Quick question about Android ver.

addahn

Hey guys,

Awesome project! I have a few questions; First, i downloaded the bg2 demo and I cant get past the character creation screen because the last option is to enter a name and I cant seem to pull up a keyboard.

Second is that for planescape torment does anyone know if the bugfixes, tweakpacks, missing content ect will work with this the android port? Specificly im talking about the unfinished business pack, the ui tweak (larger font), the fixpack, the widescreen mod and several others. I cant find the link right now but good ol games has the list in the "mod spotlight" section, a search should bring it up.

Third, can anyone tell me how to uninstall the bg2 demo? Its eating up alot of space on my tab.

Im using a samsung galaxy 7.7 if that helps at all.

Much appreciated!

Some exe patches won't work. But i'm willing to modify our source if it is convenient (for us).

PST mods that modify only data should be compatible, or our engine should be fixed.

I have no idea how to uninstall the game files. Simple deleting isn't possible?

addahn,

About software keyboard: you can setup semi-transparent button to open keyboard in SDL menu, by default this button should be in top left corner.

About fonts: big fonts mod should work, but it's better to use TTF fonts, they can be tuned finely, see - http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=23686&st=0&p=194752entry194752

By default game directory is in /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb , all downloaded files are inside.

Thanks guys! Really appreciat the help!

Avenger- For some reason I cant post links however, if you google "mod spotlight gog planescape" it should be the first link that has the mods im trying to install.

Thanks again guys!

addahn,

Avenger means, that some mods are modifying resourses only (widescreen), but some modifying original EXE files (BGT). Original EXE are not used by GemRB on any platform, but GemRB engine copies vanilla EXEs' behaviour. So some mods, that modifying EXE may not work with GemRB (BGT works though).

All mods should be applied to game files on desktop box.

Would you know how I went about applying them if they were in exe form?

there is no good way to answer this since it completely depends on what the mod does. it may be as simple as editing a text file or simply not doable without editing source code. you would have to be much more specific about which mod you are asking about.

addahn,

Avenger means, that some mods are modifying resourses only (widescreen), but some modifying original EXE files (BGT). Original EXE are not used by GemRB on any platform, but GemRB engine copies vanilla EXEs' behaviour. So some mods, that modifying EXE may not work with GemRB (BGT works though).

All mods should be applied to game files on desktop box.

Actually, widescreen modifies the exe too. It is usually quite obvious what modifies the .exe (for a totally no brainer, the timestamp changes).

Most .exe mods use ToBEx. And we are only halfway compatible with it. Other examples: some gui mods that add extra buttons, or hacks with the character animations/starting xp.

It is irrelevant, if the mod itself is an .exe file or not. The important is if they change the original engine. Most of the stuff the simple .exe mods change are in python script or external tables in gemrb, so they could be made working with little work.

I think you can use all the spotlight mods, except that some parts of the fixpack won't work, but this won't hurt.

Archived