New Baldur's gate?

Haplo

A big part of the frustration is that it can be difficult to figure out when the engine itself is doing something stupid at a low level, or if Bioware's scripters are doing something stupid at a higher level because they couldn't figure out how the engine worked. Either explanation is completely plausible.
Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes:
One of the major difficulties Trillian experienced in her relationship with Zaphod was learning to distinguish between him pretending to be stupid just to get people off their guard, pretending to be stupid because he couldn’t be bothered to think and wanted someone else to do it for him, pretending to be outrageously stupid to hide the fact that he actually didn’t understand what was going on, and really being genuinely stupid.

So when's that public release of the TBH scripting engine coming out, anyway?

Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes:

I did read Douglas Adams at a young, impressionable age, that's probably got a lot to do with it.

So when's that public release of the TBH scripting engine coming out, anyway?

When I figure out the right combination of licenses I can and want to release it under (so many open source licenses, so many hidden implications) and whether I can/want to keep PWG on the books indefinitely. (I've said before and I'll say again--I'm not very good at game producing.)

And, who knows, a disgruntled TBH contributor might let you have a bootleg copy of the work-in-progress if you ask nicely.

I'm looking forward to the new mac release (iPad too). Haven't played in a while and the original will not run on Lion.
Crikey, where the hell have you been, mate? Does this mean you might be motivated to finish your NPC mod? :D/> Btw, for you naysayers, BG:EE is not a mass-corporate Atari release. It might've required some negotiation with them as far as licenses but it is a smaller developer handling this, which is a good thing IMO.

To spare everyone the details: moved to the southeast and went to work at NASA on Constellation (i.e. Bush-era mission to Mars); after joining the project the President decided to cancel it (my timing usually stinks); now I'm working on a masters degree.

I still have the mod and tweak it from time to time, but my IE programming skills have waned. And Lion does not support the "classic environment" (i.e. PowerPC-based) anymore. I have to dual boot my macbook into Snow Leopard to run it. Looking forward going through the game again on the retina display iPad (assuming new app supports the higher resolution).

How might mods work in the ios environment?

Apple have traditionally been very anti that sort of thing, because they need to check everything that goes onto the platform to make sure it fits their TOS/doesn't brick the device/etc -- so I can't see it happening.

To clarify my above comment: they don't currently work and won't unless Overhaul handpick a few mods to make into 'free DLC'.

Archived