Fallen Paladins

leania

Hello, I wanna start new topic, which is related with Paladins.

I think Paladins are quite balanced class, but I have some opinion for it.

As you know, There are two powerful weapons for Paladins; The first one is Carsomyr which is very famous for BG users, and the second one is Unholy Reaver which is a sort of evil Carsomyr.

Unholy Reaver +5

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +25% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispel: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Unholy: deals additional damage against creatures of good alignment

THAC0: +5 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 5, +5 vs. good creatures

Usable By:

Anti-paladin

Only fallen paladins can use the sword, however, as you know, fallen paladins are just the weakest warriors that lost all of their personalities. So I think one of kits (Imo Undead Hunter is suitable) would be better to be changed as anti-paladin though It's not 'revision'.

What do you think about it?

Well, there's already an Anti-paladin kit in the TDD and it's inherited kit packs ... and the term comes from the encounter where the Githyanki try to get the silver blade and drop this, and originally it's not usable by anyone.
Well, there's already an Anti-paladin kit in the TDD and it's inherited kit packs ... and the term comes from the encounter where the Githyanki try to get the silver blade and drop this, and originally it's not usable by anyone.

Yea, I know the original Unholy Reaver can't use anyone... But Demi makes it to be used by fallen paladins. That's why I thought Anti-paladin needs.

Finally BGEE added Blackguard kit! :D

Now we can give Unholy Reaver +5 for him...

LOL. Btw, now I'm really curious to know how they will handle the whole "fallen/evil paladin" thing. Do they removed the current hardcoded behaviour? OR is the Blackguard going to be a fighter kit? We'll see.

On a side note, I really hope they fix the Monk class too considering one of the new NPCs belongs to that class. Right now it's a buggy hardcoded mess (e.g. Monk's AC is handled in a way which ruins the use of Bracers of Armor).

Could they of created Blackguard as a new class instead of making a Blackguard a "Kit"? If not, I would think Fighter would have to be the base class the kit falls under.
Yeah, my best bet is that they made it as a Fighter kit, but it's far from an optimal solution (e.g. no spellcasting) thus I do hope they'll surprise me in some way.

Archived