Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3.1 (June 25th 2013)

Demivrgvs

"Chant" is missing THAC0 and (I think) damage bonus.
It's not, they are hardcoded.

#131 (0x083) State: Positive Chant [131]
Parameter #1: Modifier
Parameter #2: Irrelevant
Description:
Applies the chant effect to the targeted creature(s). Chant affects the minimum damage caused by a weapon (up to the normal maximum damage of the weapon) and the attack roll modifier (up to a maximum of 20, excluding natural attack roll modifiers, e.g. high STR, invisibility etc) by 'Statistic Modifier' amount. The effect sets STATE_CHANT.

'Modifier' must be in the [-6,5] range.
Multiple chant effects are not cumulative.

"Chant" is missing THAC0 and (I think) damage bonus.
It's not, they are hardcoded.

#131 (0x083) State: Positive Chant [131]
Parameter #1: Modifier
Parameter #2: Irrelevant
Description:
Applies the chant effect to the targeted creature(s). Chant affects the minimum damage caused by a weapon (up to the normal maximum damage of the weapon) and the attack roll modifier (up to a maximum of 20, excluding natural attack roll modifiers, e.g. high STR, invisibility etc) by 'Statistic Modifier' amount. The effect sets STATE_CHANT.

'Modifier' must be in the [-6,5] range.
Multiple chant effects are not cumulative.

Doesn't that only mention the "negative" aspect (i.e. the effect applied to enemies), however? I get no THAC0 reduction when using it in-game - is that normal?

(edit) I see it says "positive chant", but why does the description make me think of the opposite? Shouldn't the positive effect be reducing THAC0 from 20, not further increasing it to 20? (re-edit x2) Or I guess it's just saying that your maximum attack roll bonus is 20, (i.e. a THAC0 of 0), minus exceptions.

(re-edit) I lied - while my THAC0 doesn't change on my character sheet, it does it actually change it in the rolls. :) Demi evidently knows what he's talking about, ...which I guess is probably a good thing for the rest of us. :p

Concerning the Deva/Planetar gfx change for having PnP celestials installed (which btw looks so darn sweet!)

Am getting a crash for only the Movanic Deva, once she attacks. Tried to experiment around by using several types of weapon (and also reverted back to vanilla weapon, basic cele-mod weapon and other things), but figured that you are using a different patch macro for the deva-animation itself. The other 2 are doing fine and so does the planetar and I honestly don't know, why I even installed it :> SInce they are similar and I already edited the summoning script to always get the Astral Deva with your stats/weapons...you'll see my problem in the attached weidu-log, cause I really really don't want to do a step-back re-installation. Such thing already messed up my installation once, and I went to each friggin' step in every damn mod and it took me ~4 hours.

Oh, just one thing, as we discussed it just earlier in the feedback, was using the latest version for the animation tweak and version for 1PP is/was 4.1; since I already have the flaming sword animations installed.

Nonetheless, error log (TobEx) and Weidu attached...so see for yourself - and don't mind the tiny break in between :p 's busy playing Total War....

On a sidenote, while I was checking different kinds of weapons to avoid this issue: According your description, Planetar & Deva (at least the good version) should be either using a 1d10+10 or 2d6+10 weapon, but every single *itm file from different versions (you could really say, I try to keep the overview) show, that those weapons are only using a +3 damage modification instead?!

I might be wrong, but after going thru every file, that had something to do with that crash, I'd as well imagine things and loaded the wrong file to check for.

edit: one stupid thing comes to my mind...to try out even a basic flaming sword myself. never used them. will give a comment on that soon.

edit/edit: nope, works fine

logs.zip

Concerning the Deva/Planetar gfx change for having PnP celestials installed (which btw looks so darn sweet!)

