iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

hey SyntaxError

seem to be having a different issue now.

this seems to of been happening from version 209 right up to the latest - 236 . i can start the game and create a character with no problem. but once i get into the opening epilogue its freezes at the same point, the 'its time for more experiments' line

http://pastebin.com/v4XRBnfC

thats my .crash log if it helps at all. i don't have a save file i can send as i can't get far enought o be able to save lol

i know i asked for them, but there is no point in posing crash logs that are non symbolicated. I dont know why the symbols are being stripped, but i probably dont know enough about what i'm doing :p

Edit: this issue definitely has nothing to do with iOS. I've reported it on IRC.

also this isnt a crash it is auto-pausing due to damage taken :) it will be fixed shortly.

i know i asked for them, but there is no point in posing crash logs that are non symbolicated. I dont know why the symbols are being stripped, but i probably dont know enough about what i'm doing :p

Edit: this issue definitely has nothing to do with iOS. I've reported it on IRC.

also this isnt a crash it is auto-pausing due to damage taken :) it will be fixed shortly.

perfect, thanks for everything guys. very much appreciated :)

Scrolling on the latest build seems a little slower, or am I imagining things?

probably not imagining things. buildbot builds have been switched to a debug build. When we release new stable version they will be optimized. I may re-enable some optimization in the debug builds, but I'm still trying to figure out how get the crash reports to have symbols.

Also, I just figured out why Icewind Dale was leaving the status bar on display - it seems that GemRB ignores the fullscreen switch in the cfg file, and instead uses the one in the icewind.ini file, which was set to 0, so it was trying to run it in a window, even though the cfg file said to not run it in a window!

GemRB.cfg now has priority over game.ini so this wont be a problem anymore.

does the ipod touch 4G have a retina display? if so do you know its resolution?

judging by that image i would say that you are trying to make the resolution bigger than the screen supports which is causing video corruption. I think you may just need to set Fullscreen=1 if you have a retina display. without a retina display you are out of luck since the screen wont have enough pixels for GemRB.

Also it seems when i updated xcode the 4.3 simulator got neutered and says i need to reinstall :/ so it may also just be broken under 4.3. you can try updating to iOS 5 if you want.

Archived