Possibly stupid question

Tatyan

Hello^^

I just wanted to say I enjoyed Gavin tremendously. He is probably THE best NPC in any RPG I have ever played (and I played quite a lot of them). Surely the best on BG, at least for me.

You did an amazing job.

The only thing that upset me was the whole 4th Edition Ending. I am one of the many who hate the Hasbro with a passion for the FR 4th edition, and the ending was kind of a cold shower. Still, I still think the mod was absolutly wonderful, and, considering my feeling about the aforementioned 4th edition, it is a lot^^

Now, the stupid question. I would love to write a fanfiction involving Gavin and a PC. Would that offend you? I would put on the credit that Gavin is yours. I would change the ending a bit, though, but almost everything else would be like you had made it (I saved the conversation I choose. Well, I told you I loved the mod!). Can I? I won't write if you say me not to^^

Thank you. And sorry for my english, I am Italian :)

Tiziana

Don't worry about offending me! And feel free to change the ending as you please. Like most modders, I do try to give the player at least a little control over the epilogue, but there isn't really a lot I can do. That issue you point out, how your epilogue preferences differ from what's in the mod, are the reason I hate writing epilogues as much as I do. There's no way to make everybody happy.

Edit: Though this is good news, in a way. I've been waiting to see if anybody made it through to the end. I put it through some serious testing before I released the beta, but you never know. I didn't include every possible party combination. Things have been quiet, so I wasn't sure whether anybody else completed it. Now I know.

Ah! I had a problem in SoA, when I spoke with the second cleric of Oghma (not the first one you meet entering the temple in the dock, the other) after the meeting with Bodhi (awh, poor Gavin!). I don't know if it is about your mod or general, but I thought worth mentioning.

And, by the way, Gavin is absolutly amazing. Don't worry about epilogues^^ Everyone can thinks its own, after all :D

I'll write then^^ thank you!

Archived