SCSII - aTweaks fiend interoperability

Wisp

In mage/mage.tph/mage_summonings:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fl#nabsu.cre~ THEN BEGIN // aTweaks fiends installed
 COPY ~scsii/fiend/pristine/spwi905.spl~ ~override/dw#gatem.spl~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EVALUATE_REGEXP ~spgate..~ ~fl#pitsu~
 COPY ~scsii/fiend/pristine/spwi905.spl~ ~override/dw#basum.spl~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EVALUATE_REGEXP ~spgate..~ ~fl#balsu~
 COPY ~scsii/fiend/pristine/spwi807.spl~ ~override/dw#sumgl.spl~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EVALUATE_REGEXP ~spfiend.~ ~fl#glasu~
 COPY ~scsii/fiend/pristine/spwi807.spl~ ~override/dw#sumco.spl~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EVALUATE_REGEXP ~spfiend.~ ~fl#gelsu~
 COPY ~scsii/fiend/pristine/spwi707.spl~ ~override/dw#cacof.spl~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EVALUATE_REGEXP ~spcaco..~ ~fl#nabsu~
 COPY ~scsii/fiend/pristine/spwi707.spl~ ~override/dw#sumbf.spl~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EVALUATE_REGEXP ~spcaco..~ ~fl#corsu~
END

Maybe I am missing something but will this actually work? The spells use opcode 177 (Use EFF file) and aTweaks does not add any eff files with those names (it does add cre files).

Also, if Smarter Mages is installed without either Improved Fiends or aTweaks, it copies Gate and Mordenkainen's Sword to dw#gatem.spl through dw#sumbf.spl. Am I mistaken or does this mean dw#gatem.spl and dw#basum.spl summon vanilla (aggressive and uncooperative) Pit Fiends? If it is alright I was going to alter the spells to summon aTweaks fiends instead, but in light of the Pit Fiends I thought I would ask if this would be effective/advisable.

Also, if Smarter Mages is installed without either Improved Fiends or aTweaks, it copies Gate and Mordenkainen's Sword to dw#gatem.spl through dw#sumbf.spl. Am I mistaken or does this mean dw#gatem.spl and dw#basum.spl summon vanilla (aggressive and uncooperative) Pit Fiends? If it is alright I was going to alter the spells to summon aTweaks fiends instead, but in light of the Pit Fiends I thought I would ask if this would be effective/advisable.

David, any updates on this?

The Drow priestesses who (I think) are supposed to summon balors instead summoned pit fiends (the aTweaks variety), but these behaved as intended for SCS + aTweaks (attacking my party rather than their summoner, ignoring protection from evil).

Iirc Ilyich mentioned liches whose demon summoning spell's failed - could the missing reference for the eff files be the cause?

Archived