couple typos in updated IESDP

plainab

now that the IESDP has been update...

a few typos found:

http://iesdp.gibberl.../iwd/scrlev.htm

Note that the original file provided with the game is incorrect, and contains incorrect values. The updated version presented on tihs page is confirmed to work. The original (incorrect) kit.ids file is available here.

the bolded parts should be:

this

&

scrlev.ids

and on the linked page with the original shipped values kit.ids should be changed to scrlev.ids as well.

minor things but they jumped out at me when i looked at the IESDP

The stat numbers themselves are fine but they incorrectly hyperlink to opcodes instead of STAT.IDS entries.

#66 (0x042) Graphics: Transparency Fade [66]

Parameter #1: Fade Amount

Parameter #2: Irrelevant

Description:

Fades the targeted creature(s) by the value in the amount specified by the 'Fade Amount' field.

Known values for 'Fade Amount' are:

1 Fully visible

255 Almost invisible

This effect sets stat #60 <- wrong hyperlink to param #1 <- wrong hyperlink

I.e. if you click on #60 it takes you to opcode #60.

Since i started the thread....

area file structure, container section

the IESDP currently has the following which is kinda confusing to those not in the know:

0x0038 8 (rect) Minimum bounding box of container polygon

Perhaps it would be better to break it down as NearInfinity does. Not only would it make better sense, it would also coincide with seeing four fields in NI & DLTCEP

0x0038 2 (word) Bounding box: Left

0x003a 2 (word) Bounding box: Top

0x003c 2 (word) Bounding box: Right

0x003e 2 (word) Bounding box: Bottom

a few typos found:

I've updated the typo's. If someone can provide the IWD scrlev file I'll replace the text in old_scrlev. I don't have IWD installed at the moment.

Also, some of the updated opcodes which list stats that they modify (i.e. such as this one) incorrectly link stat numbers to opcode numbers.

Not going to get updated in this release, perhaps in the next one.

area file structure, container section

The specific text is updated, though there are probably other areas within the IESDP where it's referenced as a point, rect, bounding box, etc. Point them out and I'll update them.

I've updated the typo's. If someone can provide the IWD scrlev file I'll replace the text in old_scrlev. I don't have IWD installed at the moment.

No I didn't mean that the link was pointing to kit.ids, but that the original scrlev.ids being linked to also had the description with kit.ids instead of scrlev.ids.

so it's just a matter of changing this

This is the original, incorrect kit.ids file provided with the game. An updated version can be found here.

into this

This is the original, incorrect scrlev.ids file provided with the game. An updated version can be found here.

Archived