1h weapons & dual wield -- BG2 Engine

plainab

Can all 1h melee weapons (no thrown abilities) be dual wielded or are there other restrictions that I don't know about? There is nothing noticeable in the IESDP to indicate a 1h weapon can not be used in the off hand.

EDIT... and does using two handed ranged weapons such as bows & cross bows fall under Two Handed weapon style?

AFAIK all one-handed weapons can be dual-wielded unless you're a monk or something (as they have an unremovable invisible fist in one hand). Not sure about the 2handed style applying to bows etc., never really thought about it. I suppose it should, if singleweapon applies to a sling, or swordandshield applies to sling and shield.

Can all 1h melee weapons (no thrown abilities) be dual wielded or are there other restrictions that I don't know about? There is nothing noticeable in the IESDP to indicate a 1h weapon can not be used in the off hand.

yes

EDIT... and does using two handed ranged weapons such as bows & cross bows fall under Two Handed weapon style?

no. there's no "weapon style" for two handed ranged weapons. and sword and shield style gives bonuses only to overall defense - IIRC +2 for * and +4 for ** to ac vs. ranged weapons only.

so weapon styles are designed for melee use only?

those who use a shield with ranged weapons like sling, darts, throwing daggers/axes/hammers just happen to get a bonus cause the shield is equipped.

Kinda lame to leave out two handed ranged weapons.... they are after all two handed & single weapon for that matter.

As far as I know, single-weapon style and two-handed weapon style do not apply to bows, crossbows, darts, slings, throwing daggers, throwing hammers, or other similar things like Melf's Minute Meteors. A bit unfair, I agree, but true.

Archived