WTP Familiars (revised Find Familiar spell)

@John Fat

2.1 is the only version that supports EET, as @flamewing made a specifically EET-compatible version (as Salk does not play on the EEs). I actually looked into updating the EE branch, but doing a comparison of Salk's 2.1 vs. flamewing's 2.1 made me realize it was a taller order than I anticipated, and as I don't play on the EEs either, I unfortunately said forget about it, :(.

14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@John Fat

2.1 is the only version that supports EET, as @flamewing made a specifically EET-compatible version (as Salk does not play on the EEs). I actually looked into updating the EE branch, but doing a comparison of Salk's 2.1 vs. flamewing's 2.1 made me realize it was a taller order than I anticipated, and as I don't play on the EEs either, I unfortunately said forget about it, :(.

Ah, thank you.

I'm on EET so if unable to assist no worries, but figured I'd ask anyway incase my issue is something you've come across and fixed already in non EE version. I love the more familiar options and familiars leveling up with character. I'm using the spider. over all seems to be working fine, up[ until I leveled up to level 3. I did not immediately speak to my spider (idk if that would matter or not). When I do speak to him to ask him what he's learned now the game semi freezes. I become unable to select PC or any party members. I can control my familiar, but no one else. seems almost like a cut scene that got stuck.

just trying different things I'f i let my familiar die and summon a new one it levels to level 3 just fine. but I like the spider I have now. :(

If you had any suggestions i'd happily try them.

Thank you

Thrawn

Hello Thrawn.

Sorry for the delay in my answer but I have not been around much the latest month. Unfortunately my modification does not support EE and the ported version is not recommended because I fixed critical issues later. The only version that is safe to play is the latest (2.5).

Porting to EE should be quite a mundane matter but I honestly don't even own BG2:EE and couldn't do any testing myself.

Edited by Salk
Guest Thrawn

no worries. just thought I would ask on the chance it was known problem with an easy fix. Only have the EE games so I will keep on the lookout if someone ports the current version. For now I like it enough to accept some issues to have my spider familiar. ty for mod!

Thrawn

Guest Maciek

Hello

I think its bugged a little, in v2.6 on bgee familiars dont get any HP before lvl10, when level it show that 4HP has been added but familiars still have only 4 hitpoints