v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

W_PackMule

Would you consider calling this mod compatible? As of v 1.1 it now adds a mule to Kuldahar in IWD-in-BG2, per request.

I've got a question regarding the PackMule mod. I tried installing it, but apparently it needs IA. Is IA compatible with IWD-in-BG2 in any way? I've also asked the author of this mod how to get it to work.

The relevant component of IA is already included in IWD-in-BG2, in fact. So if you edit setup-w_packmule.tp2 in notepad and remove the line that says REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ "0" @20, it should install fine. (Warning: I haven't tested this.)

Ah great, I actually thought something like this was the case - just as 1PP is included. I'll test and see what happens :)

EDIT: Yep, that installed correctly. I commented out the two instances of IA check (one for each component) and it worked well. I'll test this mod and see if works alright with IWD-in-BG2.

Oh, and thanks for your prompt reply David!

Here's another bug, but I didn't find out about it until this morning. Sadly, my foray into Kresselack's tomb was completely lost. Quick Save and Autosave crashed to desktop. I've tracked it to this. I tried to memorize the Blindness scroll from the mummy's treasures in AR3501 and it vanished. No memorization, no sound and no scroll afterward. From the TobEx.log:

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][Fri 13 Jan 2012 10:52:42] CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 2213, 1356 ) #:10223772 R:14
[Fri 13 Jan 2012 10:52:42] Could Not Find Resource: 2MBAR1_M.BMP
[Fri 13 Jan 2012 10:52:42] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::AddToArea id = 10289309 ; Name = Holvir; AreaName = AR3501
[Fri 13 Jan 2012 10:52:42] CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 2200, 1326 ) #:10289309 R:14
[Fri 13 Jan 2012 10:52:42] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::AddToArea id = 10354846 ; Name = Severn; AreaName = AR3501
[Fri 13 Jan 2012 10:52:42] CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 2240, 1374 ) #:10354846 R:14
[Fri 13 Jan 2012 10:52:42] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BAA21 File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12239 Expression: tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel >= 0 && tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel < MAX_SPELL_LEVELS_MAGE Message: (null)
[Fri 13 Jan 2012 10:52:42] ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjCreature.cpp
Line: 12239
Exp: tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel >= 0 && tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel < MAX_SPELL_LEVELS_MAGE
Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?[/font]

No crash occurred before this, but only after attempting to learn this spell, and this spell only. All others so far are good.

OK, this is (a variant of) the same bug that afflicted masterpoobaa (I should obviously have done a more systematic check; I'll do so now.) I can restore your quick/auto-save if you like (email it to david dot wallace at balliol dot ox dot ac dot uk.)

V7.7 is out and fixes the problem Grogerson identified (I hope). If you can't be bothered to upgrade right now, just avoid learning the Blindness spell.

I feel some obligation to point out that this will break savegames for anyone who has a sorcerer who learned Spook, or a wizard who took it at L1, and who isn't playing with BG2 spells installed. If this is you, delete spwi125.spl from the override folder.

I've just finished with the Vale of Shadows and its on to the Forgotten Temple. Only one item of note.

When I confronted Lysan the five yeti guards were slow to appear. I ran the combat twice. The first time only one appeared before she was killed, the remaining four afterward, even after the lesser shadow appeared. The second time four of the five appeared before she died, the fifth after (but before the lesser shadow appeared).

As for the Blindness scroll, it's in inventory. If I delete spwi125.spl from the override will I be able to memorize it?

Bug: Drow Merchant Nym doesn't fight back.

When you attack the Drow Merchant Nym in the Gnome Village (AR8004), he teleports away - up to the humming stone circle.

But when you arrive to finish him off, he just stands there, facing away from you.

I tried it 2 different ways:

Everybody down the bottom, attack Nym, then go up to finish him off

as well as

5 party members up the top waiting, and one down the bottom to talk to nym and trigger his teleport. Neither prompt Nym to fight back.

When you port into frosty Easthaven, within a short period of time i had 6-8 squirrels following me. Is this normal? :)

I've just finished with the Vale of Shadows and its on to the Forgotten Temple. Only one item of note.

When I confronted Lysan the five yeti guards were slow to appear. I ran the combat twice. The first time only one appeared before she was killed, the remaining four afterward, even after the lesser shadow appeared. The second time four of the five appeared before she died, the fifth after (but before the lesser shadow appeared).

How quickly are you killing her? On my install they turn up about 4-5 seconds after the end of the conversation (compared with 2-3 seconds in the vanilla game).

As for the Blindness scroll, it's in inventory. If I delete spwi125.spl from the override will I be able to memorize it?

I'm confused. I meant "Spook" in the previous post, it wasn't a typo. Blindness is fine.

Bug: Drow Merchant Nym doesn't fight back.

