DLTCEP enhancements

Miloch

Some minor things, but would make modding a lot easier if they are fairly easy to implement. In some cases, it might just be copying code from one feature to another.

In Area editing, Animations, when you go to Set position of a BAM, it would be very helpful if there were a "Show all" checkbox on the preview screen. I am trying to match up several BAMs so they don't overlap etc., and it is almost impossible without that. The same would be great for other features, like spawns, containers and regions.

When adding Actors in an area, it always makes the Actor text uppercase. A minor thing, but rather strange since DLTCEP almost always forces lowercase elsewhere. In this case, since the field is just descriptive, it shouldn't enforce any case.

If you have an Actor name in an area file that is, say, 30 characters, and rename it to 10 characters, it keeps 19 characters of rubbish in the area file rather than padding the field with nulls after the last character. Yes, it makes no difference to the engine, but sometimes I have to grep .are files in hex mode to edit them properly, and the leftover cruft can generate false positives when searching.

When you add an actor, the Destination (aka "Stay in place") should be set the same as the position by default, unless a different position is specified. It is a very rare case where you would want to set it differently.

I think I mentioined this on the old forum, but when editing search maps, the selected cell can be off by 1 or 2 blocks, making it difficult to be precise, especially when filling large areas.

Whatever happened to the "Dragonlance Total Conversion" anyway? :)

Archived