[Fixed in v2] NPC item restrictions

ScuD

In my installation I see Xan's Moonblade is tied to his attributes. So if I change his STR, DEX, etc., during the L1NPC install he in no longer able to use it. I think there should be some patching done not only to his CRE, but to the Moonblade ITM as well.

In my installation I see Xan's Moonblade is tied to his attributes. So if I change his STR, DEX, etc., during the L1NPC install he in no longer able to use it. I think there should be some patching done not only to his CRE, but to the Moonblade ITM as well.

First person i've seen that used the mod it to lower stats :)

Most NPC-specific items are tied to their stats (so others can't equip them). So it should be possible but offhand I don't know how much code it would take. There is also a similar "Find some non-intrusive way to limit proficiency selection to weapons the character has sufficient stats to wield, if desired" that Nythrun has had on her todo list for quite some time (probably due to some suggestion I made during alpha testing). I didn't really want to touch that one... was kinda waiting for Nythrun to rematerialise with her v2 but I don't know if that's going to happen :).

Since some NPCs can be dual-classed (being human and all), it is possible that a class choice renders their personal items unusable seemingly even after dualing.

In addition, it is also possibly by reallocating personal stat-points, that personal items become unusable by the NPC (if you choose lower stats than they originally have).

It could be interesting for players if a feature was included that removes all restrictions from personal items to overcome said possible woes (for me, I just edited the items locally to allow the dual-classes to work properly). Of course at that point, player discretion is advised towards item usage.

PS: I also change things like cavalier-mazzy not being able to equip arrows means that I change her bow to fire 'magical' arrows as in that it does not require ammunition but does not shoot any fancy overpowered arrows, but I think fixes like that are beyond the scope of lvl1NPCs.

Should be able to address both stat and dual-class-related restrictions, though I doubt we want to go as far as removing all restrictions from personal items. They're supposed to be personal after all.

Not sure what you mean by the "PS." If you change an NPC to a class that can use bows (and arrows) then they should be able to use them, no? (Incidentally, ammoless launchers are buggy in that you can also use ammo with them to get a double-whammy effect.)

Archived