PRINT ~%file% - changed shield panel color to RED~
   END
  END
 BUT_ONLY
END
END

check your wipt.tph file and make sure it matches this one:

DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO ~wipt_item_reader~ BEGIN
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_entry BEGIN un  in  ri   fl1  fl2  fl3  fl4  it   u1   u2   u3   u4   ia   ml   ms   msb  k1   mi   k2   md   k3   mw   k4   mc   wp   mch  pr   st   ii   lo   gi   we   ud   id   di   en   END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_offst BEGIN 0x8 0xc 0x10 0x18 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1c 0x1e 0x1f 0x20 0x21 0x22 0x24 0x26 0x28 0x29 0x2a 0x2b 0x2c 0x2d 0x2e 0x2f 0x30 0x31 0x32 0x34 0x38 0x3a 0x42 0x44 0x4c 0x50 0x54 0x58 0x60 END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_SoWrt BEGIN 4   4   8    1    1    1    1    2    1    1    1    1    2    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    4    2    8    2    8    4    4    4    8    4    END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_AsciL BEGIN 0   0   8    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    8    0    8    0    0    0    8    0    END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_Bit   BEGIN 0   0   0    1    1    1    1    0    1    1    1    1    0    0    0    0    1    0    1    0    1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    END
 FOR(hi=0;hi<36;hi+=1)BEGIN
  SET $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) = $h_offst("%hi%") //set offset for entry
  SET $wipt_SoW($h_entry("%hi%")) = $h_SoWrt("%hi%") //set size of write for entry
  SET $wipt_AcL($h_entry("%hi%")) = $h_AsciL("%hi%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
  SET $wipt_Bit($h_entry("%hi%")) = $h_Bit("%hi%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 1) BEGIN
   READ_BYTE $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_r($h_entry("%hi%"))
  END
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 2) BEGIN
   READ_SHORT $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_r($h_entry("%hi%"))
  END
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 4) BEGIN
   READ_LONG $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_r($h_entry("%hi%"))
  END
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 8) AND ($h_AsciL("%hi%") = 8) BEGIN
   READ_ASCII $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_r($h_entry("%hi%")) (8) NULL
  END
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 8) AND ($h_AsciL("%hi%") = 32) BEGIN
   READ_ASCII $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_r($h_entry("%hi%")) (32) NULL
  END
 END
//begin ability to access abilities and effects
 SET wipt_abil_size = 0x38
 SET wipt_fx_size = 0x30
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_entry BEGIN abil_off abil_num fx_off eqfx_idx eqfx_num END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_offst BEGIN 0x64	 0x68	 0x6a   0x6e	 0x70	 END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_SoWrt BEGIN 4	    2	    4	  2	    2	    END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_AsciL BEGIN 0	    0	    0	  0	    0	    END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_Bit   BEGIN 0	    0	    0	  0	    0	    END
 FOR(hmi=0;hmi<5;hmi+=1)BEGIN
  SET $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hmi%")) = $h_offst("%hmi%") //set offset for entry
  SET $wipt_SoW($h_entry("%hmi%")) = $h_SoWrt("%hmi%") //set size of write for entry
  SET $wipt_AcL($h_entry("%hmi%")) = $h_AsciL("%hmi%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
  SET $wipt_Bit($h_entry("%hmi%")) = $h_Bit("%hmi%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hmi%") = 2) BEGIN
   READ_SHORT $h_offst("%hmi%") $wipt($h_entry("%hmi%"))
  END
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hmi%") = 4) BEGIN
   READ_LONG $h_offst("%hmi%") $wipt($h_entry("%hmi%"))
  END
 END
 SET wipt_total_fx = %wipt_eqfx_num%
//begin ability to read and edit Equipping effects
 FOR(el1=%wipt_eqfx_idx%;el1<%wipt_eqfx_num%;el1+=1)BEGIN
  SET wipt_fx_location=(%wipt_fx_off% + (%el1%*%wipt_fx_size%))
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_entry BEGIN opco targ powr par1 par2 tmod resi dura pro1 pro2 reso diet dies savt savb END
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_offst BEGIN 0x0  0x2  0x3  0x4  0x8  0xc  0xd  0xe  0x12 0x13 0x14 0x1c 0x20 0x24 0x28 END
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_SoWrt BEGIN 2    1    1    4    4    1    1    4    1    1    8    4    4    4    4    END
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_AsciL BEGIN 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    8    0    0    0    0    END
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_Bit   BEGIN 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    END
  FOR(ei=0;ei<15;ei+=1)BEGIN
   SET $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") = %wipt_fx_location% + $e_offst("%ei%") //set offset for entry
