v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

I've just finished with the Vale of Shadows and its on to the Forgotten Temple. Only one item of note.

When I confronted Lysan the five yeti guards were slow to appear. I ran the combat twice. The first time only one appeared before she was killed, the remaining four afterward, even after the lesser shadow appeared. The second time four of the five appeared before she died, the fifth after (but before the lesser shadow appeared).

How quickly are you killing her? On my install they turn up about 4-5 seconds after the end of the conversation (compared with 2-3 seconds in the vanilla game).

It was much longer than 4-5 seconds. Lysan is immune to missile weapons so she has to be engaged in melee. My main character, a barbarian, ran around to deal with her while the rest dealt with yeti. The first time I'd say she fell after a minimum of twenty seconds. The second time was much longer - she charmed the barbarian and had time to come around and engage the rest of the party.

Could someone else test this for me, please? The simplest way is to create a character (or use one who hasn't got that far yet), do CLUAConsole(SetGlobal("KRESS_QUEST","GLOBAL",3) at the console, beam to AR3000, CTRL-J to the entrance of Lysan's cave, and then go in. (Don't jump straight to the cave, you'll appear somewhere odd.)

As for the Blindness scroll, it's in inventory. If I delete spwi125.spl from the override will I be able to memorize it?

I'm confused. I meant "Spook" in the previous post, it wasn't a typo. Blindness is fine.

The reason I ask is because Blindness is the scroll that gave me trouble. Are you saying "Spook" is interfering with it, and by removing spwi125.spl the conflict is removed?

No, I'm saying exactly what I said: that the Blindness bug is (I hope) fixed but part of the bugfix I did to fix it will break previous saved games in the rather specific situation I described. If you're not in that situation, don't worry about it.

Update: Its saving & reloading that is resetting my exp to 2,949,999 (983,333/983,333/983,333).

Why 2,950,000 i wonder?

Anyone having this issue with single/dual class chars?

The game's enforcing the SoA experience cap for some reason. I can reproduce it; I don't currently understand it; I'll look into it. (Though how you've managed to get 3 million XP by the end of IWD I've no idea...)

In both IWD and BGT I used aTweaks Simple Thief script and Simple Bard script, and I would really like to be able to use them in IWD-in-BG2, mostly for the superior Bard-script - of which there are none by default. I believe they are different depending on what game they install in, so I tried moving both variants to IWD-in-BG2 script folder (the installer refuses to install), but neither work.

I thought BG2 (or IWD) scripts would work, why don't they? And is there anything I can do myself, or kindly ask aVENGER to do?

I've attached the BG2 variant scripts, if you want to peruse them.

On lines 1526 and 1557 of atweaks\setup-atweaks.tp2, you'll find this:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc bgt soa tob totlm iwd2~ @92

Change it to this:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc bgt soa tob totlm iwd2 iwd_in_bg2~ @92

On line 16 of atweaks\lib\comp_vars.tpa, you'll find this:

END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~soa tob~ BEGIN

Change it to this:

END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~soa tob iwd_in_bg2~ BEGIN

That will make atweaks think you've got a regular BG2 installation and allow the component to install. I haven't tested whether it actually works.

Could someone else test this for me, please? The simplest way is to create a character (or use one who hasn't got that far yet), do CLUAConsole(SetGlobal("KRESS_QUEST","GLOBAL",3) at the console, beam to AR3000, CTRL-J to the entrance of Lysan's cave, and then go in. (Don't jump straight to the cave, you'll appear somewhere odd.)

Tested, steps:

Test1

1. Created Monk.

2. Gave 550k XP and leveled

3. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("KRESS_QUEST","GLOBAL",3)

4. CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3000")

5. CLUAConsole:ExploreArea()

6. Ctrl-J to Lysans cave.

7. A Yeti Chieftain stood guard outside, engaged in melee and had a CTD after 10 seconds.

Test2

1-6 above.

7. Killed the YC, looted a magical short bow (? EDIT: correct random item) and went inside.

8. When I came close (middle of cave, visual range) to Lysan she engaged in conversation. I told her I was looking for a Frostmaiden, and gave the reply about "faith". Se dismissed me. I could then move into melee range and talk again, then I asked again but this time did the "important question". She spilled the beans and I then killed her without any monsters spawning (within visual range, at least).

9. Moved to entrance, a Shadow and three Yetis appeared. Shadow thanked me and disappeared, and Yetis then engaged in melee.

Test3

1-7 above.

8. Again, when in visual range she forced conversation. This time I went with "kill you". She went hostile, started a spell, and after maybe 2-3 seconds three Yetis spawned, initially blue-circled, and went hostile one after another, then a fourth Yeti spawned next to Lysan (that didn't happen in Test2) and went hostile. When I moved against her I spotted a fifth Yeti in the corner (didn't spawn last time either). Promptly got mobbed and died.

Test4

1-7 above, EXCEPT setting the Global.

8. Killed five Yetis.

9. Went outside, set Global, went inside.

10. Lysan engaged in conversation, I told her I'm going to hit her in the face, she cast Charm person and four Yetis spawned and went hostile within 1-2 seconds.

Test5

1-9 above.

10. Said "farewell" (immediately) and then talked again - now in melee range. She cast Charm person and three Yetis spawned.

Conclusion: The number of Yetis seem to vary, which is odd. Also, choosing conversation options "farewell (immediately)" or "faith" is somewhat of an exploit, as you can then go stand next to Lysan and promptly smash her before she can do anything. That might be vanilla behaviour though.

Do you need more testing?

That will make atweaks think you've got a regular BG2 installation and allow the component to install. I haven't tested whether it actually works.

Oh, that actually works beautifully. It both installs and works flawlessly in game. Thank you!

The game's enforcing the SoA experience cap for some reason. I can reproduce it; I don't currently understand it; I'll look into it. (Though how you've managed to get 3 million XP by the end of IWD I've no idea...)

Does IWD-in-BG2 do anything to xnewarea.2da, say, by removing WK? If the file is empty the game starts enforcing the SoA xp cap. Just throwing it out there.

It seems that STATE.IDS of IWD-in-BG2 is missing 0x02000000 STATE_DRAWUPONHOLYMIGHT. Or rather, it was replaced with 0x02000000 STATE_FADE_IN.

I'm reasonably sure that you can have multiple descriptors for the same hexadecimal entry so it might be a good idea to leave Holy Might in there for compatibility reasons.

Archived