Video Title Screen Error

sting

Hey Guys,

I wasn't sure how or where to list this. I installed BG2 Complete through GoG yesterday. Everything seems fine but when i run the game on anything above 1020 resolution i have an issue.Ill start the game hit the button to click BG2 SOA. It takes me to the next screen.

This is where the video messes up.

I see the baldurs gate 2 options.. but the menu items have dissapeared. Off to the top left corner is the whole menu again. Something isnt right, all the options inside are missing.In the middle is like a copy of the load screen. The cursor is whacked out. Its hard to figure out where to click. Once i get past this though it seems normal enough. I made a character and got into the game. It looks good. Just wondering why the initial load screen is whacked out. Bums me out, i want to play on 1600x1020. I have reinstalled once. I also own the original cds, i might try reinstalling with them after i get some replies on this.

Things to know.

I have installed no mods or patches.

I clicked run by administrator when i installed.

I also do this for config and to play the game.

Running in 1900x1080 mode

Ive tried to run in lower desktop resolutions to match my bg2 resolution, doesnt change anything.

Anything 1020 and below runs normal.

All my direct x and ati drivers are up to date.

System Specs

Asus P5K

Intel Core 2 Q9450 2.6ghz x4

Windows 7 64 Ultimate

8 gig ram

Asus HD 6870

300 gig hd

32" LCD LG 1080P TV

Wondering if maybe i need to install in a seperate folder. I used the default pathed it asked for.

jmsvt010503@hotmail.com

Wondering if maybe i need to install in a seperate folder. I used the default pathed it asked for.
If the default was to install in Program Files, since you are running in Windows 7 then yes you need to install to a different directory such as C;\games. Windows now has this nasty habit of protecting anything in the Program Files directory and as such mods for games don't always install properly.

Anything 1020 and below runs normal.
these would run 'normal' because you can unlock such resolutions in the config program.

I installed the Widescreen mod and it seemed to fix the problem. Im falling in love with this game all over again. In 1600 x 1200 awwwww yaaaaaa!

You guys are awsome. Is there a way to move my save files from my windows vista 64 laptop?

Is there a way to move my save files from my windows vista 64 laptop?

copy the save directory from your game installation on the vista machine and paste that into the game installation on your win 7 machine DO NOT overwrite anything when it prompts tho. If you keep the same game build (mods in same order with exact same components) then your saves should work. Otherwise your saves will not work and you'll need to start a new game. Oh they might run but you may run into issues at some point....

What can i install here though to fix any bugs without changing gameplay?

The Fixpack for BG2 here at G3 is pretty good for fixing things...

Archived