Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3.1 (June 25th 2013)

Demivrgvs

I'll post here hotfixes for the V3.1 version. The files are collected in the appropriate sub-folders, thus you can simply unzip the attachments in your main BG folder (you know you've done it correctly because it should ask about overwriting some older SR's files in the spell_rev folder), and then re-install SR.

The hotfixes listed below are now included in the v3.1.03 download and do not need to be applied manually.

V3.1 - Hotfix 03 (July 26th 2013)

- fixed compatibility issue between Deva and Planetar Avatars component and P&P Celestials mod

V3.1 - Hotfix 02 (June 25th 2013)

- fixed Haste not granting +1 to thac0, AC, and saves vs. breath as advertised

- fixed Greater Command causing Cowled Wizards to appear

- Polymorph Self's shapeshift abilities flagged as "non-magical"

V3.1 - Hotfix 01 (July 16th 2012)

- MSI's hobgoblins were not flagged as summons

- Improved Haste cannot be "canceled" by Haste anymore

- Black Blade of Disaster had a superfluous unused EFF file (blakblad.eff)

- Summoned demons and Death Knights script fixes

- minor "-1" thac0 correction for all summoned celestials to match descriptions

spell_rev.zip

Hi,

I've encountered the following bug (or is it actually expected behaviour?) in SRv3.1 with Haste and Improved Haste stacking:

1.If Haste is cast over IH, num. attacks are reset to "normal + 1" (as per Haste), and both Haste and IH portrait icons are shown;

2.If IH is cast over Haste, IH is ineffective (num. attacks is left as per Haste - "normal + 1" - and IH portrait icon is not applied).

I see that one of the Haste effects is "immunity" to IH, but not vice-versa. Note that I don't really remember how it worked in unmodded game, maybe there was a similar bug there. Ideally IH should either make target immune to Haste (forcing IH before Haste prebuff order) and/or dispel ongoing Haste + delayed fatigue effect.

Monster Summoning III appears to ignore the max summon = 5 limit. (3rd level wizard spell, hobgoblin archers and possibly hobgoblin shamans) I haven't tried flooding the field enough to see if the shamans have the same problem.

Protection from Fire has no text in its description. (3rd level wizard spell)

Monster Summoning III appears to ignore the max summon = 5 limit. (3rd level wizard spell, hobgoblin archers and possibly hobgoblin shamans) I haven't tried flooding the field enough to see if the shamans have the same problem.
Checked before going to work, I can confirm this, though I don't know how the hell it managed to survive till now considering hobgoblin archers seem to be fan favourite by most SR players. :D Gender is 'male' instead of 'summoned', I'll fix it asap.

Protection from Fire has no text in its description. (3rd level wizard spell).
You shouldn't be able to get 3rd lvl ProFire, how did you get it? If you installed the right SR component this spell shouldn't appear at character creation or lvl up, but even without such component it should appear greyed out and not selectable. Mmm...

Umm... I've also got a few other mods... Item Revisions, Sword Coast Strategems II and Rogue Rebalancing... Would either of those interact with it? But I got it on a human mage (no kit) on character creation.

Also, I can tell you that removing the limit on summons is very powerful. So, if there has been thoughts on that, I can nominate a giant NO! since it trivializes encounters beyond what they should be.

And... I'm gonna go ahead and say something that's probably gonna be contraversial by the sounds of it... but there are 2 reasons I use hobgoblins... They are the lowest level summon available on the wiz/sorc list, and they are the only low-level ranged unit that I can summon. By the sounds of it, SR4 will have kobolds at level 2, so I'll probably do the switch to those when it's available. (It is horribly annoying trying to let your summons kill something that hasted right before you got spook/horror off, and I'm solo-ing a wizard)

Nice catch, I'm not a big fan of summoning spells (6 members is enough to manage) so I wouldn't be likely to discover that. If you want to stop cheating already you could edit HOBARCSU.CRE and HOBSHASU.CRE through any IE editor like Shadowkeeper/NearInfinity/DLTCEP and change their GENDER to SUMMONED or wait for Demi to release a hotfix or something if you have no idea how to achieve that ^^ Does the ProFire spell have any effect?

