Spell Immunity:Divination/I. Mantle ?

GuiSilva

Hey, how do I get around the defenses of a Lich or Mage who had Spell Immunity : Divination / Shadow Door / P. from Magical Weapons stored in a Chain Contingency ?

What i'm trying to do, against Kangaxx to be specific, is first bring down the Spell Imunity with a lot of Ruby Ray of reversal and Secret Word. After I bring down the Spell Immunity I'll try and dispell the Improved Invisibility with True Sight.

Only after all that i'll be able to cast Breach on the Lich am I right ? it's my first time playing with Mods and Tweaks. I'm using SCSII, Tweakpack and Fixpack and from what i've seen only Anti-magic spells get past Invisibility, in order to cast Breach the target has to be visible.

Thing is : I cast 4 Ruby rays, 5 Secret words and had True Sight active all the time with my Priest of Helm, and the Lich's invisibility still wouldn't be dispelled, and I couldn't cast Breach.

And no, it wasn't using Spell Immunity : Abjuration, some of my anti-magic seemed to get through but the Invisibility wouldn't be Dispelled.

How do I get around that ? Shouldn't all of that anti-magic had dispelled Spell Immunity : Divination and True Sight made him visible for Breach ?

Help, Kangaxx is kicking my ass big time !

Liches are immune to spell levels 1-5, so breach and secret word will not have any effect. Ruby rays will work though, and 4 should generally be enough to dispel any SI:div, but it might not be if the mage is proteted by Spell turning, Spell Shield and Spell Trap or somesuch very layered buff combo. Is this the demilich form though? If so he might be immune to lvl 7 spells as well, not sure how that is in SCSII.

If you are high enough level remove magic works very well.

Unless you are after a fair fight you can just spam wands of summoning at him and he will waste his spells on the summons. Its been a while since i fought him, but IIRC there is a staff that can kick his butt good. (staff of the magi? staf of striking? cant remember)

Liches are immune to spell levels 1-5, so breach and secret word will not have any effect. Ruby rays will work though, and 4 should generally be enough to dispel any SI:div, but it might not be if the mage is proteted by Spell turning, Spell Shield and Spell Trap or somesuch very layered buff combo. Is this the demilich form though? If so he might be immune to lvl 7 spells as well, not sure how that is in SCSII.

If you are high enough level remove magic works very well.

Hmm i didn't know Liches were immune to 1-5lv spells, it does say however on the SCSII or Tweakpack that breach is ajusted to affect Liches and Rakshasa, and I believe I have dispelled Protection from magical weapons with breach on Liches before. Quite sure Remove magic will only remove Stoneskin, but not PFMW.

No, it's not the Demilich form. What bothered me is that after 4 Ruby rays he had no spell protection whatsoever except for invisibility, PFMW and assorted minor protection, i'm pretty sure all high spell protections including si : divination were gone. My Priest of Helm had True sight active all the time and the invisibility wouldn't be dispelled, so it unleashed all it's arsenal of spells and kept renewing. Because it was invisible I could target it with more Anti-magic, but not Breach... weird.

I'm not familiar with SCS, so I can only comment on the vanilla BG2 experience.

My favorite way of dealing with Protection from Magical Weapons, Mantle or Improved Mantle is to back off and wait 24 seconds. Most liches and mages are too busy casting spells to follow you when you move out of sight. Maybe SCS critters are smarter than that, maybe not.

Liches are immune to level 1-5 spells, including Breach, but I don't believe Spell Trap stops any protection removal spells. Only Spell Shield does that, and only once.

The regular Kangaxx the Lich has Spell Turning and Mislead in his Chain Contingency (and no third spell, the fool.) The annoyingly layered protection cocktail of lich immunity, spell immunity and improved invisibility must be a SCS thing.

It surprises me that you could cast Ruby Ray of Reversal on him while he was invisible. Are you sure those rays didn't get canceled?

Archived