Am getting a crash for only the Movanic Deva, once she attacks. Tried to experiment around by using several types of weapon (and also reverted back to vanilla weapon, basic cele-mod weapon and other things), but figured that you are using a different patch macro for the deva-animation itself. The other 2 are doing fine and so does the planetar and I honestly don't know, why I even installed it :> SInce they are similar and I already edited the summoning script to always get the Astral Deva with your stats/weapons...

I'm a little confused. Leaving aside that vanilla and SR don't have Movanic and Astral Deva but just a Deva, I'm not sure I understand your goal (I'm using my phone which refuses to open the zipped weidu log): you wanted SR's animation with PnP Celestials stats, but SR's weapons? Am I correct?

On a sidenote, while I was checking different kinds of weapons to avoid this issue: According your description, Planetar & Deva (at least the good version) should be either using a 1d10+10 or 2d6+10 weapon, but every single *itm file from different versions (you could really say, I try to keep the overview) show, that those weapons are only using a +3 damage modification instead?!
The descriptions says "2d6+10 Slashing Damage (Greatsword +3)". The sword itself is a +3 weapon, while 2d6+10 includes all bonuses such as STR.
I'm a little confused. Leaving aside that vanilla and SR don't have Movanic and Astral Deva but just a Deva, I'm not sure I understand your goal (I'm using my phone who refuses to open the zipped weidu log): you wanted SR's animation with PnP Celestials stats, but SR's weapons? Am I correct?

nonononono ^^

I explicitly mentioned, that am using the P&P Celestials mod (if not, than I do now). But the scripting of your installer files:

// p&p celestials compatibility

Whereas the overhaul of changing the skin/weapons and whatever starts....(the other thing I mentioned was only; CAUSE I was fucking stupid and didn't check for the similarity of both mods, yet the summon done by yours is even more intriguing, I'd even say OP. The celestial mod usually givres you the movanic deva, which is a terrifying shit-bitch with a stupid +1 weapon. According the summoning script you only get the astral deva - also done by that very mod - under some very weird circumstances - ---> namely ONE: in the goddamn pocket plane, and nowhere else! Else you are stuck to the stupid shit fucking (oh and am so very sorry to start using swearing words ^^) Movanic Deva, which is the most useless utter garbage ever.

But that was not the point of the bug, cause you catch the installation of that very mod, and change it. I don't mind the stats and things, cause am usually stupid enough to do that on my own ^^

Yet, the thing I can NOT change, cause of my very silliness :ninja:, is de facto, that the change done to the Movanic Deva of the Mod 'P&P Celestials' by your GFX overhaul for celestial beings is causing a crash for me.

The descriptions says "2d6+10 Slashing Damage (Greatsword +3)". The sword itself is a +3 weapon, while 2d6+10 includes all bonuses such as STR.

According PnP a xdx +whatever bonus, gives exact this very 'whatever' bonus despite his/her STR bonus, and it is always displayed as such. Imagine we'd play PnP together and might kill some nasty dragon, which might have killed an elemental being some time time ago and hoarded their very weapon. So, now that we have killed that dragon (oh, I usually play a cleric ^^) you see the random and locked loot and you notice an exceptional weapon - in that very case it was taken from an outerplanar being - don't ask me why and under what circumstances a dragon could have been dealt with a very planetar being and even killed it - just let us assume even further.

The DM tells you, you are the only obliged person, who can wear that very item, which in that case is still un-identifyed but your roll is needless..you'll get it anyway. Now, you ask your wizard nicely to identify that new weap0on, your glamouring hands just have laid upon, and after he fizzled around with some components he identifies it as a 'mere' +3 weapon. But now you are saying, that can't be true..cause it should be a - lets say - +7 dam weap0on, cause your are some friggin' berserk warrior or slayer of the gods, or paladin in the name of xxx god. Not to mention, that cause of your insane physical strength to wield that weapon properly, you also demand that the damage enchantment is not enough for you :p or kinda

I don't understand the logic beyond, a WP +3 is and will ever be considered as a wp +3 (excluding the STR DAM bonus), if there is listed some kind of bonus damage like 1d10+10 THEN that very WP is supposed to have this very bonus and it is not meant to have an imaginary STR bonus.