When you attack the Drow Merchant Nym in the Gnome Village (AR8004), he teleports away - up to the humming stone circle.

But when you arrive to finish him off, he just stands there, facing away from you.

I tried it 2 different ways:

Everybody down the bottom, attack Nym, then go up to finish him off

as well as

5 party members up the top waiting, and one down the bottom to talk to nym and trigger his teleport. Neither prompt Nym to fight back.

Odd... I can't actually see why he would attack in the original game either. Still, fixed locally.

When you port into frosty Easthaven, within a short period of time i had 6-8 squirrels following me. Is this normal? :)

Nope. They're a malfunctioning bit of an easter egg (if you kill the squirrel that the cyclops is trying to stomp, you get mobbed by squirrels). Fixed locally.

I won't bother uploading fixes for these yet, since they're non-critical. If the squirrels annoy you, CTRL-Y them.

Well up to doing some HoW testing now. Gonna see if i can burn my way through HoW then start IWD back and run through start > lower dorns to see if there are any missed bugs.

On the Burial Isle, the spirit wolves and spirit bears are neutral? (light blue circles). They run up and just stand infront my main character. I can attack and they just stand there and don't turn hostile. Good cheap exp!

Edion's Ring of Wizardry (RINGED.ITM) gives double 3rd level spells, rather than double 5th as the item description says.

Also - and im not sure when - my boots of speed have run out of juice! ive lost my double movement speed - possibly around the time you edited my savegame. No biggie if its just my save thats the issue :)

How quickly are you killing her? On my install they turn up about 4-5 seconds after the end of the conversation (compared with 2-3 seconds in the vanilla game).

It was much longer than 4-5 seconds. Lysan is immune to missile weapons so she has to be engaged in melee. My main character, a barbarian, ran around to deal with her while the rest dealt with yeti. The first time I'd say she fell after a minimum of twenty seconds. The second time was much longer - she charmed the barbarian and had time to come around and engage the rest of the party.

I'm confused. I meant "Spook" in the previous post, it wasn't a typo. Blindness is fine.

The reason I ask is because Blindness is the scroll that gave me trouble. Are you saying "Spook" is interfering with it, and by removing spwi125.spl the conflict is removed?

In both IWD and BGT I used aTweaks Simple Thief script and Simple Bard script, and I would really like to be able to use them in IWD-in-BG2, mostly for the superior Bard-script - of which there are none by default. I believe they are different depending on what game they install in, so I tried moving both variants to IWD-in-BG2 script folder (the installer refuses to install), but neither work.

I thought BG2 (or IWD) scripts would work, why don't they? And is there anything I can do myself, or kindly ask aVENGER to do?

I've attached the BG2 variant scripts, if you want to peruse them.

aTweakscript.zip

Paladin Lay on Hands bug

Description: Paladin kits which should not have Lay on Hands (Inquisitor and Undead Hunter) cast it on rest.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a singleplayer game (with IWD NPC's or IWD-in-BG2 NPC's available)

2. Create an Inquisitor or UH.

3. Let one NPC join you, and hit your Inq/UH with fists for <8 HP damage.

4. Make sure "rest until healed" is not activated. Rest at the inn in a peasant room.

Expected behaviour: The Inq/UH should regain 1 HP.

Actual behaviour: The Inq/UH regains 6 HP.

Other: I've tried this with all kinds of combinations of multiplayer/singleplayer (MP behaviour is hard to figure out with "rest until healed" activated) and all Paladin kits and no-kitted Paladin, as well as other classes getting hit with Paladins in party. As far as I can tell, with a Paladin in the party you get a message on rest that says "Healing spells cast on rest" no matter if the Paladin is actually capable of casting any healing spell or not. Also, the amount of healing seems weird - it seems to average 5 HP. For comparison, it works as expected in a BG2 (BGT) game, as far as I can tell.

Reform party graphic glitch

If you click reform party in single player - in Record - the entire "DONE" button is misaligned, with the frame even removed from the text - causing a graphical artefact (not visible in the screenshot). In MP, the frame is correctly over the text, but the button is still misaligned. See screenshots.

post-2725-0-53041300-1326581976_thumb.jpg

post-2725-0-35568700-1326581990_thumb.jpg

Something strange is happening with my Exp gains - having trouble pinning it down.

My multi-class characters exp seems to keep being reset to just under 1million per class (around 2,950,000 exp).

Trying to figure out what.

Ive got the BG2 Lev50 rulepack installed, and the max exp values for all classes are set to -1 so its not that.

I can go above this exp level by killing mobs, but something keeps resetting it back down.

Also the Spell Deathfog (cast from spellbook) has no cloud animation.

I tried casting it on 1 of my characters - it seemed to do an initial 6 points of damage, but that was it. No cloud, no damage over time.

Archived