   SET $wipt_SoW($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") = $e_SoWrt("%ei%") //set size of write for entry
   SET $wipt_AcL($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") = $e_AsciL("%ei%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
   SET $wipt_Bit($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") = $e_Bit("%ei%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
   PATCH_IF ($e_SoWrt("%ei%") = 1) BEGIN
 READ_BYTE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_r($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%")
   END
   PATCH_IF ($e_SoWrt("%ei%") = 2) BEGIN
 READ_SHORT $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_r($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%")
   END
   PATCH_IF ($e_SoWrt("%ei%") = 4) BEGIN
 READ_LONG $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_r($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%")
   END
   PATCH_IF ($e_SoWrt("%ei%") = 8) AND ($e_AsciL("%ei%") = 8) BEGIN
 READ_ASCII $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_r($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") (8) NULL
   END
   PATCH_IF ($e_SoWrt("%ei%") = 8) AND ($e_AsciL("%ei%") = 32) BEGIN
 READ_ASCII $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_r($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") (32) NULL
   END
  END //end array loop
 END //end loop through equiping effects
//begin ability to read and edit ability headers
 FOR(al1=0;al1<%wipt_abil_num%;al1+=1)BEGIN
  SET wipt_abil_location=(%wipt_abil_off% + (%al1%*%wipt_abil_size%))
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_entry BEGIN attack id_req useloc useico target tarnum range projec speed thac0b dsides dthrow damagb damagt charge chardp flagb1 flagb2 proani ohand bhand thrust arrow bolt other END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_offst BEGIN 0x0    0x1    0x2    0x4    0xc    0xd    0xe   0x10   0x12  0x14   0x16   0x18   0x1a   0x1c   0x22   0x24   0x26   0x27   0x2a   0x2c  0x2e  0x30   0x32  0x34 0x36  END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_SoWrt BEGIN 1	  1	  1	  8	  1	  1	  2	 2	  2	 2	  2	  2	  2	  2	  2	  2	  1	  1	  2	  2	 2	 2	  2	 2    2	 END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_AsciL BEGIN 0	  0	  0	  8	  0	  0	  0	 0	  0	 0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	 0	 0	  0	 0    0	 END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_Bit   BEGIN 0	  1	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	 0	  0	 0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  1	  1	  0	  0	 0	 0	  0	 0    0	 END
  FOR(ai=0;ai<25;ai+=1)BEGIN
   SET $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") = %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ai%") //set offset for entry
   SET $wipt_SoW($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") = $a_SoWrt("%ai%") //set size of write for entry
   SET $wipt_AcL($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") = $a_AsciL("%ai%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
   SET $wipt_Bit($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") = $a_Bit("%ai%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
   PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 1) BEGIN
 READ_BYTE $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_r($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%")
   END
   PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 2) BEGIN
 READ_SHORT $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_r($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%")
   END //end short read compare write
   PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 4) BEGIN
 READ_LONG $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_r($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%")
   END //end long read compare write
   PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 8) AND ($a_AsciL("%ai%") = 8) BEGIN
 READ_ASCII $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_r($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") (8) NULL
   END
   PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 8) AND ($a_AsciL("%ai%") = 32) BEGIN
 READ_ASCII $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_r($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") (32) NULL
   END
  END
//begin ability to read and edit ability effects
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_entry BEGIN abilfx_num abilfx_idx END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_offst BEGIN 0x1e	   0x20	   END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_SoWrt BEGIN 2		  2		  END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_AsciL BEGIN 0		  0		  END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_Bit   BEGIN 0		  0		  END
  FOR(ami=0;ami<2;ami+=1)BEGIN
