List of NPCs to support

Quester

No, I hadn't planned on making it a priority, since I'm working on other things (including a thesis). Plus it'll take quite a while to code all this and it's not particularly critical (nothing game-breaking to fix). Not that the coding is particularly tough, just mind-numbing, time-consuming grunt work. I could put it on the project plan for Azazello maybe. He's been looking for a good "learn to code" exercise :).

I could put it on the project plan for Azazello maybe. He's been looking for a good "learn to code" exercise :).

Hehe, just checking. It'll be out when it's out, I guess. But yes, you should put Azazello on it. :p

bsflag.gif

Sorry, couldn't find the 'flip-the-bird' smiley... tongue.gif

Most people aren't going to change a druid to a barbarian with the mod, or if they do, they've been warned about stupid dialogue results as I mentioned above. They could conceivably change him to a ranger though, and druid=>ranger dialogue references might still make sense.

Possibly, but there are still a bunch of references, and honestly, I don't have the time to go through and find them all right now. You can do a search and replace for "druid," but that might only net you half of the actual references, and will probably change references to other NPCs in his dialogue as well. I don't mean to be obstinate or frustrating, but really, in this case, it's not worth worrying about. If people do want to change his class, that's fine, but they would do so knowing full well his dialogue is going to be strange anyway. :)

Miloch, you can add that permission for Amber was denied. The main reason being that changing her would cause her to lose her special abilities such as fire resistance and a "blinding eye" ability she has. So Amber is a no.

She will not lose any of that. Fire resistance is set on her as an effect (though it could as easily be set as a resistance) and blinding eye is an inherent innate. Level 1 NPCs does not touch any of those things when making changes (likewise, Tiax can still summon ghouls or whatever regardless of which class/kit you change him to, and Viconia still has magic resistance no matter what). Amber does have a custom kit but as far as I can tell, it doesn't grant her any special abilities, so I'm not quite sure what it's used for (maybe just to allow her fighter grandmastery, which can be done via tweaks either in BG2 Tweaks or L1NPCs or probably other mods too).

Archived