Is there a guide to installing games?

lazytitan

Sorry if i missed it but I looked and not just here either but im so lost on how to get these games installed on my tablet. I tried doing what i thought i had to do to get BG1 installed and after an hour or so of it what i thought was installing just started up the BG2 demo again. I know im doing it wrong because i feel like im just guessing when i do it.

Any guides or better yet video guides i can use?

Sorry but yes for a Motorola Xoom.

Thank you I will start that now. Is there one for BG2 and Planetscape or will this short guide help me with those as well?

Edit: Also where do I do these fixes? I think this is what is confusing me the most is everything i have found says to edit GemRB.cfg.sample or something along those lines and I don't know where to get that sample from. I have something that I downloaded that I think may be it but even after i edit it I'm not sure where to put it on my tablet.

Or where I put the BG1 or any game for that matter on the tablet. Does it just go where I want and I point to it or does it have to go where I put this GemRB.cfg file?

IWD instructions should help with BG2, Planescape is not fully playable yet.

The key point is - get included BG2 demo running. It should work out of the box (after huge - 800MB download). After that you will have GemRB.cfg and other stuff in /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb

Sorry not letting me edit my last post again...

So i just tried it again and even though i delete everything from the folder app-data\net.sourceforge.gemrb which i think is what holds the info for BG2 demo it keeps loading up not BG1.

So this is what I did so if someone can tell me where i need to do to fix this i would be very thankful.

1. I installed BG1 on my PC

2. Removed everything from the app-data\net.sourceforge.gemrb on my tablet

3. placed everything from the BG1 folder into the now empty app-data\net.sourceforge.gemrb

4. Downloaded this GemRB-v0.7.0-2-g8b1f3fa folder...here is link to what in the folder. http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4563/76968729.png

5. Followed those step from the previous post, the one about BG1

6. placed the files inside GemRB-v0.7.0-2-g8b1f3fa into the app-data\net.sourceforge.gemrb folder where BG1 is and told it to over write everything.

7. Started up my tablet and GemRB

8. clicked Change Device Configuration.

9 clicked Data installation location

10. Clicked Specify directory

11. Left the same for app-data\net.sourceforge.gemrb

12. put in BG1 for the Specify Command Line Parameters

13 Looked to be installing, took about an hour.

14 start it up and it load BG2 again...

So with the previous posts help was able to edit the files as should be i think but i still dont know where to put them on the tablet or how to load them.

IWD instructions should help with BG2, Planescape is not fully playable yet.

The key point is - get included BG2 demo running. It should work out of the box (after huge - 800MB download). After that you will have GemRB.cfg and other stuff in /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb

So do i just use the files in the app-data\net.sourceforge.gemrb where i think BG2 is installed? Do i just copy them or over write them for BG1?

Well I think this thing is over me....wasted about 12 hours today trying to get this working and all it does every time is just go to a blank screen and crash on start up. Demo works fine but its a demo want to play whole game, also want to play first one first.

If anyone as any idea what im doing wrong i would be appreciative but i am throwing in the towel on this program.

lazytitan,

1) what version are you using? I can't remember I built GemRB-v0.7.0-2-g8b1f3fa and market ones doesn't have git version numbers.

2) "put in BG1 for the Specify Command Line Parameters"

That's wrong, this is from IWD instructions:

2. If you are using non default installation folder you should set absolute path to it in SDL menu "Data Installation Location" and set "Command Line" parameter to empty string "" (it's "GemRB" by default).

Last free of four SF versions (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Other%20Binaries/android/) have file logging to GemRB.log, for older versions you should uses aLogCat (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat&hl=en) to collect logs, instructions are in FAP topic.

lazytitan,

1) what version are you using? I can't remember I built GemRB-v0.7.0-2-g8b1f3fa and market ones doesn't have git version numbers.

2) "put in BG1 for the Specify Command Line Parameters"

That's wrong, this is from IWD instructions:

2. If you are using non default installation folder you should set absolute path to it in SDL menu "Data Installation Location" and set "Command Line" parameter to empty string "" (it's "GemRB" by default).

Last free of four SF versions (http://sourceforge.n...naries/android/) have file logging to GemRB.log, for older versions you should uses aLogCat (https://play.google....b.alogcat&hl=en) to collect logs, instructions are in FAP topic.

Sorry had to take a break from this as it was making me angry...but I am using the newest version i would think. got it strait from the market. I did get BG2 working for about 5 mins. Just long enough to create a character. Soon as the game starts up after that it crashes. So how would i get you these logs because know i feel defeated that i got it working only to break mins later...I did do a search for anything with log in the name or .log or anything like that. Dont see either of those files you mentioned above.

Is this program compatible with Android version 4.0.3?

Oh by the way if any one wondering how i got it to work i had to throw the folders from the game on the tablet before i even installed the gemrb. Some one on a another forum said to do that and it worked...kinda.

So how would i get you these logs

In latest SF versions log file is written to <your_game_dir>/GemRB.log. In previous versions you should use aLogCat (from market) to collect logs, instructions are in FAP topic.

Is this program compatible with Android version 4.0.3?

SF versions are built for 4.0.3, but tested only with 2.3 device.

Soon as the game starts up after that it crashes.

If it crashes after some random time in different game parts it's really strange, but it's hard to say anything without log.

Archived