Suggestion and fix for the new patch

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I want few things to fix from Icewind Dale, and I have installed all the patches and mods myself.

Requests:

1) 04/18/12

Even after installation of all the patch, I still see some of problems I want it to be fixed.

With HOW installation, I can make the game full screen by pressing "H" button, but once I am in the middle of battle and press "H", those boundaries will start blinking like crazy instead of keeping it full screen. Hope somebody can fix this.

2) 04/18/12

Another thing is after installation of HOW, I also tried it with/without patch, but it removed the narrator's voice of Prologue trailer. It works fine with only Icewind Dale installation..

I'm curious if it only does in the prologue trailer, or other trailers as well.. but wish the new patch fix this.

3) 04/18/12

Hostiled creatures (any NPCS) can not follow cross the door, or next area so to say. I don't know if this is good thing, but for people like me who likes challenging game would like to see them follow.

2) 04/23/12

Applying barkeepers voice from BG to IWD.

3) 04/25/12

Applying dialogue of action or commands of BG character's voice to IWD. (Already have voices)

Solutions to the requests:

1) 04/17/12

Another suggestion to whomever creating the patch, please include option to choose "You must gather your party before venturing forth" voice when crossing the area without full party ! It's the awesome nostalgic voice that people need to hear :)

Refer the below link and apply in the game directory. Solved!

http://sasha-altheri...ab_IWD_NATV.zip

Thanks to user: Plainab

Done by 04/23/12

Did you install Trials of the Luremaster? That is the free addon which includes the latest official patch for IWD.

Another thing is after installation of HOW, I also tried it with/without patch, but it removed the narrator's voice of Prologue trailer. It works fine with only Icewind Dale installation..
I am familiar with this and even tried to figure what the problem is, I however was not able to reproduce the problem with my installation. Perhaps there is a difference due to US vs UK regions or something. It was only reported in the prologue that I know of

Lastly hostiled creatures (any NPCS) can not follow cross the door, or next area so to say. I don't know if this is good thing, but for people like me who likes challenging game would like to see them follow.
The feature of hostile creatures using doors was added into the Infinity Engine with the BG2 version.

Did you install Trials of the Luremaster? That is the free addon which includes the latest official patch for IWD.

Yes, but Fixpatch must be installed after installation of Luremaster, and that's what I did.

I am familiar with this and even tried to figure what the problem is, I however was not able to reproduce the problem with my installation. Perhaps there is a difference due to US vs UK regions or something. It was only reported in the prologue that I know of

U.S Version. Below link is where I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2eb626354e

It's DvD Compatible only, I'm not sure when the first IWD came out they were for CD only?

Lastly hostiled creatures (any NPCS) can not follow cross the door, or next area so to say. I don't know if this is good thing, but for people like me who likes challenging game would like to see them follow.
The feature of hostile creatures using doors was added into the Infinity Engine with the BG2 version.

The creator of Tweakmod should be able to make patch for this, with his professional skill, I think. Well that's why I'm suggesting.

Lastly you didn't respond on that "H" button glitch during the battle :) but thanks for the input and effort to look over. Are you somehow related to the creator of patch?

Lastly you didn't respond on that "H" button glitch during the battle :) but thanks for the input and effort to look over. Are you somehow related to the creator of patch?
I had no hand in the fixpack or the tweak mod for IWD. I have made one hotfix for IWD and thats it. http://www.shsforums...498-iwd-hotfix/

Pretty smart and appreciate it.

Another suggestion to whomever creating the patch, please include option to choose "You must gather your party before venturing forth" voice when crossing the area without full party ! It's the awesome nostalgic voice that people need to hear :)

You are wanting to add that?

I did not think IWD had such a transition statement. Is there anything that is displayed when part of the party tries to change map without the rest? I don't really remember. I'd have to re-install to check for myself. If there is such a statement, it wouldn't really be that hard to port the audio file from the BG games and adjust the text to match. However, if there is no statement that is triggered I wouldn't know how to get it to implement.

Yes there is a statement shown in dialogue. I probably enabled it from "show text" in the option, and I have absolutely no knowledge on how to port the audio file from BG games. Another thing is, I don't want any glitch to occur once I transfer the file from it.

You're in luck then. I made images of my IWD dvds last night. Which means that I can install/uninstall without worry of digging out the discs etc. So long as there is a transition statement, it shouldn't be too hard to make a tweak to allow the voice as well. We will see tho....

Per your request. simple little mod to apply the voice for the area transition text.

http://sasha-altheri.../ab_IWD_NATV.7z

oh and apparently I did find the problem and the solution to the voice over text on the prolog (couple posts down)

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=23407

the first link opens another explorer tab with plenty of broken language. It seems I can save it as target save as in HTML format however. Can I get any instruction for it?

and thanks for the 2nd link, I will definately look at it later.

the first link opens another explorer tab with plenty of broken language. It seems I can save it as target save as in HTML format however. Can I get any instruction for it?

It's just a simple mod that has a copy of the error01.wav from BG. when you run the setup-modname.exe file (mod name is too long to write out LOL) inside the game directory it'll copy the error01.wav file and then adjust the necessary dialog.tlk string to include the sound file.

The link works fine for me. I use Firefox and build my website in Opera via the hosts online editor. however that link is a direct download to a 7zip file. The link works correctly and requests to be saved in both browsers I use.

perhaps your browser doesn't know how to handle it?

*tries Internet Explorer*

you are correct, it fails in Internet Explorer

Do you have access to other browsers that you can try to download the file? If not, I can try rebuilding it as .zip or .rar format.

Got the file with Firefox, but I can't unzip the file, there is an error and failure doing it. I don't know if it has to do with file being 7z extension file, which I never seen before.

and yes I like to try on Zip file instead if you can link it.

And when you said game directory, do you mean the Icewind Dale folder?

7z is from 7zip, a free utility, that can handle both zip & rar files as well as it's own compression type 7z

anywho.... zip version: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com/mods/ab_IWD_NATV.zip

yes extract it to your Icewind Dale folder.

Can't believe we're going thru all this to get that voice that most people find annoying and want to remove LOL

Anywho, it's only for English as that's the language I have available and that's the language the soundfile is in. So if you have a different language version, you'll need to use Near Infinity to look at the string reference and change the mod's tp2 string data accordingly. And you'd need to extract the proper sound file from the language version you use of Baldur's Gate 1 or 2 making sure that the file is indeed named the same.

Thanks ! that worked perfectly fine!

It also does not repeat like BG does when I click the another area for multiple times, the dialogue doesn't repeat and therefore no repeating of that voice, so whooray.

As for why choosing the voice, well, it has to do with strong nostalgia ;) I think Icewind Dale needs some of BG elements to it to make the game more fun, it's just my personal preference.

Archived