List of NPCs to support

Quester

Ok, did that. Quester, your IP now matches your OP, so see if you can edit it (unless you've changed locations again - but it should work from wherever you first posted, unless the forum software's even stupider than I thought).

Miloch: Thank you. However, I am still unable to edit the post. And yes, this is from where I first posted (at home), but I have a dynamic IP (like most people these days, I'd think?).

If you're up to it, you can edit the OP with Amber, Tsujatha, Saerileth, Neh'taniel and Miriam as 'pending'.

Well you still have the same IP so I guess the forum software is stupider than I thought. One different IP login and you're locked out from editing any of your previous posts O.o. Anyway, I updated the OP.

Kim I think is a French mod - try contacting someone like Graoumf to ask about it (unless you know French and can post in that language on the French forums).

Isn't Goo essentially in the public domain? At any rate, we may as well support it unless someone can think of some objection. Same goes for Mur'neth since Andyr hasn't been here for ages (and I'm pretty sure he'd be ok with it).

Note to self: will also have to recheck code for Coran and other BG1 to BG2 NPCs to see if they're supported.

Updated the post. Someone should really fix this crappy forum software so you can edit your own posts. Every time I mention it though, I just hear *crickets*.

heehee, I put in a setting to Follow the whole forum, but the software is only notifying specifically followed threads, at least for me. Meh.

I can't even get anyone to upgrade your admin powers -- which doesn't seem necessary since you seem to have them already--I thought you said you didn't... <confused>

If anyone knows a better way to get in touch with a mod author than to post on their forum, please feel free to do so and point them to this thread. Since some of these mod authors haven't been seen for years, posting on their forum probably isn't going to yield results any time soon.

And that is totally fine, as, just like reporting mod bugs, issues, etc., requests should be documented in-public if possible on the modder's forum(s).
I can't even get anyone to upgrade your admin powers -- which doesn't seem necessary since you seem to have them already--I thought you said you didn't... <confused>
No, I've had forum administration here ages (almost as long as the BG1 Fixroom). I thought that was about a "modder" tag, which you think would be a fairly easy thing, but maybe they're prejudiced against orc-drow or something. No big deal about that - I'm more concerned that you can't post code without the forum hosing it or edit your own posts without admin intervention.

Edit: OP updated

Ok, there was a discussion at SHS and Varshoon (check the thread :) ) and it may not be a good idea to add Varshon. He has a custom kit, lots of his slots are used by custom, unchangable items, his resistances are coded withing his kit, same goes for psionic abilities. Playing with kits etc will make the mod unstable. I'm sorry, that's nothing personal, but Varshoon is a bit different in terms of kit and race - changing those can make the mod unplayable :(

You can add Kim in Lvl1NPCs.

Thank you.

@Lava: got it.

@Miloch: changes: Varshoon - skip, Saerileth - permission granted, Tsujatha - permission granted, Kim - permission granted.

As for Goo, I've not asked but I learned that that mod (haven't actually played it yet myself) only has one single banter throughout the game...hehe. I hadn't realized just how small that mod was, so maybe just skip it for Lvl1NPCs? Although I think Goo would probably fit better as a mage/sorceror than a fighter? :)

The ones remaining as 'pending' (Amber, Ariena, Kido, Miriam and Neh'taniel) have been asked, but a reply may take some time as the authors have not been seen for a while. Perhaps they could be added in a later version, if permissions should be granted? So that we can get the ones that are approved included the sooner. :)

No, I've had forum administration here ages (almost as long as the BG1 Fixroom). I thought that was about a "modder" tag, which you think would be a fairly easy thing, but maybe they're prejudiced against orc-drow or something. No big deal about that - I'm more concerned that you can't post code without the forum hosing it or edit your own posts without admin intervention.

hmm That's weird, because twice I referred to your lack of access and twice you kept silent. Once (or was it twice?) you even made inference to an access issue. Is the absence of evidence evidence of absence? <fugue>

And 'ages' must have been after the creation of this forum, you certainly didn't have moderator access when we first kick-started the forum--as back in those early days, before the forum software was changed (don't know how many times that is by now), the tags were indicators of the level of admin access members had (or not). A 'Member' would not have had any moderator access with the old software.

Well, as you say, this is all moot now.

Thanks for doing the edits. Whenever you need to tag-team (pun not intended) the updates, let me know.

You may add Neh't . Be aware, however, that I will updating the version of the mod soon. It is being translated to Polish and almost complete. If you had trouble contacting me, I do appologize.

Ah, thank you! No problem, just noticed you hadn't been on the CoM forums for a while.

Archived