WTP Familiars (revised Find Familiar spell)

The bug reported by Chitown Willie is taken care of.

I am in the process now of checking on another, even more serious bug with the level up process.

Once confirmed, I will try to remedy it and then a new version will be released.

Until then I recommend to not play with WTP Familiars.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Salk

WTP Familiars 2.5 is out!

It can be downloaded here.

CHANGE LOG:

-Fixed critical bug with Rabbit crashing the game when asked to return to backpack (thanks Chitown Willie)
-Fixed critical bug with familiars not levelling up more than once (thanks enkku)
-Fixed minor bug with empowered familiar not showing the correct name at the end of the dialogue-based level up process
-The level up process now shows the amount of XP the familiar has gained
-Updated WeiDU to version 246

Edited by Salk

Hello!

I tested the rabbit in my BGT game and the HPs are correctly removed at level 1 or higher. I had tested the HP gains/losses extensively in the past so I was very surprised to read CHARNAME's HP adjustment was not working properly for you.

It'd be good if someone else could confirm this issue.

Cheers!

EDIT: Another player confirmed the HP loss working correctly. Would you please attach your WeiDU.log?

Edited by Salk

I was about to report some bugs but now I'm not sure if this is the right place since I installed the EET version of this mod that the tool autodownloaded.

I guess I will anyways and you can tell me if this is the wrong place.

Just launched the game and tested the pseudo dragon, I noticed that in my character sheet my magic resistance kept going up and up by 2% every time. I couldn't tell if this was a visual UI bug or it was actually at that amount but it reached over 100% before I died.

I tried to aggro someone and I noticed that after they killed my dragon they kept attacking the dead body of my dragon for a good 2-3 rounds before switching targets to me which was odd.

That's it so far.

Hello!

I will investigate the occurrence and check whether the magic resistance is correctly applied. I wouldn't recommend playing with the EE version of this modification though. It was made by a third party and it is not updated, meaning that at best there will be critical issues that I have been fixing since then and at worst there will be other problems which I cannot identify and solve.

Cheers!

Edited by Salk

NdranC,

in some way your bug is similar to the one reported by Chitown Willie above (bonus/malus not being correctly applied) and even in this case I am unable to replicate it. Everything is fine with the magic resistance on my end. I doubt it is a visual bug though. I do believe that the bonus is applied each time, for some strange reason.

Edited by Salk

I tried to update from 2.1 to 2.5 so I could level up my familiar, but the new version doesn't recognize the game.  It tells me there is an error loading bgmain.exe and that it is only compatible with ToB and BGT.  I am playing EET, and the last version installed just fine.  I've uploaded the debug file.  It doesn't look like other are having this problem, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.  I did uninstall the previous version before trying to install 2.5.

SETUP-WTPFAMILIARS.DEBUG