I cheated twice, once was accidental. (The other, I wanted to see what happened when I had 12 hobgoblin archers and 3 shamans. It was brutal. Fight went Start, volley of arrows, target dies, volley of arrows, target dies, etc...) Since then, I have only used it when I've already won and need to clean up.

And, as I said, I'm solo-ing it, and hobgoblin archers are one of the few ranged summons available. I believe ProFire is giving me a fire resistance boost, but it was intermingled with a potion of fire resistance, fire shield (red), and some other stuff.

Does the ProFire spell have any effect?

I believe ProFire is giving me a fire resistance boost, but it was intermingled with a potion of fire resistance, fire shield (red), and some other stuff.
The disabled 3rd lvl ProFire spell works exactly as its 5th lvl version, the question is: how did you get it?

In my current playthrough I was getting annoyed by the following problem: sometimes, seemingly randomly, one of my characters had his spell sequencers/triggers fizzle - he had the "activate sequencer" innate, but whenever it was used, I got "sequencer activated" message in combat log, 1-round spell timer started, but nothing was actually cast. So today I finally decided to get to the bottom of this :D

Turned out, the problem is death: the sequencer spells are stored in effect on character with opcode #256; when the sequencer is created via opcode #257 (when user presses "done" in UI), the engine applies two effects - #256 and #171 (grant innate) - with hardcoded timing mode 1. However, opcode #171 isn't "persistent": when it is applied, it adds the innate and removes itself; thus it essentially ignores timing mode, and the granted innate is never removed (i.e. effectively works as if it had timing mode 9). When the character dies, the effect with opcode #256 is removed due to its timing, however the innate is left intact. This has at least two observable consequences: 1) if innate is used after death, sequencer spells aren't cast; 2) since it is #256 that grants "protection" vs. additional sequencers of same type, it is possible to cast another sequencer after death without using up old innate - in this case we'll have "2 charges" of innate.

I've fixed this locally by changing #256 created by engine to use timing mode 9 - this is very easy to do - only 1 byte of BGMain.exe has to be changed (file offset 0x003B9700, change 0x4A to 0x5A). Alternative solution is to override #256's onRemove() function to remove the innate - I didn't do it, but it shouldn't be hard either. Yet another possible alternative is to make it dependent on parent spell's timing mode (more work, but most flexible).

What do you guys think - should sequencers persist through death? Once we decide, we can ask Ascension64 to add such tweak to tobex.

Black Blade of Disaster (SPWI915.SPL) creates a weapon (BLAKBLAD.ITM) that uses a non-existant BLAKBLAD.EFF for various class combinations. What is it supposed to accomplish? From what I can see all effects from spell description are accomplished through ITM abilities and BLAKBLAD.SPL...

With current release of TobEx (v24~) Use EFF File fix, missing EFF files cause CtDs. Solution was to either disable the TobEx fix or remove use eff file abilities from the item, I chose the latter.

Sequencer death issue

What do you guys think - should sequencers persist through death? Once we decide, we can ask Ascension64 to add such tweak to tobex.
I'd say it shouldn't persist but I'm really fine either way. Have you already mentioned this issue within ToBEX forum?

Black Blade of Disaster

Black Blade of Disaster (SPWI915.SPL) creates a weapon (BLAKBLAD.ITM) that uses a non-existant BLAKBLAD.EFF for various class combinations. What is it supposed to accomplish? From what I can see all effects from spell description are accomplished through ITM abilities and BLAKBLAD.SPL...

With current release of TobEx (v24~) Use EFF File fix, missing EFF files cause CtDs. Solution was to either disable the TobEx fix or remove use eff file abilities from the item, I chose the latter.

I'll look into it as soon as I get back home and update the hotfixes again.

All summoned demons automatically go hostile for me regardless of ProEvil, instead of negotiating. Using Ctrl+Q on the demon brings them into the party, but they then go hostile after a second. Ctrl+Q successfully works on enemy summoned demons. Oddly enough, the negotiation behavior was working correctly on an earlier install, before I upgraded SCS II (I think I had version 15 at that time). Also, enemy summoned death knights do not attack the caster, but do attack other hostile summons; I had a lich summon two death knights and they tore each other apart.

My Weidu log: http://pastebin.com/APHpcTBP.

Edit: Upon further testing, it seems as if this is a bug that was introduced in SR version 3.1. In a version 3 install with hotfixes, the demons properly negotiate with me.

Archived