v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

Oops speak too soon. Seems the game crashes back to the desktop each and every time I enter the Black Temple (AR8012).

Either the side enterance or main bottom entrance.

[Tue 10 Jan 2012 21:07:43] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x9CA972 File: ChVidImage.cpp Line: 811 Expression: FALSE Message: GetCurrentCenterPoint: VidCell has no res associated with it.

[Tue 10 Jan 2012 21:07:43] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x9CAFFB File: ChVidImage.cpp Line: 940 Expression: FALSE Message: GetCurrentFrameSize: VidCell has no res associated with it.

[Tue 10 Jan 2012 21:07:43] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x9CA972 File: ChVidImage.cpp Line: 811 Expression: FALSE Message: GetCurrentCenterPoint: VidCell has no res associated with it.

[Tue 10 Jan 2012 21:07:43] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x9CAFFB File: ChVidImage.cpp Line: 940 Expression: FALSE Message: GetCurrentFrameSize: VidCell has no res associated with it.

Faulting application name: BGMain.exe, version: 2.5.0.2, time stamp: 0x3b71b6f4

Faulting module name: BGMain.exe, version: 2.5.0.2, time stamp: 0x3b71b6f4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x005ca8a8

Faulting process id: 0xef0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cccf8503e7731e

Faulting application path: C:\Games\IWDAdvanced\BGMain.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Games\IWDAdvanced\BGMain.exe

Report Id: 54a96f20-3b78-11e1-bb1c-001a4d4441fe

Old Dorns Palace Level 1.

According to the quest/walkthrough guides, Flozem is supposed to be hostile once Fleezum is killed.

I killed Fleezum, and saw someone speaking down the hall (Flozem).

But when i went to see Flozem i was able to talk to him, abeit with limited options, but he wasnt hostile, nor did any of the conversation choices end up with him hostile.

Okay:

- AR8012 crash: this is an unforeseen consequence of the new method for converting animations.

- umber hulks: I can't reproduce this. On my install they take about 2 second to spawn. (Ideally this would be 1 second faster, but short of handcrafting this - which at the moment isn't a priority - it's not easy to fix. Likewise, there should be a visible explosion, but I'm not prioritising fixing that.)

- Kontik's ring: goodness knows what my code was doing to it...

- Fleezum/Flozem: I don't actually understand how this could have been working in IWD, but it works properly now.

v7.4 will be uploaded in the next few minutes.

Tried v7.4.

Black temple fixed - both enterances work good.

ditto with Kontiks ring and fleezum/flozum.

Found another minor bug in Malavon's Chambers (AR8010).

In the smaller first circular room, where the real Malavon spawns after the fake is dead, there is a golden bubble there (but nothing in it) before even engaging the fake Malavon.

Entered Kresselack's Tomb (AR3501) and had it CTD upon killing a skeleton archer. Several tries and only one archer didn't (the second did). It happens in both single and multiplayer. Here's the relevant section of the TobEx.log.

[Wed 11 Jan 2012 19:54:38] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x6444E0 File: CStore.cpp Line: 241 Expression: pData != NULL Message: (null)
[Wed 11 Jan 2012 19:54:38] ASSERTION FAILED!
File: CStore.cpp
Line: 241
Exp: pData != NULL
Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

This makes it a game killer as it stands. I have installed the 7.4 fix.

Another bug - bit of an odd one.

I saved a quicksave last night, Right at the entrance of Poquelin's Cave (AR8013) - Just before you walk forward, see Poquelin and initiate dialog>combat.

I also have an autosave that was created after I hurt Poquelin and we got the automatic port back to Easthaven.

Now today both saves are not loadable - both CTD with the Error

"An Assrtion failed in ObjCreature.cpp at line number 12239."

ToBex.log reports the following - But note that all apart from the last line are always there.

[Thu 12 Jan 2012 17:28:19] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x97271D File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 4983 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUIPR panel 2 (priest book)

[Thu 12 Jan 2012 17:28:19] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x97271D File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 4983 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUIPR panel 2 (priest book)

[Thu 12 Jan 2012 17:28:20] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BAA21 File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12239 Expression: tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel >= 0 && tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel < MAX_SPELL_LEVELS_MAGE Message: (null)

My game last night had no crashes and i exited normally.

An earlier savegame back in Marketh's chambers works fine - which I suspect was created previous to 7.4 install (but can't be certain).

Loading that savegame, saving it to a different slot, quitting and reloading that newly created save works.

All yours Dave :O)

OK, version 7.5 is out and fixes the Malavon golden globe and the crashes that Grogerson is having. (Though you'll have to go back to a save before you entered AR3501). I'm actually a bit puzzled as to how masterpoobar managed to get past Kresselack without that bug triggering - had you already got that far in v6?

I can't reproduce the AR8013 save crash. Masterpoobar, can you reproduce it? - i.e. does the same thing happen if you repeat the battle with Poquelin from your previous save? If so, can you email me the savegame at david dot wallace at balliol dot ox dot ac dot uk?

Yes, I believe i was past him when v7 is out.

Oh and the save crash is not limited to AR8013.

Just out of a suspicion I reloaded an earlier save, pre malavon, pre marketh death save.

Kept on playing with this and reloading my saves often - and it started CTD again on loading a save game just as I reached Old Dorn's Palace 2 (AR8007).

As I'm newly rested, it might have something to do with the spells or number of spells I have memorized?

I'll flick you my bugged quick save in just a minute.

Okay, I now understand masterpoobar's crash. Monster Summoning VII was being erroneously marked as 10th level. I do this to stop sorcerors getting access to BG2 spells not in IWD. But I accidentally included MS7 in the list. Since scrolls of it are still in the game, you can learn it, and then the game panics when it sees that you know a tenth-level spell.

v9.6 will be up shortly to fix this (and only this, so if you don't want to update, just remember not to learn MS7!)

EDIT: v9.6 is now out.

[T]he game panics when it sees that you know a tenth-level spell.

And for good reason:
After Mystryl was slain, the goddess of Magic reincarnated within moments as Mystra and her first priority was to recreate the weave of magic. But she established new rules for using magic, and no spell of 10th level or above would function.

:D [/nerd]

Archived