Dashing Duets of Unrequited Love

Gospel

No no no no no.... thats all wrong.

Please.

The fingers are broken into pieces and are put into the skull to act like a moroca.

Then the ribcage is opened up and tuned to play as a xylaphone, using the legs as the hammers.

The stomach is inflated and attached to the wrist and arm bones which have been hollowed out to act as a set of bagpipes(fingernails are used in place of reeds)

And mangut is far too fine to use on a banjo or lute, it is used for violin's, and a simple wrist bone and tendon setup is used for the bow.

I think that its pretty obvious that none of you people have ever tried making musical instruments from people's body parts.

Bri however shows her obvious experience with her castinete comment.

The rest of you are obviously fakers.

:D:D:D

why do i feel like i've walked on to the set of herbert west, the reanimator part deux??? :D

What if you're a Kensai/Mage? ? :D

Due to unfortunate circumstancies, such as BG2 being 2nd Edition, there are no Fighter/Bards. :D

I tried playing around with the file "dualclas.2da" a bit to see if it was possible to get around this, but it didn't work. Since there's no column for dual-classing from anything to bard and the program crashed when I tried to add one, I tried to fix a bard/fighter instead. It was easy enough to do it (just changing a 0 to a 1 in the right column), but when I tried using it in the game it crashed.

The dual-class button in the character record became clickable, and it was possible to choose which class to dual-class to (fighter, in this case), but when I clicked on the "skills" button I was rudely asked to mind my own business (or "the game crashed to the desktop with a cryptic error message", if you prefer).

A bit of a shame, really, since fighter/bard is one of my favourite combinations (well, barbarian/bard is even more fun, but I have never been able to suspend my disbelief long enough to have a barbarian mainchar in BG2...). But if you don't mind some cheating, how about playing a skald (or any bard, really) and adding a few weapon proficiencies and an extra attack per round in shadowkeeper? That way, you wold get a character who behaves just as if he had dual-classed from fighter to bard just before the game started, and you would get Delainy's bard-specific lovetalks (see, I wasn't off topic at all! Not that anyone would mind after the small diversion about musical bodyparts...)

JPS

I must agree JPS, trying to convince me that a barbarian was raised up as a class in Candlekeep definitely went beyond common sense, even for BG II.

You know, one thing to also keep in mind is that with the ability "use any weapon" you can simulate a fighter as well...

I must agree JPS, trying to convince me that a barbarian was raised up as a class in Candlekeep definitely went beyond common sense, even for BG II.

You know, one thing to also keep in mind is that with the ability "use any weapon" you can simulate a fighter as well...

a fighter is thaco, attacks per round, and weapon ability...even a sorceror, if you increase the thaco bonuses and attacks per round, and if you gave them use any item...the naughty people are wondering...

"could you make a sorceror a decent and effective fighter if you messed with those things in shadowkeeper???" and rubbing your hands with evil glints in your eyes...

the answer is

YES!!!

and it does work, and i've been refining the techniques for a long time...in fact, i've added so many refinements to the idea, that its beyond obscene... :D:D:D

And the masses are still waiting for a how-to guide for serious cross class skill hacking with Shadowkeeper. :D

oh crap!!! i still haven't started on version 1.5 of the cheese guide...

i have successfully created...

multiple kits on a multiclass...shapeshifter/kensai, paladin kensai, and sorceror kensai...

3rd edition rules spellcasters...mages with full plate armor still able to cast spells...

all horribly horribly overpowered...

but yeah, one of these days i am going to have to sit down and write up a evil, naughty hacking guide...urg...

:D:D:D

back to the original topic...is there different dialog based on kit type for bards???

or just a generic bard dialog??? :D

Just a general bard discussion.  I don't have it in me to come up with any more dialogue than one per class.

Archived