   SET $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ami%")"%al1%") = %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%") //set offset for entry
   PATCH_IF (%ami% = 0) BEGIN
 READ_SHORT %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%") $wipt_abilfx_num("%al1%")
   END
   PATCH_IF (%ami% = 1) BEGIN
 READ_SHORT %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%") $wipt_abilfx_idx("%al1%")
   END
  END
  SET wipt_total_fx+=$wipt_abilfx_num("%al1%")
  FOR(el2=$wipt_abilfx_idx("%al1%");el2<($wipt_abilfx_idx("%al1%")+$wipt_abilfx_num("%al1%"));el2+=1)BEGIN
   SET wipt_abilfx_location=(%wipt_fx_off% + (%el2%*%wipt_fx_size%))
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_entry BEGIN opco targ powr par1 par2 tmod resi dura pro1 pro2 reso diet dies savt savb END
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_offst BEGIN 0x0  0x2  0x3  0x4  0x8  0xc  0xd  0xe  0x12 0x13 0x14 0x1c 0x20 0x24 0x28 END
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_SoWrt BEGIN 2    1    1    4    4    1    1    4    1    1    8    4    4    4    4    END
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_AsciL BEGIN 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    8    0    0    0    0    END
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_Bit   BEGIN 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    END
   FOR(aei=0;aei<15;aei+=1)BEGIN
 SET $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") = %wipt_abilfx_location% + $ae_offst("%aei%") //set offset for entry
 SET $wipt_SoW($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") = $ae_SoWrt("%aei%") //set size of write for entry
 SET $wipt_AcL($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") = $ae_AsciL("%aei%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
 SET $wipt_Bit($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") = $ae_Bit("%aei%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
 PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 1) BEGIN
  READ_BYTE $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_r($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%")
 END //end byte read compare write
 PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 2) BEGIN
  READ_SHORT $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_r($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%")
 PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 4) BEGIN
  READ_LONG $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_r($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%")
 PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 8) AND ($ae_AsciL("%aei%") = 8) BEGIN
  READ_ASCII $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_r($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") (8) NULL
 END
 PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 8) AND ($ae_AsciL("%aei%") = 32) BEGIN
  READ_ASCII $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_r($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") (32) NULL
 END
   END
  END
 END //end ability header read
END
END//end function define
DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION ~wipt_item_writer~ BEGIN
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_entry BEGIN un  in  ri   fl1  fl2  fl3  fl4  it   u1   u2   u3   u4   ia   ml   ms   msb  k1   mi   k2   md   k3   mw   k4   mc   wp   mch  pr   st   ii   lo   gi   we   ud   id   di   en   END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_offst BEGIN 0x8 0xc 0x10 0x18 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1c 0x1e 0x1f 0x20 0x21 0x22 0x24 0x26 0x28 0x29 0x2a 0x2b 0x2c 0x2d 0x2e 0x2f 0x30 0x31 0x32 0x34 0x38 0x3a 0x42 0x44 0x4c 0x50 0x54 0x58 0x60 END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_SoWrt BEGIN 4   4   8    1    1    1    1    2    1    1    1    1    2    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    4    2    8    2    8    4    4    4    8    4    END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_AsciL BEGIN 0   0   8    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    8    0    8    0    0    0    8    0    END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_Bit   BEGIN 0   0   0    1    1    1    1    0    1    1    1    1    0    0    0    0    1    0    1    0    1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    END
 FOR(hi=0;hi<36;hi+=1)BEGIN
  SET $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) = $h_offst("%hi%") //set offset for entry
  SET $wipt_SoW($h_entry("%hi%")) = $h_SoWrt("%hi%") //set size of write for entry
  SET $wipt_AcL($h_entry("%hi%")) = $h_AsciL("%hi%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
  SET $wipt_Bit($h_entry("%hi%")) = $h_Bit("%hi%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
  PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET $wipt_w($h_entry("%hi%")) ) BEGIN
   PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 1) BEGIN
 WRITE_BYTE $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_w($h_entry("%hi%"))
