[setup-widescreen.exe]: false

decado

Hi,

First off sorry if I missed a similar help topic, I have had a look but found nothing with any fixes.

Decided to reinstall BG for old times sake and wanted to run the widescreen, however I'm having some problems.

First off I ran it yesterday, the DOS box flicked up and vanished. As I was kinda busy I had assumed it had worked. As it turns out it didn't, I rerean it today and it worked fine, I ran it again as I wanted to change the resolution which worked fine. I still want to scale down the resolution, however re-running no longer works.

The Debug says this;

WeiDU v 22900 Log

C:\RPG\BG2\setup-widescreen.exe
version = 23100
Newest WeiDU is version 23100, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
 [sETUP-UB.exe] version 23100
 [setup-GUI.exe] version 23100
 [setup-bgtmusic.exe] version 23100
 [setup-bgt.exe] version 23100
 [setup-bg1npcmusic.exe] version 23100
 [setup-bg1npc.exe] version 23100
 [setup-BanterPack.exe] version 23100
 [setup-widescreen.exe] version 22900
[sETUP-UB.exe] loaded, 695296 bytes
Copying [sETUP-UB.exe] -> [setup-widescreen.exe]: false

Basically I choose the install location, run the exe, it unzips the various files fine, DOS box flicks up and vanishes about 1 or 2 seconds after. Nothing else happens except it deletes the setup-widescreen.exe file it has created and then updates the debug.

The Widescreen mod was the last thing I installed, nothing else has been installed afterwards.

So I have two questions. First is how to fix this - I really don't want to reinstall everything. Second. If it can't be fixed can I edit a file to change the resolution manually?

Thanks!

this is a weidu issue and nothing to do with WSM at all.

I thought the update bug was squashed a few versions back but apparently its come back.

If you look at your list of mod .exe files you'll notice that the one for WSM is version 229 while the others are version 231

Weidu is choking up on upgrading the WSM exe to 231.

Solution:

delete setup-widescreen.exe

copy one of the other version 231 setup-somemod.exe (where somemod is replaced by the mod's actual name)

paste it and rename it to setup-widescreen.exe

[EDIT] Ignore me, got it to work - you meant to run the newly named exe by itself rather than running the whole installer :). Ignore the rest of the post...

Didn't work :(

Setup-widescreen.exe didn't exist as WSM seems to autodelete it upon failure to install. I copied SETUP-UB.exe, renamed to setup-widescreen.exe and reran the installer (widescreen-v3.05.exe). Again it gives me the same debug error. Does it not extract the WSM exe from the installer and so overwriting the existing one (total guess from someone who knows nothing about the process)?

WeiDU v 22900 Log

C:\RPG\BG2\setup-widescreen.exe
version = 23100
Newest WeiDU is version 23100, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
 [sETUP-UB.exe] version 23100
 [setup-GUI.exe] version 23100
 [setup-bgtmusic.exe] version 23100
 [setup-bgt.exe] version 23100
 [setup-bg1npcmusic.exe] version 23100
 [setup-bg1npc.exe] version 23100
 [setup-BanterPack.exe] version 23100
 [setup-widescreen.exe] version 22900
[sETUP-UB.exe] loaded, 695296 bytes
Copying [sETUP-UB.exe] -> [setup-widescreen.exe]: false

The thing that confuses me if this is the case is that this mod did run twice...

oh you ran from the self extracting download file? that's the problem it will overwrite it.

manually extract the mod from the download file (i.e. treat it as a rar/zip/7z file)

then replace the setup-widescreen.exe with the newer version as laid out in the earlier post

Archived