problems with installing

blinky501

hi i was installing scs II for a new run through of bg2 and while trying to install the iniatilize components

part of the mod it gave me an error and told me to email davidw at these forums i have not been able to

find his email addy so does anybody have it

thanks

hi i was installing scs II for a new run through of bg2 and while trying to install the iniatilize components

part of the mod it gave me an error and told me to email davidw at these forums i have not been able to

find his email addy so does anybody have it

Actually that's automatic message, that's not completelly what it means on coding point of stand, it just identifies the author of the mod, if it wanted you to actually Email the address, it would give you the link.

It's in your best instest to just open the setup-SCS.debug file with Notepad and copy paste the info to a post here, for example in this thread, as it's already here.

the file was really long but here is where i think it messes up

Installing TobEx...

Creating 1 directory

Copying 1 file ...

[scsii/TobEx_redist/TobExLoader.exe] loaded, 53760 bytes

Copied [scsii/TobEx_redist/TobExLoader.exe] to [TobExLoader.exe]

Copying 1 file ...

[scsii/TobEx_redist/detoured.dll] loaded, 4096 bytes

Copied [scsii/TobEx_redist/detoured.dll] to [detoured.dll]

Copying 1 file ...

[scsii/TobEx_redist/TobEx.dll] loaded, 581120 bytes

Copied [scsii/TobEx_redist/TobEx.dll] to [TobEx.dll]

Copying 1 file ...

[scsii/TobEx_redist/default_core.ini] loaded, 2963 bytes

Copied [scsii/TobEx_redist/default_core.ini] to [TobEx_ini/TobExCore.ini]

Copying 1 file ...

[scsii/TobEx_redist/default_tweak.ini] loaded, 205 bytes

Copied [scsii/TobEx_redist/default_tweak.ini] to [TobEx_ini/TobExTweak.ini]

Copying 1 file ...

[scsii/TobEx_redist/TobEx_ini.txt] loaded, 73654 bytes

Copied [scsii/TobEx_redist/TobEx_ini.txt] to [TobEx_ini/TobEx_ini.txt]

Copying 1 file ...

[scsii/TobEx_redist/TobExVer.txt] loaded, 2 bytes

Copied [scsii/TobEx_redist/TobExVer.txt] to [TobEx_ini/TobExVer.txt]

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[bgmain.exe] loaded, 7831598 bytes

FAILURE:

TobEx EXE patch: Target bytes don't match, aborting...

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [bgmain.exe] -> [bgmain.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("TobEx EXE patch: Target bytes don't match, aborting..."))

ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [scsii/backup/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "scsii/backup/1000/OTHER.1000")

[scsii/backup/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Your version of the main Baldur's Gate executable (bgmain.exe) is non-standard in some way - maybe corrupt, maybe modified by some other mod, maybe just from some very non-standard release of the game.

This probably indicates some deeper problem with your install that you need to solve. But if you want to just work around it, edit scsii/scsii.ini and change "Disable_ToBEx 0" to "Disable_ToBEx 1", then try to reinstall the component. If that doesn't work (or if it appears to work, but BG2 doesn't start after you install) add the line "Disable_Hacks_If_ToBEx_Skipped 1" to the bottom of scsii.ini and again reinstall the component.

Have you got loads of mods installed?

If not, it's likely to be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall, because there might well be something wrong with your install. (If you're using a CD-based version of BG2 you can do this very quickly by following the instructions at http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555.0.html.)

If you have a massively modded installation, it might be that some other mod is conflicting.

i am using the 4 in 1 boxset and i have the following mods installed

bg2 fixpack

bg2 tweaks

azengaard mod

assassinations

elistraee's song

de'arnise romance

improved thief stronghold

kelsey

solaufein

tower of deception

tactics (certain parts)

wheels of prophecy

scs2

unistalling is not a problem as i would like to get this straight before i start a new game so i can do whatever needs to be done

Okay, try doing a change-log on bgmain.exe.

i.e. open a command-line (cmd.exe), navigate to your BG2 folder, and then type

copy setup-scsii.exe weidu.exe

weidu --change-log bgmain.exe

That tells you which mod(s) have changed bgmain.exe. If you find that any mod has, let us know which.

If no mod has changed bgmain.exe, either reinstall from scratch or try downloading a new copy from the link I gave above, and see if SCSII is willing to install. If it does, your bgmain.exe was corrupted.

i.e. open a command-line (cmd.exe), navigate to your BG2 folder, and then type
Erhm, wouldn't it be easier to go to the game folder, make a new .txt file, open that with Notepad and copy this code:
mkdir change-log
copy setup-scii.exe weidu.exe
weidu.exe --log nul --change-log BGMain.exe >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log 

To the file and "save as" "new.bat", and then run that like any .exe... and that code because DavidW, you forgot to tell it where to print the output... in my solution, it's in the *game directory*/change-log/change-log.txt -file.

Archived