IR v4 - list of changes over v3

Dual wielding Dagger Assassin with over 9000 backstab modifier and Assassination online. Scary.
Assassins are fine, because they don't receive bonuses to damage from specialization. It's multiclasses that are dangerous - I had (critically) backstabbed a sirine for 98 damage with a dagger in BG1.

If BS bonus is restricted to thieves only, it's not gonna be broken, you'd only get e.g. +4-7 with a +3 dagger, plus +4 more against non-melee targets.

Edited by Ardanis

You can find item_rev/components/backstabbing.tpa file and change three instances of this line

LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=263 target=1 timing=2 parameter1=(0 - x) END

"x" being 1-3, to

LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=263 target=1 timing=2 parameter1=50 parameter2=2 END

and tell the results.

I'd never have thought IR v4 wouldn't be out before the end of 2013 but so it is.

I am sure the first to not be happy about this huge delay about delivering a new version is Demi himself. In the latest month it seemed like version 4 might be out at any moment of any day but sadly that was not the case.

Hello, any progress in IR? :p

I've been waiting for a new release of IR/SR, especially IR because it still stays IRv2 officially.

Do current IR and SR have compatibility with BGEE/BG2EE?

Thanks in advance!

I'd never have thought IR v4 wouldn't be out before the end of 2013 but so it is.

I am sure the first to not be happy about this huge delay about delivering a new version is Demi himself. In the latest month it seemed like version 4 might be out at any moment of any day but sadly that was not the case.

I'm not happy indeed. :( I was so accustomed that I was always the only one causing all the delays that I did not expected Arda and Mike could do the same. :D Once I was ready Arda has been uber busy with BG2EE stuff for months but then as soon as he had time for us he managed to quickly finish his part, and now I'm sure that as soon as Mike finds some spare time for us we can quickly release this damn v4.

I don't want to handle things all by myself like I did with IRv3 because look what happened, v3 is out since ages and the official version is still v2. :( That being said, rest assured I'll do whatever I can to release both IR and SR as soon as possible.

Regarding BGEE compatibility, IRv3 isn't compatible for plenty of reasons, while as far as I and Arda know the only reason SRv3 doesn't install on BGEE should be "REQUIRE_PREDICATE (ENGINE_IS ~soa tob~)" line in its tp2.

By the way, would you revise ammunition, e.g., Darts of Acid/Fire/Ice, which added in BG:EE series?

Those generally provide additional 1D6 elemental damage instead of 1D3 (As you know Arrow of Fire/Acid/etc have additional 1D3 elemental damage at IR), which is a little overpowered imo.

Arewethereyet?
The situation is still the same I explained a couple of posts ago. IR's release does not depend on me right now, thus I cannot give any eta. :(

That being said, I'm too busy with SR right now (in a certain sense I've done more for it in the last few days then I did in the last year) but if Mike really cannot manage to find some time for us in the near future I do hope Arda we'll help me out handling Mike's stuff.

That being said, I'm too busy with SR right now (in a certain sense I've done more for it in the last few days then I did in the last year) but if Mike really cannot manage to find some time for us in the near future I do hope Arda we'll help me out handling Mike's stuff.
So essentially you'll try to manage to release all your mods you have with the resources you have, in the near future...

I must say, I am a bit worried about the lack of any activity in both this and SR's Forum.

I see both Ardanis and Mike1072 posting here and there (and very happy about them being with us) but seldom here. At this point, what is the cause of this stalemate?

I must say, I am a bit worried about the lack of any activity in both this and SR's Forum.

I see both Ardanis and Mike1072 posting here and there (and very happy about them being with us) but seldom here. At this point, what is the cause of this stalemate?

We work on mods when we have the time, energy, and desire, and for me, that's just not happening right now. It's hard to say when the modding bug will strike. Similarly, it's been quite some time since I last played an IE game.

If I recall correctly, my IR to-do list consists of:

1. Research known/suspected mod compatibility issues for IR (and possibly SR). Mainly 1PP and BGT/Tutu/BG(2?)EE.
  2. Fix any easily fixed compatibility issues and update readme with compatibility recommendations
  3. Confirm everything else is ready to go with Demi and Ardanis
  4. Package and release the mod

Now #4 is relatively simple enough, but #1 and #2 are the things that will make the release actually successful.

I maintain the illusion of presence over the last couple of months, but it's really just a few minutes to drop few lines if I have a precise answer ready in mind.