   END
   PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 2) BEGIN
 WRITE_SHORT $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_w($h_entry("%hi%"))
   END
   PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 4) BEGIN
 WRITE_LONG $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_w($h_entry("%hi%"))
   END
   PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 8) AND ($h_AsciL("%hi%") = 8) BEGIN
 WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_w($h_entry("%hi%")) (8)
   END
   PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hi%") = 8) AND ($h_AsciL("%hi%") = 32) BEGIN
 WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hi%")) $wipt_w($h_entry("%hi%")) (32)
   END
  END
 END
//begin ability to access abilities and effects
//pre-set by using wipt_item_reader which will be a requirement
//  SET wipt_abil_size = 0x38
//  SET wipt_fx_size = 0x30
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_entry BEGIN abil_off abil_num fx_off eqfx_idx eqfx_num END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_offst BEGIN 0x64	 0x68	 0x6a   0x6e	 0x70	 END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_SoWrt BEGIN 4	    2	    4	  2	    2	    END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_AsciL BEGIN 0	    0	    0	  0	    0	    END
 DEFINE_ARRAY h_Bit   BEGIN 0	    0	    0	  0	    0	    END
 FOR(hmi=0;hmi<5;hmi+=1)BEGIN
  SET $wipt_Off($h_entry("%hmi%")) = $h_offst("%hmi%") //set offset for entry
  SET $wipt_SoW($h_entry("%hmi%")) = $h_SoWrt("%hmi%") //set size of write for entry
  SET $wipt_AcL($h_entry("%hmi%")) = $h_AsciL("%hmi%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
  SET $wipt_Bit($h_entry("%hmi%")) = $h_Bit("%hmi%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hmi%") = 2) BEGIN
   READ_SHORT $h_offst("%hmi%") $wipt($h_entry("%hmi%"))
  END
  PATCH_IF ($h_SoWrt("%hmi%") = 4) BEGIN
   READ_LONG $h_offst("%hmi%") $wipt($h_entry("%hmi%"))
  END
 END
//  SET wipt_total_fx = %wipt_eqfx_num%
//begin ability to read and edit Equipping effects
 FOR(el1=%wipt_eqfx_idx%;el1<%wipt_eqfx_num%;el1+=1)BEGIN
  SET wipt_fx_location=(%wipt_fx_off% + (%el1%*%wipt_fx_size%))
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_entry BEGIN opco targ powr par1 par2 tmod resi dura pro1 pro2 reso diet dies savt savb END
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_offst BEGIN 0x0  0x2  0x3  0x4  0x8  0xc  0xd  0xe  0x12 0x13 0x14 0x1c 0x20 0x24 0x28 END
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_SoWrt BEGIN 2    1    1    4    4    1    1    4    1    1    8    4    4    4    4    END
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_AsciL BEGIN 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    8    0    0    0    0    END
  DEFINE_ARRAY e_Bit   BEGIN 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    END
   SET $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") = %wipt_fx_location% + $e_offst("%ei%") //set offset for entry
   SET $wipt_SoW($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") = $e_SoWrt("%ei%") //set size of write for entry
   SET $wipt_AcL($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") = $e_AsciL("%ei%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
   SET $wipt_Bit($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") = $e_Bit("%ei%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
   PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET $wipt_w($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") ) BEGIN
  WRITE_BYTE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_w($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%")
 END
  WRITE_SHORT $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_w($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%")
 END
  WRITE_LONG $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_w($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%")
 END
  WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_w($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") (8)
 END
  WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") $wipt_w($e_entry("%ei%")"%el1%") (32)
 END
   END //end variable is set
  END //end array loop
 END //end loop through equiping effects
//begin ability to read and edit ability headers
  SET wipt_abil_location=(%wipt_abil_off% + (%al1%*%wipt_abil_size%))
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_entry BEGIN attack id_req useloc useico target tarnum range projec speed thac0b dsides dthrow damagb damagt charge chardp flagb1 flagb2 proani ohand bhand thrust arrow bolt other END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_offst BEGIN 0x0    0x1    0x2    0x4    0xc    0xd    0xe   0x10   0x12  0x14   0x16   0x18   0x1a   0x1c   0x22   0x24   0x26   0x27   0x2a   0x2c  0x2e  0x30   0x32  0x34 0x36  END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_SoWrt BEGIN 1	  1	  1	  8	  1	  1	  2	 2	  2	 2	  2	  2	  2	  2	  2	  2	  1	  1	  2	  2	 2	 2	  2	 2    2	 END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_AsciL BEGIN 0	  0	  0	  8	  0	  0	  0	 0	  0	 0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	 0	 0	  0	 0    0	 END