I think the compatibility we tried to achieve in this component with P&P Celestials was that we would update the animations (creature and weapon) but leave all the statistics alone. So, their weapons should have whatever properties were assigned by P&P Celestials.

I will see if I can reproduce your crash.

Confirmed crash and identified cause: the P&P Celestials weapon was flagged as two-handed. For some reason, this is not a problem when the animation is set to one-handed sword (S1), but it is when the animation is set to flaming sword (FS).

The SR component now flags the weapon as one-handed when it changes its animation. I have attached Hotfix 03 to the first post in this thread.

Confirmed crash and identified cause: the P&P Celestials weapon was flagged as two-handed. For some reason, this is not a problem when the animation is set to one-handed sword (S1), but it is when the animation is set to flaming sword (FS).

The SR component now flags the weapon as one-handed when it changes its animation. I have attached Hotfix 03 to the first post in this thread.

cool ty!

It may be just me, but the level 8 abjuration spell's, <Spell Shield>'s, tooltip is broken in my game. The scroll's tooltip matches that of the readme's of this mod but when I copy the spell into my spellbook it shows as a level 6 spell (in the level 8 tab, though), it's called Spell Deflection (and the tooltip matches) and its icon is the same as protection from fire. A minor annoyance but I want to know if anyone else has this. Reinstalling the mod produced no results as did erasing the spell and re-copying it.

On a side note, protection from evil hasn't been the same since I installed this mod as it no longer protected me from demons etc. (e.g. the Gate spell, Summon Death Knight and so on...)

Otherwise, thank you very much for the great mod.

It may be just me, but the level 8 abjuration spell's, <Spell Shield>'s, tooltip is broken in my game. The scroll's tooltip matches that of the readme's of this mod but when I copy the spell into my spellbook it shows as a level 6 spell (in the level 8 tab, though), it's called Spell Deflection (and the tooltip matches) and its icon is the same as protection from fire. A minor annoyance but I want to know if anyone else has this. Reinstalling the mod produced no results as did erasing the spell and re-copying it.
I cannot reproduce it, everything seems fine on my install.

On a side note, protection from evil hasn't been the same since I installed this mod as it no longer protected me from demons etc. (e.g. the Gate spell, Summon Death Knight and so on...)
That was a game mechanic really unfair for the AI. SCS made the AI ignore it (but not players) and thus I took the opportunity to make it behave the same for both AI and players. The spell is still great though.

Otherwise, thank you very much for the great mod.
:)
That was a game mechanic really unfair for the AI. SCS made the AI ignore it (but not players) and thus I took the opportunity to make it behave the same for both AI and players. The spell is still great though.

Not that it isn't great, but this spell makes Gate pretty much useless; everytime some 'Cowled Fool' (-Edwin) does protection and gate combo, the pit fiend first devours the caster, then he proceeds to feast upon the commoners and right out the blue when I'm fleeing with my party, he casts the <Teleport without error> or whatever it was to my party and pretty much makes me reload my last save. This actually happened when I was low level and ambushed by some muggers and I used some spells to speed up the fight... You'd think that after playing this game for +5 years one would learn that spellcasting is prohibited in Athkatla. :)

And about the Spell Shield tooltip, this really doesn't actually bother me but I might sometimes get confused about the spell effects. I guess that somehow I failed with the installation, since I doubt its another mod in conflict with this. Is there any way that I could modify the tooltip manually? I could just copy the one from the scroll to the one in the spell book.

Edit: After reinstalling this mod for second time, J'Savir's problem has vanished like his sibling's skooma supplies on a Friday evening. Khajit is very confused, but the problem has vanished, yes? And that is all that matters for this one.

Khajit wants to express his thanks for the very swift answer and wishes that you may always find warm sands at the end of your road. Good evening to you, my friend.

Archived