[alpha release] Enhanced Creatures

aigleborgne

Hello,

I have released an alpha release on my mod, it is just a demonstration of what I have done.

It is an AI mod like SCS designed for BG1 tutu.

Feedbacks can be post here as only premium members can post in BWL.

Here is the link to the forum:

http://forums.blackw...hp?showforum=91

You can download there:

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/53517-alpha-release-enhanced-creatures/#entry531139

Your project looks good.

Would you consider to add the following in future releases?

Umber hulks should have 9 HD (actually 8 + 8, but effectively 9), better saving throws, and not be insta-killed by cloud kill or death spell.

The natural attack of large creatures (glabrezu, otyugh, bone golem) should have a range of 2 or better (judging by the animation, they have at least the reach of a spear) for dragons, probably a range of 3+. SCS currently does this for golems, but no other creature.

Since you've externalized a basilisk's gaze as an area spell, perhaps make it a cone-shape so it doesn't hit creatures the basilisk isn't facing. The same could be done for mind-flayers psionic blast, which is also supposed to be a cone.

It is a BG1 mod (tutu) so BG2 monsters are not in my perimeter.

As for Basilisk's gaze. It is not petrification, which is also now a spell but not area. I don't really know how it is supposed to use petrification, P&P manual is evasive.

So, I used an autocast petrification spell that random target someone each round.

It's greater basilisk foul breath, and I know it should be a small cone but right now, i'm not familiar with projectile.

Currently, I put a very small circle, it shouldn't touch target behind (at least, in my tests, it didn't). More or less, it only touch the 3-4 target right in front of and less than 3 range.

But well, purpose of this release is adventurers like Cythrandia, Davaeorn ...

Your project looks good.

Would you consider to add the following in future releases?

Umber hulks should have 9 HD (actually 8 + 8, but effectively 9), better saving throws, and not be insta-killed by cloud kill or death spell.

The natural attack of large creatures (glabrezu, otyugh, bone golem) should have a range of 2 or better (judging by the animation, they have at least the reach of a spear) for dragons, probably a range of 3+. SCS currently does this for golems, but no other creature.

Since you've externalized a basilisk's gaze as an area spell, perhaps make it a cone-shape so it doesn't hit creatures the basilisk isn't facing. The same could be done for mind-flayers psionic blast, which is also supposed to be a cone.

It is a BG1 mod (tutu) so BG2 monsters are not in my perimeter.

As for Basilisk's gaze. It is not petrification, which is also now a spell but not area. I don't really know how it is supposed to use petrification, P&P manual is evasive.

So, I used an autocast petrification spell that random target someone each round.

It's greater basilisk foul breath, and I know it should be a small cone but right now, i'm not familiar with projectile.

Both 2 & 3rd ed suggest gaze attacks can affect everyone in line of sight of the creature (unless the MM entry says it's single target).

If you want a cone projectile here is one I just made, party-friendly (as creatures can choose who to gaze) 30 ft long cone with 90' degree arc (but no set-off animation like cone of cold). Since some mods introduce items/spell to protect from gaze attacks (usually by projectile type), you can trigger a secondary spell through 146 which uses the regular gaze projectile.

I have used and tested your projectile, it works perfectly as I wanted :)

Althrough I didn't implement something about gaze attack protection.

Thanks for your projectile

Both 2 & 3rd ed suggest gaze attacks can affect everyone in line of sight of the creature (unless the MM entry says it's single target).

If you want a cone projectile here is one I just made, party-friendly (as creatures can choose who to gaze) 30 ft long cone with 90' degree arc (but no set-off animation like cone of cold). Since some mods introduce items/spell to protect from gaze attacks (usually by projectile type), you can trigger a secondary spell through 146 which uses the regular gaze projectile.

Archived