  DEFINE_ARRAY a_Bit   BEGIN 0	  1	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	 0	  0	 0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  1	  1	  0	  0	 0	 0	  0	 0    0	 END
  FOR(ai=0;ai<25;ai+=1)BEGIN
   SET $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") = %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ai%") //set offset for entry
   SET $wipt_SoW($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") = $a_SoWrt("%ai%") //set size of write for entry
   SET $wipt_AcL($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") = $a_AsciL("%ai%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
   SET $wipt_Bit($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") = $a_Bit("%ai%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
   PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET $wipt_w($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") ) BEGIN
 PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 1) BEGIN
  WRITE_BYTE $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_w($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%")
 END
 PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 2) BEGIN
  WRITE_SHORT $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_w($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%")
 PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 4) BEGIN
  WRITE_LONG $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_w($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%")
 PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 8) AND ($a_AsciL("%ai%") = 8) BEGIN
  WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_w($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") (8)
 END
 PATCH_IF ($a_SoWrt("%ai%") = 8) AND ($a_AsciL("%ai%") = 32) BEGIN
  WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") $wipt_w($a_entry("%ai%")"%al1%") (32)
 END
  END
   SET $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ami%")"%al1%") = %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%") //set offset for entry
   END
   END
  END
//   SET wipt_total_fx+=$wipt_abilfx_num("%al1%")
  FOR(el2=$wipt_abilfx_idx("%al1%");el2<($wipt_abilfx_idx("%al1%")+$wipt_abilfx_num("%al1%"));el2+=1)BEGIN
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_entry BEGIN opco targ powr par1 par2 tmod resi dura pro1 pro2 reso diet dies savt savb END
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_offst BEGIN 0x0  0x2  0x3  0x4  0x8  0xc  0xd  0xe  0x12 0x13 0x14 0x1c 0x20 0x24 0x28 END
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_SoWrt BEGIN 2    1    1    4    4    1    1    4    1    1    8    4    4    4    4    END
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_AsciL BEGIN 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    8    0    0    0    0    END
   DEFINE_ARRAY ae_Bit   BEGIN 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    END
   FOR(aei=0;aei<15;aei+=1)BEGIN
 SET $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") = %wipt_abilfx_location% + $ae_offst("%aei%") //set offset for entry
 SET $wipt_SoW($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") = $ae_SoWrt("%aei%") //set size of write for entry
 SET $wipt_AcL($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") = $ae_AsciL("%aei%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
 SET $wipt_Bit($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") = $ae_Bit("%aei%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
 PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET $wipt_w($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") ) BEGIN
  PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 1) BEGIN
   WRITE_BYTE $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_w($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%")
  END //end byte read compare write
  PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 2) BEGIN
   WRITE_SHORT $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_w($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%")
  PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 4) BEGIN
   WRITE_LONG $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_w($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%")
  PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 8) AND ($ae_AsciL("%aei%") = 8) BEGIN
   WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_r($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") (8)
  END
  PATCH_IF ($ae_SoWrt("%aei%") = 8) AND ($ae_AsciL("%aei%") = 32) BEGIN
   WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") $wipt_w($ae_entry("%aei%")"%el2%") (32)
  END
   END
  END
 END
END
END//end function define
//Used code from miloch to create the function...
DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION ~wipt_new_eqfx~ BEGIN
SET wipt_insert_loc = (%wipt_fx_off% + (%wipt_fx_size% * %wipt_eqfx_num%))
INSERT_BYTES %wipt_insert_loc% %wipt_fx_size%
SET wipt_fx_location=%wipt_insert_loc%
 SET $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) = %wipt_fx_location% + $e_offst("%ei%") //set offset for entry
 SET $wipt_SoW($e_entry("%ei%")) = $e_SoWrt("%ei%") //set size of write for entry
 SET $wipt_AcL($e_entry("%ei%")) = $e_AsciL("%ei%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
 SET $wipt_Bit($e_entry("%ei%")) = $e_Bit("%ei%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
 PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%")) ) BEGIN
   WRITE_BYTE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%"))
  END
   WRITE_SHORT $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%"))
  END
   WRITE_LONG $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%"))
  END
   WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%")) (8)
  END
   WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%")) (32)
  END
END //end array loop
WRITE_SHORT %wipt_Off_eqfx_num% (%wipt_eqfx_num% + 1)
FOR (i1 = 0; i1 < %wipt_abil_num%; i1 += 1) BEGIN //Update 1st effect indices
 PATCH_IF ($wipt_abilfx_idx("%i1%") > %wipt_eqfx_idx%) BEGIN //If ability after eq effects
  WRITE_SHORT $wipt_Off_abilfx_idx("%i1%") ($wipt_abilfx_idx("%i1%") + 1) //Increase 1st effect index by 1
 END
END
END //end function define
//add new ability effects
DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION ~wipt_new_abilfx~ BEGIN
PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET %wipt_abil_idx%) BEGIN
  PATCH_IF (%wipt_abil_idx% = %al1%) BEGIN
  WRITE_SHORT %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%") ($wipt_abilfx_num("%al1%") + 1) //update current working ability's # of effects
 END
  SET wipt_updatebeyondthis = $wipt_abilfx_idx("%al1%")
 END
   END
   SET wipt_total_fx+=$wipt_abilfx_num("%al1%")
 SET wipt_insert_loc = (%wipt_abilfx_location% + ($wipt_abilfx_num("%al1%") * %wipt_fx_size%))
 INSERT_BYTES %wipt_insert_loc% %wipt_fx_size%
 SET wipt_fx_location=%wipt_insert_loc%
  SET $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) = %wipt_fx_location% + $e_offst("%ei%") //set offset for entry
  SET $wipt_SoW($e_entry("%ei%")) = $e_SoWrt("%ei%") //set size of write for entry
  SET $wipt_AcL($e_entry("%ei%")) = $e_AsciL("%ei%") //set ascii length 0 = non-ascii; 8 = file name ascii; 32 = name & variable ascii
  SET $wipt_Bit($e_entry("%ei%")) = $e_Bit("%ei%")   //set whether entry should be written in bit format
  PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%")) ) BEGIN
    WRITE_BYTE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%"))
   END
    WRITE_SHORT $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%"))
   END
    WRITE_LONG $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%"))
   END
    WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%")) (8)
   END
    WRITE_ASCIIE $wipt_Off($e_entry("%ei%")) $wipt_n($e_entry("%ei%")) (32)
   END
 END //end array loop
   END
  END ELSE BEGIN
   FOR(al2=0;al2<%wipt_abil_num%;al2+=1)BEGIN
  SET $wipt_Off($a_entry("%ami%")"%al2%") = %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%") //set offset for entry
   READ_SHORT %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%") $wipt_abilfx_num("%al2%")
  END
   READ_SHORT %wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%") $wipt_abilfx_idx("%al2%")
   PATCH_IF ($wipt_abilfx_idx("%al2%") > %wipt_updatebeyondthis%) BEGIN
    WRITE_SHORT (%wipt_abil_location% + $a_offst("%ami%")) ($wipt_abilfx_idx("%al2%") + 1 )
   END
  END
 END
   END
   SET al1 = %wipt_abil_num%
  END
 END
END
END //end function define

I replaced the wipt.tph with yours, problem remained. Changed the tp2 to your method (no ALLOW_MISSING) and it worked. I wonder, could it be a problem with WeiDU231? Don't know but it's working now. Thanks again.

possibly ALLOW_MISSING has always been flaky at best

It is better to actually check with a FILE_EXIST_IN_GAME at the patch. Doing so allows you to lump together files from BG & ToTSC without having to worry about doing game specific checks. Yes about 2-4 extra lines of code per patch, but saves duplicating code for different platforms.

Archived