Editing Savegames for Testing Purposes in IWD in BGII.

Dale Keeper is for IWD only, this conversion is technically BG2. I also understand Shadow Keeper, though designed for BG2, has a habit of corrupting data. The only other choice I know is Near Infinity. It's more complicated, but works with all IE games (except PS:T). Once you get the hang of it it's much more versatile. Just back up the saved game you plan on editing just in case...

I think he's interested in changing the values of variables to enable him to bypass certain parts of the game. You could use the console for that, if you know the name of the variable.

SK does work on IWD-in-BG2, but there is the risk of corrupting data... but no more than it does with BG2. Fortunately, it saves the edited file under a different name, preserving the original.

Agreed that using the console is probably safer (and you can use SK to see the variables), and also agreed that the enforced no-overwrite is a good thing. As far as I know if the savegame loads it's not corrupted (i.e. it's not going to go haywire later), and if it is corrupted you'll just revert to the original.

Archived